Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

State of USH - What's Next?

We will get both, but no, this would not be a very comfortable fit.
Where would you guess it goes?

My guess is it could fit in part of animal actors if you take away the restaurant on French street.

Also the area for the show via google maps

1678204423327.png vs Hollywood 1678204543015.png

Imma say this, T23D for Hollywood was much smaller than Orlando.

It's not the size that counts, it's what you do with it. If they can figure out a Bourne Stuntactular that has everything from the core show in, but in the smaller foothold like what T23D had to make on, then it can absolutely be done. French Street/Parisian makes a lot of sense IMO.

Imma say this, T23D for Hollywood was much smaller than Orlando.

It's not the size that counts, it's what you do with it. If they can figure out a Bourne Stuntactular that has everything from the core show in, but in the smaller foothold like what T23D had to make on, then it can absolutely be done. French Street/Parisian makes a lot of sense IMO.
Looks at the maps, I agree

I think we could fit the show building in and have a loading area/Q for F&F (if the building is two story)

I know the first summer its open it will be packed a few days but bet mostly it wont have insane lines with the current offerings at the park most days and if they can do a SLOP type strategy where once the Q fills up its on Virtual Q then think it could work and hope they make it work because its a good trade for two live shows

USH is now hiring for two construction project managers who will "oversee construction projects in accordance with approved budgets, schedules, and project plans & specifications. The role includes coordination with internal departments, supervision of the department trade foreman, administrative staff, contracts, finance, scheduling, contractors and sub-contractors." Hopefully we see some movement soon!

USH is now hiring for two construction project managers who will "oversee construction projects in accordance with approved budgets, schedules, and project plans & specifications. The role includes coordination with internal departments, supervision of the department trade foreman, administrative staff, contracts, finance, scheduling, contractors and sub-contractors." Hopefully we see some movement soon!
Maybe this is the reason F&F got delayed: They had to look for some construction managers lol

SNW was the new addition for 2023. 2024 it will be F&F and for 2026 it will be DK. Which begs the question, what will be the 2025 addition? One theory @Magic-Man proposed on the Future of Interactive rides at Universal forums was Villain Con could very well get cloned to USH. Obviously there would need to be some thematic changes as this version would take place in LA and not Orlando. But Villain Con is not that big of an attraction and I don't think it would take long to construct either. Plus the area Minion Mayhem and Pets are was rebranded to Minions Land. Could this be a sign Villain Con could be destined for USH as the 2025 addition to the park?

SNW was the new addition for 2023. 2024 it will be F&F and for 2026 it will be DK. Which begs the question, what will be the 2025 addition? One theory @Magic-Man proposed on the Future of Interactive rides at Universal forums was Villain Con could very well get cloned to USH. Obviously there would need to be some thematic changes as this version would take place in LA and not Orlando. But Villain Con is not that big of an attraction and I don't think it would take long to construct either. Plus the area Minion Mayhem and Pets are was rebranded to Minions Land. Could this be a sign Villain Con could be destined for USH as the 2025 addition to the park?
Illumination attraction to take over the HHN space next door to Pets certainly would make that a mighty nice Illumination area altogether.

Illumination attraction to take over the HHN space next door to Pets certainly would make that a mighty nice Illumination area altogether.
If Villain Con was ported over to USH I think it would take out the French Bistro and maybe expand a little bit over the parking structure. I say that as SLOP is located over on Pets Place. It would make no sense it have Villain Con to the left of it. French Street is closer to Minion Mayhem and could be more easily absorbed into Minion Way with Villain Con.

If they were to build a ride that would replace the French Bistro and expand a little over the parking structure, I would rather they just build a C-ticket level Fantasyland dark ride like Peter Pan or Sesame Street from USS. It's possible this Villain-Con ride could be good, but I just don't think it would be very interesting. Use the space for an actual ride and not a moving walkway with guns.

I recently did the VIP tour at USH, and that French Bistro is a huge part of it. During the day, it's filled with guests who spent $100+ to eat lunch. I can't imagine they'd give up that cash cow, unless they found another location for it... but I can't think of any other location that would work

I recently did the VIP tour at USH, and that French Bistro is a huge part of it. During the day, it's filled with guests who spent $100+ to eat lunch. I can't imagine they'd give up that cash cow, unless they found another location for it... but I can't think of any other location that would work

instant thought but, what about the second floor of Jurassic Cafe?

That could work. But for a while and I still somewhat think Villain Con will be exclusive to USF. I mean one of the reasons they drew up this ride for seemingly USF only as of now at least was Villain Con in the first Minions film took place in Orlando. But I still like to think USH will get an interactive attraction down the line (2028 maybe as a Simpsons Ride replacement?) that is 100% exclusive to the park.

While the geographic space is there, it definitely would be a downgrade. 1) It's actually pretty nice in the French Bistro, befitting a VIP tour, 2) it's covered/indoors (even outdoor patio area is still covered), and 3) many walk around characters visit... in just our single hour there, we had Lucy, Dracula, and Doc stop by and interact with guests. The character actors don't get to the lower lot.

I mean I feel like VIP people will still go if the new venue is the Jurassic cafe second story

They could also enclose that area more.

But hope we get this people eater ride over the restaurant/vip area