Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Yeah, but would causing a ride to estop and getting banned from the property be worth the selfie?

Nevermind. People are stupid.

Have you seen the 'Why we can't have nice things' thread or the Just For Social Media subreddit?
justforsocialmedia

Except it's absolutely part of the queue.

rise-of-the-resistance-hanger-leak-original.jpg

rise-of-the-resistance-hanger-concept-art-1068x584.jpg

Looks like this scene here with the ride vehicle in it.

A scene like that works better in the ride than the queue. In the queue, you are going to be in that room for a decent amount of time I'm sure. Having 50 storm troopers stand there and not move ever would come off as fake. Zooming by on the ride for 30 seconds, them not moving wouldn't be noticed. Unless they are all AA's, which I doubt. Even low level AA's there would be a lot of cost and to go wrong.

A scene like that works better in the ride than the queue. In the queue, you are going to be in that room for a decent amount of time I'm sure. Having 50 storm troopers stand there and not move ever would come off as fake. Zooming by on the ride for 30 seconds, them not moving wouldn't be noticed. Unless they are all AA's, which I doubt. Even low level AA's there would be a lot of cost and to go wrong.
They are all animatronics this has been confirmed in many press releases.... also.. this room is directly after the preshow so We might be walking by it briefly instead of queuing in the room
EDIT - you can see in the picture a lot of the wires coming out the legs aswell as a lot of the feet missing for wiring

They are all animatronics this has been confirmed in many press releases.... also.. this room is directly after the preshow so We might be walking by it briefly instead of queuing in the room
EDIT - you can see in the picture a lot of the wires coming out the legs aswell as a lot of the feet missing for wiring

I recall reading that they will have super subtle movement, just so they aren't static.

The Resistance Transport Ship (think HM stretching room or MIB elevator, but actually moves) doors swing open and you’re greeted by this giant hangar. You’re then ushered through and into one of the several interrogation cells off to the side, where you will board the First Order transport vehicle. The ride then gets underway as the Resistance takes control of that vehicle and you try and escape the Star Destroyer.

Taking bets on how long it takes before people cross under that barrier and take selfies with the storm troopers. They should have just built a barrier like the one in front of the falcon at least that one is continuous. That gap between allows a kid to slide though fairly easily.

Edit: I could see them staffing a Cast Member to stand on the other side though.

Not even sure that barrier will be there in the final product. It defeats the forced perspective they are going for.

If what people are saying about the ride's storyline are true, this section would be the area where you are taken off of the Resistance ship as a prisoner and put into your transport to be taken to a detention cell. I am guessing there will be Cast Members here to make sure you are in the ride vehicle just like any other attraction.

I don’t see how RotR even remotely has any pressure. We are talking about Disney’s biggest and most immersive ride experience they’ve ever created, versus a rollercoaster with some low budget animatronics at Universal, I don’t think that’s gonna be hard to top lol.

Yeah, Disney already has a roller coaster with one Audio Inanimatron. And are building one with none, and a horrible theme destroying outdoor section.

I will say that hanger queue room is exactly how I like screenz to be utilized, it will never truly be the full focus of this scene. That's probably going to be a stunning backdrop while us rebel scum are shuffled towards the detention center