Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

IT totally makes sense that they would wait for the new movie release to cross promote the new ride. Possible we will see a soft open of RoTR , with a “grand opening” near the new film’s release.

@Marni1971 posted some comments on Magic today. Since he's the premier, by far, Disney Insider, I'm going to run his 3 comments together in bold print. .In response to R&R issues posted by posters......Marni; "Not a lot. Minor ride system bugs. ....Both versions are working on it. It's normal test and adjust. It has no bearing on the split ride opening decisions.....It's a common problem. I'd expect it to be solved before the summer.".......and answering another question, he insinuates it may be tied to another media event................. ....With that last comment, I'm thinking Brian G. may be onto something with his thoughts on the matter....

Heart rate is dropping....

So... They're going to open it as part of the Episode 9 premier/marketing blitz.

Crap, I read that as opening the same time as the movie at first. Pulse is all over the place.

RI$E of the RE$I$TANCE

Crap, I read that as opening the same time as the movie at first. Pulse is all over the place.
It wouldn't surprise me, honestly.

Hard ticket "First/First" event on both coasts on 13 December. "Softs" start on the 14th. Movie premiers on the Friday, 20 December. Open the ride on 22 December.

It's open for the holidays, and every inch of marketing turns that entire weekend to something devoted entirely to Star Wars.

Park Ops would HAAAATE it, but that would print money.

Even if Disney is purposefully holding the ride (as it seems), I still say it’s a good decision to do the grand opening in August. There won’t be as much of a rush when RotR opens.

Idk, I guess I’m just of the mindset that I like the idea of crowds being spread out better? It’s still gonna be really busy obviously, but they’ll get the initial rush out of the way early.

In the grand scheme of things, none of us are really gonna care that RotR opened a few months later than the land, and likely when we were expecting it to open anyway.

You think RotR is done and they are intentionally opening this way to milk it?

To Blue milk it.

It did, but Mine Train was a late add to the expansion, so circumstances were a bit different there.

With that in mind, FoP wasn’t really ready for prime time when Pandora opened either. For better or worse, they’re definitely trying to avoid a repeat of that scenario, be it through no Fastpass, delayed opening, and so on.

Dwarf Hill took a ridiculously long time to build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Disney is purposefully holding the ride, I still say it’s a good decision to do the grand opening in August. There won’t be as much of a rush when RotR opens.

Idk, I guess I’m just of the mindset that I like the idea of crowds being spread out better? It’s still gonna be really busy obviously, but they’ll get the initial rush out of the way early.

In the grand scheme of things, none of us are really gonna care that RotR opened a few months later than the land, and likely when we were expecting it to open anyway.
Works for me. Things should quiet down a wee bit by the time I get there in mid November. Prior to this I was about 80% sure GESWL would be open, just based on my feelings in regard to what I was reading. Now it's 100% confirmed. To me, the key is that I get to visit the land. Like Diagon, exploring and savoring the land is priority one to me. Even under the best of circumstances, I'd be lucky to get a ride or two on whatever attractions are open, since I won't stand in 2 or 3 or 4 hour lines.....And, I hope Mickey's open. That's the ride I really want to do. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me, honestly.

Hard ticket "First/First" event on both coasts on 13 December. "Softs" start on the 14th. Movie premiers on the Friday, 20 December. Open the ride on 22 December.

It's open for the holidays, and every inch of marketing turns that entire weekend to something devoted entirely to Star Wars.

Park Ops would HAAAATE it, but that would print money.

Does Disney need something special to print money over the Christmas holiday?

DAK is in much more need of a something to entice people for the holidays. At least DHS has holiday offerings (they’re still figuring things out after losing Osborne, but still). DAK has very little in the way of holiday offerings.
Oh, I don’t disagree with that. But while MK and Epcot both have holiday identities, the Studios don’t anymore. Using Star Wars to drive the holidays for that park, at least this year, hides what is lacking. It may even make it the priority park to visit over MK.

Oh, I don’t disagree with that. But while MK and Epcot both have holiday identities, the Studios don’t anymore. Using Star Wars to drive the holidays for that park, at least this year, hides what is lacking. It may even make it the priority park to visit over MK.

Maybe they could take some inspiration from the SW Holiday Special