Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

hagrid never dumped the queue, are you sure?

I think it’s fair to compare the two largest attraction openings this year and how they were handled. But let’s no turn this into a Hagrid vs RotR argument.

But Hagrid definitely had people in line opening day that got dumped from queue at end of night; after 10 hours.

I think Disney saw what happened at Hagrid and made some smart choices to try and avoid that press and chaos.

Last edited:
I think it’s fair to compare the two largest attention openings this year and how they were handled. But let’s no turn this into a Hagrid vs RotR argument.

But Hagrid definitely had people in line opening day that got dumped from queue at end of night; after 10 hours.

I think Disney saw what happened at Hagrid and made some smart choices to try and avoid that press and chaos.

The difference has been the virtual queue so the optics appear different. People were waiting 10-12 hours but were able to explore the park. As end of day approached, they “dumped” the virtual queue after a certain number and gave everyone the 1-day ticket and a FP to ride Rise the next day.

Interesting. and...why I say great things about IU posters. Even though it's a Disney ride, everyone here is saying how great it is. IU posters, are for the most part, lovers of all good things in theme parks, regardless of the park, and very fair in their assessments of an attraction....Now, if you ever tune into a forum on a Disney oriented fan site, there's a cascade of anti Universal vitriol, no matter how good the ride. They'll nit pick everything. Mind you, not every poster, but way way too many. ....Kudos to IU posters for giving everything a fair shake. :thumbsup::toast:

For real. I'll say it again, I'm sick of people treating this like a sports rivalry.

My rating when I got off was 8/10, bumped to 9/10 once I got home and watched POVs for the first time because it’s all frantic in the moment. May also drop some land and DHS overhaul thoughts.

hagrid never dumped the queue, are you sure?
I think he means mid-day. We all know ruby passes are a thing, but as someone who waited for 5+ hours through breakdowns one day and still didn’t get on Hagrids, they do not dump mid-day because they have no way to put people back in a 120-minute queue in equitable fashion if they do. The queues at Rise have been 10-15 minutes so dumping isn’t “unfair.” Kicking everyone out and pausing the boarding group from advancing is substantially less unfair than being next to board and being told sorry, have fun navigating the hoardes again.

To keep this Disney-centric, while queue dumps sound bad and the ride going down obviously isn’t ideal, it’s the right thing to do in this individual circumstance - and have a quick trigger on it.

Dump the queue...does that mean they're actually emptying everyone out of the queue? What are they doing with those people who waited a bit in line with their boarding group? Are they the ones getting tickets to come back later?

Dump the queue...does that mean they're actually emptying everyone out of the queue? What are they doing with those people who waited a bit in line with their boarding group? Are they the ones getting tickets to come back later?
Yes. When they dump the queue, folks get a FP+ to get back on when it comes up.

I really thought that would be a day one only thing. Good for Disney on this.

That isn’t sustainable for much longer though. Someone in Burbank is gonna have a heart attack Monday morning when they see how many 1-Day tickets were handed out. It’s good PR though that’s for sure. TDO sure is terrified of a Hagirds situation happing at DHS and the ‘bloggers’ posting all about it on social media. They are willing to do anything to avoid anymore bad reactions to GE.

That isn’t sustainable for much longer though. Someone in Burbank is gonna have a heart attack Monday morning when they see how many 1-Day tickets were handed out. It’s good PR though that’s for sure. TDO sure is terrified of a Hagirds situation happing at DHS and the ‘bloggers’ posting all about it on social media. They are willing to do anything to avoid anymore bad reactions to GE.
They just need to find out where they want to set the boarding group limit and where to add additional boarding groups. Also these comp tickets are chump change compared to repeated beyond inflation price increases that have led into the galaxy's edge opening. Disney charges prices like a premium brand. Maybe the new guy has a but more leeway or whits to actually manage WDW like a premium brand.

The difference has been the virtual queue so the optics appear different. People were waiting 10-12 hours but were able to explore the park. As end of day approached, they “dumped” the virtual queue after a certain number and gave everyone the 1-day ticket and a FP to ride Rise the next day.

Also Rise doesn’t have to worry about closing due to rain.

They just need to find out where they want to set the boarding group limit and where to add additional boarding groups. Also these comp tickets are chump change compared to repeated beyond inflation price increases that have led into the galaxy's edge opening. Disney charges prices like a premium brand. Maybe the new guy has a but more leeway or whits to actually manage WDW like a premium brand.
I feel like they’re going to give away less and less boarding passes each morning until eventually, when it actually runs well one day, we’ll see them release more boarding passes in the afternoon and the internet will go insane and call it a triumph, but it seems pretty logical to me.

Good on Disney for doing what they’re doing, which of course they’re only doing so they look good, but I’m okay with that.

It doesn't really cost anything to give away free tickets. It's a good PR move that will have create positives down the line. Plus, when the people show up they'll probably spend on food/beverages/merch. It's a win win for Disney and bottom line costs absolutely 'nothing'. Very smart move.

Yeah they’re only for that person and most probably have main gates, multi-day tickets, or APs. But they’re being proactive in giving them out. A+ customer service.