Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

It seems that most of the reviews are "out of this world" ;)

However, as some have noted, these people have been wined and dined and are pretty much expected to deliver positive reviews of the ride. I think things will be quite different tomorrow when this thing opens to the general public...

Rise of the Resistance is what Spider-Man would have been if it was built today, had a larger budget and if it was trackless. Not trying to stir a Disney v. Uni argument, just trying to put things into perspective.

Nobody should be surprised by this. The rides are built 20 years apart and this is what we’re all hoping for.

No one's trashing the preshow. Simply people wishing they could ride the even more incredible attraction even faster on rerides months from now.
Let me say this for those in the back: WDW is not a local’s park. They are a destination resort. They don’t care about locals much at all, and why should they? It sucks if that’s you, but it is what it is.

Universal is moving more and more in that direction and will essentially transition fully once EU is complete. It’ll start with a massive AP increase. So get used to it if you’re local.

Last edited:
Let me say this for those in the back: WDW is not a local’s park. They are a destination resort. They don’t care about locals much at all, and why should they? It sucks if that’s you, but it is what it is.

Universal is moving in that direction. So get used to it if you’re local.

DL is a local park and has the exact same ride.

It seems that most of the reviews are "out of this world" ;)

However, as some have noted, these people have been wined and dined and are pretty much expected to deliver positive reviews of the ride. I think things will be quite different tomorrow when this thing opens to the general public...
I agree with you, that's why I am avoiding all the media hype and POV's. Also, I am doing my countdown until tomorrow, since I am going tomorrow morning. I am excited for the ride just hopefully not the mass of people. So saving my big hopes for tomorrow.

This is true, at least for right now.
The way its laid out, I don't think its physically possible to skip the transport with out going backstage.

I could be wrong but my source led me to believe single rider will be available, or there is at least a set up for it. Could be wrong however.

I understand not wanting to do the pre shows but experience these pre shows first and see what you think. I think the rey/BB8 could get tedious but everything else is basically a ride, I wouldn't be too worried. There's also so much going on this ride people are going to want to ride it again at least a few times.

Honestly though, all the pre shows are very intricate and important to this experience, so why would they let you skip them? Not meant to be a diss at all but they're not making these rides for the locals who come and vlog every week.
I dont think there's a way to set up a singe line since everyone merges at the transport anyways. It might be like FOP where they sort singles out towards the boarding area

Last edited:
Yeah, looks pretty darn incredible.

(I would like to point out, though, that it would definitely be counted as a screen ride at Universal. Thus, DHS and Epcot have more screen-based attractions than Islands. :lol:)

The way its laid out, I don't think its physically possible to skip the transport with out going backstage.

I dont think there's a way to set up a singe line since everyone merges at the transport anyways. It might be like FOP where they sort singles out towards the boarding area
Ya I’m just going by what I was told I don’t have many specifics tbh, maybe shouldn’t have posted it. I’ve asked about single rider and fast pass and they said both are in plans for the near future. Most of the queue is before you merge at the transport so I’d think there’s a set up to by pass some of the queue and go pretty much straight to transport, but that’s speculation on my part. I know I definitely mentioned single riders but they could’ve just been eluding to the fact that Fast Pass is coming, which isn’t really news to anyone lol. Sorry if I’ve added confusion but it at least sounded like a couple of months ago single riders was going to be an option

Universal is moving more and more in that direction and will essentially transition fully once EU is complete. It’ll start with a massive AP increase. So get used to it if you’re local.

Alicia put it best, but no one is really arguing that:

We were just—I was just explaining my personal preference, and how it in no way was meant to be construed as negative criticism. A personal preference doesn't equal negative criticism. Disney shouldn't be designing rides just for me, and if I were them I would make the preshows mandatory for this one too lol. Not everything needs to be an argument, I think we all agree here.

I thought Teacups run through all sorts of weather, so I’m guessing this is the same. It’ll be hot and muggy in there, but no different than the designed-for-California shops or designed-for-California quick serve with mostly outside seating.

I would think the bigger issue would be condensation on the track, but I don’t know enough about the underside of the ride vehicle to know if that could be a problem.

This ride is exactly what I have been waiting for Disney to do for so long. It looks absolutely incredible. Plenty of human sized AA’s with incredibly fluid movements, a narrative that makes sense, a sense of danger, and some thrill. After watching these POV’s, I cannot understand how some of you can sit behind a computer screen and critique the most minuscule of details after Imagineeers have worked for years to create and build this thing. What they’ve done is made the one of the most immersive attractions I’ve ever seen. The space screens all look like incredible quality and even the queue immerses you into the story. I can not wait to ride this thing in January.

This ride is exactly what I have been waiting for Disney to do for so long. It looks absolutely incredible. Plenty of human sized AA’s with incredibly fluid movements, a narrative that makes sense, a sense of danger, and some thrill. After watching these POV’s, I cannot understand how some of you can sit behind a computer screen and critique the most minuscule of details after Imagineeers have worked for years to create and build this thing. What they’ve done is made the one of the most immersive attractions I’ve ever seen. The space screens all look like incredible quality and even the queue immerses you into the story. I can not wait to ride this thing in January.
Anyone can critique anything. Nothing is 100% perfect.