Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 196 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’ll be busy just I don’t think it’ll be apocalypse crowds.

I hope not. I'm hoping this opens early summer so by the time I visit in September the crowds will be far more manageable but then again, I'll probably need to worry about the Halloween crowd starting up.

WDW gets a LOT more international tourists. It'a much more tourist friendly destination in general. That will make the crowd difference. Only the super die hards will fly out of their way to California. Most will just wait until it's open at their usual stomping grounds.

The crazy thing is that it would be cheaper to travel to DL than WDW from the UK but almost nobody ever does.

I hope not. I'm hoping this opens early summer so by the time I visit in September the crowds will be far more manageable but then again, I'll probably need to worry about the Halloween crowd starting up.

The crazy thing is that it would be cheaper to travel to DL than WDW from the UK but almost nobody ever does.

I'd argue that when most foreign visitors make the trip, they stay for and extended period of time. With 4 parks, 2 water parks, a bunch of other stuff, and oh...another bunch of world class theme parks down the road, I think the choice to come to Orlando over Anaheim makes sense.

but I'm a local, so who knows.

I'd argue that when most foreign visitors make the trip, they stay for and extended period of time. With 4 parks, 2 water parks, a bunch of other stuff, and oh...another bunch of world class theme parks down the road, I think the choice to come to Orlando over Anaheim makes sense.

but I'm a local, so who knows.

That's true. Orlando offers far more than Anaheim does but I think for a concentrated Disney dose, Anaheim is the way to go, I think it offers a more laid back option if you have young kids, especially when it comes to meet and greets.

Do you think the outrage from fans towards SW after TLJ could play a role in crowds being lighter?

I think it would be minuscule, maybe a couple of hundred fans and even then, they will probably visit at some point if the land delivers like it's expected.

Reactions: therock
:thumbsdown:

hot take: People that don't like hops, don't actually like beer.
IPAs are the Coke Zeros of beer.

Now about SW:GE, they will be huge, but the demo isn't as starved for attractions and merch like the Potter demo was when it opened. Star Tours has been on both coasts for 30 years.

If I were Disney, I would be far more concerned about the depth of uber fan base that will be booking the SW resort.

Last edited:
IPad are the Coke Zeros of beer.

Now about SW:GE, they will be huge, but the demo isn't as starved for attractions and merch like the Potter demo was when it opened. Star Tours has been on both coasts for 30 years.

If I were Disney, I would be far more concerned about the depth of uber fan base that will be booking the SW resort.

Ipa's basically saved beer in general and helped create all those craft breweries you love in the first place. They are the flagship beer of almost every craft brewery in he US. Like them or not. If anything is "Like Coke Zero" it's the crappy "ultra light" beers that gained popularity with teenagers and housewives in mid 00's.

I'm not asking for HAZE ipa's , but could we have something with a little bite? Even a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale would do...

Reactions: RevFreako
A lot more people live towards the east than the towards the west. The population of Eastern Timezone is about triple that of Pacific Timezone.

time-zone-pop.png

A lot more people live towards the east than the towards the west. The population of Eastern Timezone is about triple that of Pacific Timezone.

https://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/maps-data/maps/thematic/us_popdensity_2010map.pdf

us_popdensity_2010map.pdf
Uh oh. We got geography lessons in our beer talk!

Good point. We’ve had Star Wars rides before. And this isn’t even a planet from the films to get fans excited. Maybe the openings will be more like Pandora and less like Hogsmeade after all.

I don't. People still love Star Wars, despite the nonsense they post online about Disney ruining their childhood. They will still show up.
Because the land actually looks good.

If they’ll show up no matter what for anything Star Wars, explain Solo ;)
IPAs are the Coke Zeros of beer.

I don’t get this argument. There’s a clear difference between what this land is offering vs. Star Tours as a single ride. Even Star Wars weekends didn’t have anything really comparable.
Good point. We’ve had Star Wars rides before. And this isn’t even a planet from the films to get fans excited. Maybe the openings will be more like Pandora and less like Hogsmeade after all.
A planet directly from the movie isn’t needed when what they’re doing is still very clearly Star Wars. The look and feel is all there not to mention the Millenium Falcon.

The land, like actual land area for guests, is MASSIVE. Hogsmeade had issues because it was the size of Mickey's Toon Town. Now We have something 14 acres large. I think lines to DO THINGS will be long, but I believe the land won't be ticketed.

The land, like actual land area for guests, is MASSIVE. Hogsmeade had issues because it was the size of Mickey's Toon Town. Now We have something 14 acres large. I think lines to DO THINGS will be long, but I believe the land won't be ticketed.

It's really more the lines I'm concerned about but if MaxPass is still on the go and mixed in with 8 hour jet lag, I should be at the front of the queue for the park opening.

On the flip side, with everybody wanting to see Star Wars, the rest of the park might be quieter allowing for a more leisurely pace.

Reactions: truejonas
Instead WDW has Paid Extra Magic Hours. The rides with the longest waits with no waits for a few hours after the park closes or before it opens. Essentially the same as paid FastPass but without the inevitable backlash. Perfect!
If both rides have 3+ hour waits it may be worth it

Reactions: SkiBum