Star Wars: The Last Jedi | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Decided to make a speculation post, and that I may have a spoiler on one shot from this trailer so for those who don't want to see what I post; look away.

To me, as I don't want to spoil people who aren't seeing the trailer, I am now more than confident to believe this.

I believe, that Luke is going to heel turn at the end of the film, and that is why we see Rey and Kylo talk to eachother, possibly after a saber fight that we saw in the trailer.

I think, if they played in the way that I think they are; Luke and Snoke will confront eachother, and that the both of them realize that Luke is not going at the Jedi Code, and that it's neither of the Sith. I think Snoke may use that to his advantage, influencing Luke to join him, and that he does accept it, as they both intend to change the Jedi's that were once seen in the beliefs and practices. This will cause both Rey and Kylo to abandon their masters, and alone; they realize that both of them have things in-common. Things that makes them realize that they have to confront their masters.

Yes, I believe Episode Nine will be the David vs Goliath for the Star Wars Universe, with Rey/Kylo as the davids, and Luke/Snoke as the goliaths.

Wow. That's about all I can say without spoiling :popcorn:

That would pretty much erase all the "played it safe" criticism from VII. Them turning Luke heel, is like WWE turning John Cena. Takes major stones. But, could also partly explain why they tossed most of what Lucas did out, as I couldn't ever see him doing that to the Skywalker family again. Will be very interesting to see how on point this theory is.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Wow. That's about all I can say without spoiling :popcorn:

That would pretty much erase all the "played it safe" criticism from VII. Them turning Luke heel, is like WWE turning John Cena. Takes major stones. But, could also partly explain why they tossed most of what Lucas did out, as I couldn't ever see him doing that to the Skywalker family again. Will be very interesting to see how on point this theory is.

Agreed. In theory, this would shake a lot of what fans think of Star Wars in the current hands of Disney; similar to what they have done on allowing films like Guardians, Ant-Man and Doctor Strange coming in, tackling different subjects that in the case of Marvel were risks. This would be the perfect way to shake up what people perceive, and that it would give a lot more thought to the future of the story.

Reactions: jtsalien
Agreed. In theory, this would shake a lot of what fans think of Star Wars in the current hands of Disney; similar to what they have done on allowing films like Guardians, Ant-Man and Doctor Strange coming in, tackling different subjects that in the case of Marvel were risks. This would be the perfect way to shake up what people perceive, and that it would give a lot more thought to the future of the story.

someone good going to the dark side which originally was assumed to be Rey and someone bad going to the light side was the ongoing rumour throughout production so your theory fits it. However I would definitely prefer Rey goes dark. Star Wars never had a strong female villian so I think Rey being the hero of the last movie and going to the dark side would be even more dramatic than Luke going to the dark side. Luke has nothing to lose. Rey does as a lot of people have put their hope in her

While the trailer was awesome, I do wish they hadn't given out obvious plot points throughout. The Force Awakens Trailers did a much better job at keeping the plot a mystery.

Also, it appears that some of the dialog and shots don't exactly match up, which could lead to misdirection. That's ok, but once the movie comes out, and we know what really happens, it will make the trailer seem pretty silly.

someone good going to the dark side which originally was assumed to be Rey and someone bad going to the light side was the ongoing rumour throughout production so your theory fits it. However I would definitely prefer Rey goes dark. Star Wars never had a strong female villian so I think Rey being the hero of the last movie and going to the dark side would be even more dramatic than Luke going to the dark side. Luke has nothing to lose. Rey does as a lot of people have put their hope in her
I think we end up seeing the double turn. Rey goes Dark, and Kylo plays Darth Vader and goes light to be the hero. They've set him up as a weak bad guy anyway with so many conflicted emotions. The trailer definitely suggests he kills Leia. So I can see the end of VIII having Leia dead, Rey turned to the Dark Side. Luke in a "screw all of you" mode. And Kylo basically being treated like a stepchild by Snoke. It would be like, look snoke, I killed my parents, turned Rey to the Dark side, and have Luke on the run. I'm great!. And snoke basically brushing him off to train Rey. This leaves Kylo hurt and even more conflicted. That sets IX up with Rey and Snoke causing havoc, and Kylo seeking out Luke and eventually saving the day.

I guess Finn holding the lightsaber in the TFA trailer AND Poster, was a pretty misdirection too, but it was never centered around actual dialog. The scene with Leia/Kylo was a bit much. As was the scene with Rey and Kylo at the end of the trailer.

How is it possible that Carrie Fisher features so much in this trailer? Had she really filmed her part that long ago? Or is some of that CGI?

Yeah, the film was already in the can. I believe she had just gotten back from reshoots when she died.

Not that it ever really left but it's felt like a life time since that last trailer but it now feels like it's directly in your face, tickets are on sale and only 2 months to go.

I'm still keeping my expectations low, even though I loved TFA. It's very easy to screw up a movie. Especially one with so many expectations.

Still think this has a chance to be the best SW movie ever as it has the best director to ever direct one, but Jedi/Sith nonsense is a lot less interesting than the first teaser's "Time for the Jedi to end" tease

Reactions: jtsalien
Embrace for TLJ spoilers boys.

Dodge, Dive, Dip, Duck, and Dodge

As this should be posted on the forums in a sense.. ;)

tumblr_nzg6p6MNfF1ulsdw5o1_500.gif

Reactions: ush.hacker