Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

So is this the best ride in the world now or naw?
In all honesty, it has potential to be lol. Like I hate setting the bar that high as it will lead to disappointment but it doesn't get much better, more technologically impressive and immersive than this from the sounds of it. Im interested to see how it is in person and as an entire experience as a whole. So I think we need to wait and see but there are, as others have mentioned, lots of "WOW" moments on this ride.

In general though, what do most people say the worlds best attraction is? I know there isn't 1 definitive answer but I'm curious what that grouping is. I know mine but that doesn't mean everyone else agrees Revenge of The Mummy is the best ride ever, so I'm curious what the general public (or at least the general theme park nerd public) thinks of this. Tower of Terror? Haunted Mansion? Mystic Manor? Forbidden Journey? Indy? Journey To The Center of The Earth? Im sure I'm missing some but I am curious what people consider "the best".

I think it’s difficult to nail one down as the GOAT, simply because of the sheer variety of ride types and the subjectivity that comes with them.

This ride will be easy to compare and critique against rides like Spider-Man, Transformers, and even Mystic Manor, but how do you compare it to Tower or Hagrid? It gets even more complicated when you factor in that some people hate drop rides, or love rollercoasters, or vice versa.

I think it’s difficult to nail one down as the GOAT, simply because of the sheer variety of ride types and the subjectivity that comes with them.

This ride will be easy to compare and critique against rides like Spider-Man, Transformers, and even Mystic Manor, but how do you compare it to Tower or Hagrid? It gets even more complicated when you factor in that some people hate drop rides, or love rollercoasters, or vice versa.
Exactly, thats why I'm not sure what the general consensus is on it. They just clearly doesn't seem to be lol. I think at the very least, expecting Rise to be a top 5 WDW and DL (not as familiar with all DL rides as a heads up), is a reasonable expectation.

Still see Hagrid more as a coaster. I would compare to FJ or SpiderMan properly.

Since Hagrid is the most recent E ticket at universal it will likely be compared regardless.

Found the post on Magic.

Had the chance to do a full ride through. There is no wonder they are pulling out nostops for this. I may be a little biased, but I have had my fair share of chances to go through different types of entertainment experiences early. This is easily the best.

Several incredible moments, but there are three “did I just see that?” moments that will be talked about for a long time.

I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting. | Page 17 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

and in reply to what the three wow moments were they said:

Lightsaber, Escape, At-At..

Huh. An account created 2 months ago that posts almost exclusively about RotR somehow got early access and loves the ride.

We also have a review from Mice Chat, who were basically unmasked at Iger's mouthpiece earlier this year on Magic. (Still surprised that story just disappeared, but it was probably too inside baseball.)

'Member when "Jimmy Thick" came back after his (alleged) firing from WDI to tell us how we were sleeping on the Jimmy Fallon ride and it would actually be a game-changer? Pepperidge Farm remembers ...

Huh. An account created 2 months ago that posts almost exclusively about RotR somehow got early access and loves the ride.

We also have a review from Mice Chat, who were basically unmasked at Iger's mouthpiece earlier this year on Magic. (Still surprised that story just disappeared, but it was probably too inside baseball.)

'Member when "Jimmy Thick" came back after his (alleged) firing from WDI to tell us how we were sleeping on the Jimmy Fallon ride and it would actually be a game-changer? Pepperidge Farm remembers ...
I've been following that guy on Magic and have also thought he was a Disney social media plant.

Id ultimately say the experience as a whole makes Rise a thing of its own, not really comparable. If anything this is the kind of attraction people eventually compare new ones to.

That being said if anything id compare the ride portion to Spiderman. Simulated thrills and all. Maybe the vehicle itself won't be as fast but id say its as thrilling as Spidey

we will all find out soon enough...seems silly to have a "plant" on an attraction that already has several degrees of hype, and a rumored troubled opening.

I'm excited for this one mostly for tech reasons. Lasers, projection mapping, AI screen portions that follow you as you move around, fast elevator up, simulator/drop down, etc.

But, I kinda get the feeling that by the third preshow this will have felt like a walkthrough attraction to me for 10 to 15 minutes before the ride even starts.While that's cool the first time, I'm sure it will kill re-ride-abily for me a little. I like rides I can just get on and have fun with little to no effort or time spent waiting. Luckily single rider skips all the hoopla at Gringotts, because while it is fun every once in awhile, sometimes I just wanna jump into a quick adventure and then grab a Butterbeer ice cream and be on my way.

I am pretty excited for the music though. It'll be nice to have some fanfare for the land!

I'm excited for this one mostly for tech reasons. Lasers, projection mapping, AI screen portions that follow you as you move around, fast elevator up, simulator/drop down, etc.

But, I kinda get the feeling that by the third preshow this will have felt like a walkthrough attraction to me for 10 to 15 minutes before the ride even starts.While that's cool the first time, I'm sure it will kill re-ride-abily for me a little. I like rides I can just get on and have fun with little to no effort or time spent waiting. Luckily single rider skips all the hoopla at Gringotts, because while it is fun every once in awhile, sometimes I just wanna jump into a quick adventure and then grab a Butterbeer ice cream and be on my way.

I am pretty excited for the music though. It'll be nice to have some fanfare for the land!
Fair points, but Disney ain't building this for the re-rides. They're trying to build the most immersive attraction possible and to do that, you need the pre shows. As far as I've been told no fast pass or single rider line will miss a pre show.

Im also a Star Wars nut and this entire experience is like living out a Star Wars journey so Im not too worried, I understand for non Star Wars people that the pre shows could get tiring. Luckily, I think they'll be the most technically advanced pre shows around so that should help for a few future viewings.

Fair points, but Disney ain't building this for the re-rides. They're trying to build the most immersive attraction possible and to do that, you need the pre shows. As far as I've been told no fast pass or single rider line will miss a pre show.

Im also a Star Wars nut and this entire experience is like living out a Star Wars journey so Im not too worried, I understand for non Star Wars people that the pre shows could get tiring. Luckily, I think they'll be the most technically advanced pre shows around so that should help for a few future viewings.
Was just my thoughts going into Thursday. I think good preshows (like Gringotts or Mansion) are important to separating theme parks from amusement parks.

And there's something in the final preshow that makes me think of Enchanted Tales with Belle I am super excited for. But again, tech stuff. That's just me and my tastes.

Was just my thoughts going into Thursday. I think good preshows (like Gringotts or Mansion) are important to separating theme parks from amusement parks.

And there's something in the final preshow that makes me think of Enchanted Tales with Belle I am super excited for. But again, tech stuff. That's just me and my tastes.
Oh I totally get it, and you're a local so you can do this stuff all the time. I totally get it. But agreed, final preshow sounds DOPE. Being from Maine we don't have anything like the parks in Orlando or really any tech like other major cities have, so Im always wow'd by everything. This ride just sounds over the top for my sensory imagery.

I think this definitely has a chance to end up in my Top 10. My only worry is the trackless section not feeling zippy enough, as I feel like there needs to be some speed to a desperate escape-themed attraction

I think this definitely has a chance to end up in my Top 10. My only worry is the trackless section not feeling zippy enough, as I feel like there needs to be some speed to a desperate escape-themed attraction
Rounding corners and frantically running into dead ends and turning around should be enough frenetic energy to give a sense of escape. Think about how slow Mr. Toad actually is versus how frantic it feels in some rooms for example.

Rounding corners and frantically running into dead ends and turning around should be enough frenetic energy to give a sense of escape. Think about how slow Mr. Toad actually is versus how frantic it feels in some rooms for example.

Yea, we'll see. There just seems to be a lot of big ol' rooms where we get shot at. And I know Stormtroopers are bad shots, but if we're moving slow it's gonna be unconvincing lol

This, and there's truly so much going on you honestly may not even know/realize/care how fast you're going. Im not trying to sound too cliche or hyperbolic, but its just true. Your description is perfect.

Yea, we'll see. There just seems to be a lot of big ol' rooms where we get shot at. And I know Stormtroopers are bad shots, but if we're moving slow it's gonna be unconvincing lol

Looking at the B roll footage, it does seem like the cars are spinning more than they need to which should add a bit more sensation of speed.

This, and there's truly so much going on you honestly may not even know/realize/care how fast you're going. Im not trying to sound too cliche or hyperbolic, but its just true. Your description is perfect.

Listen, I heard the "it's just so good you won't care about ___________" line regarding Flight of Passage, and I came away never wanting to ride that ride again.

I don't think that will come close to happening with this one, but every time we try to anoint a ride as the GOAT before it opens, I always think it backfires.

This ride is probably gonna be great, and that's good enough for me until I ride it.

Listen, I heard the "it's just so good you won't care about ___________" line regarding Flight of Passage, and I came away never wanting to ride that ride again.

I don't think that will come close to happening with this one, but every time we try to anoint a ride as the GOAT before it opens, I always think it backfires.

This ride is probably gonna be great, and that's good enough for me until I ride it.
That's completely fair. Ive never been on Flight of Passage but I can't imagine a screen ride doing all that. While this does have some screens (Sorry guys, you aren't ACTUALLY being shot at or in Space) its more screens like Spiderman, to my knowledge. They aren't going to play a major major impact in your ride. I mean they will, but like, idk, theres a lot going on in this man haha. I honestly don't know how it will ride, but as I said from all I know this sounds world class. Im not calling it the GOAT but there's reason big rides like this get hype. Anything with any hype will always disappoint some people as I'm sure this may as well but idk, we'll have to wait and see I guess. I am really curious to see how it all works together. Hard to describe without being on it and giving no spoilers. But, its a lot.