Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 316 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What did those look like again? I never knew about that at all.

And sorta speaking of Mario Kart again, after some tweaking from a couple of different recordings I took in the queue I bring another unofficial recording of the land's music, which would be the Yoshi's New Island Underground rendition heard in the cave part of the queue. While it obviously ain't perfect (since despite me heading to the most out of the way part of the queue that I could get to, a bit of the neighboring room can be faintly heard), I did what I could. I also tried to spruce it up a bit with an EQ, which I think came out fine as well. Even on a dead day, there were still the occasional people passing through, so I def got lucky while recording this.

Either way, next best thing right now until we get that official OST release someday. I wonder if they've been getting a lot of requests about that.
I recorded it because I was so giddy about it.

Also, nice job with the recording. I was trying to find a way to record the entrance music but there was just too many people passing by to make it worthwhile (even on a super dead day).

I recorded it because I was so giddy about it.

Also, nice job with the recording. I was trying to find a way to record the entrance music but there was just too many people passing by to make it worthwhile (even on a super dead day).

Glad you mentioned that, cause I did manage to get the entrance music some time ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Pacific
Finally FINALLY got to eat at Toadstool Cafe for the first time since last Spring. I like the food (I mean it’s obviously not amazing but it’s pretty good theme park food), but that’s going to be my last time eating there for a while. I went with a massive group and they were able to snag a reservation at 7 in the morning for the 1:30 time a lot. We got in line a little before that and by the time we finally got our food delivered to our table it was 3:00PM!!! To make it worse I forgot to order the tiramisu. I think if I really want to eat in the park I’ll probably do Three Broomsticks. Like there has to be a better way to go about this. Making a reservation to wait in line for over an hour before your food is just…not practical. At all.

Finally FINALLY got to eat at Toadstool Cafe for the first time since last Spring. I like the food (I mean it’s obviously not amazing but it’s pretty good theme park food), but that’s going to be my last time eating there for a while. I went with a massive group and they were able to snag a reservation at 7 in the morning for the 1:30 time a lot. We got in line a little before that and by the time we finally got our food delivered to our table it was 3:00PM!!! To make it worse I forgot to order the tiramisu. I think if I really want to eat in the park I’ll probably do Three Broomsticks. Like there has to be a better way to go about this. Making a reservation to wait in line for over an hour before your food is just…not practical. At all.

Three Broomsticks was one of my favourite quick services in Orlando, so this is good to note. I don’t think I will attempt Toad’s on our trip, it seems like too much effort for little payoff.

Three Broomsticks was one of my favourite quick services in Orlando, so this is good to note. I don’t think I will attempt Toad’s on our trip, it seems like too much effort for little payoff.
While it’s nice to be able to eat there in isolation, yeah it’s not worth the hassle. You’re FAR better off just to eat at Three Broomsticks. I think the food is better there and the Butterbeer pudding is a killer desert!

While I have yet to eat there, I’ve heard Minion Cafe (More specifically their pulled pork sandwich) is not bad! One of these days I’ll try it.

So, been wanting to ask in considering to the matter of the potential refurb--if that is happening; will the land close on February 1st, and be closed until the anniversary date of the land?

Doesn't seem like a lot of time, even if it is roughly 2.5 weeks.

So, been wanting to ask in considering to the matter of the potential refurb--if that is happening; will the land close on February 1st, and be closed until the anniversary date of the land?

Doesn't seem like a lot of time, even if it is roughly 2.5 weeks.
If a refurb was happening, it would have been announced by now. It's not happening.

How busy was the park that day? I don't remember the wait for the food being that bad the last couple of times I went, granted it was either on my own or with one other person on less busy days, but jesus, that wait sounded awful and I'm so sorry it gave you a bad first impression. :(

If nothing else I'd probably find a way to let them about know about this if you didn't already, cause at the very least they shouldn't let that happen again with other guests.

Reactions: Jake S
Yeah, if the land or ride was going down they would not be seeing EE passes but they are until at least September

So I don't see it going down, Jurassic, Mummy and so on need to go down as well and I don't know if we see more then one ride close after WW reopens soon

How busy was the park that day? I don't remember the wait for the food being that bad the last couple of times I went, granted it was either on my own or with one other person on less busy days, but jesus, that wait sounded awful and I'm so sorry it gave you a bad first impression. :(

If nothing else I'd probably find a way to let them about know about this if you didn't already, cause at the very least they shouldn't let that happen again with other guests.
This was actually not my first time. I got to eat there a few times during the soft opening/previews period and I think one time afterwards. Food is good, but it was too much trouble to eat there since then and clearly it hasn’t improved since.

The biggest burn is that while it was a Saturday where they were open until 10:00, the crowds were not even that bad at all thanks to the rain! Everything else was a 30 min wait or less around the park. Yet when my group gets down there at 9:30, reservations are all gone! It baffles me how despite it being a lighter day and having a reservation system…it’s still a lot of trouble to eat there.

Damnnnn, I'm really sorry to hear that. What I've done everytime is order outside the park before I arrive at opening and snag the 9:30AM slot.

Then I'll eat lunch somewhere in CityWalk for much cheaper.

Meanwhile I always just get lunch in Toadstool with a 1:45PM slot. What I get usually holds me until it's time to go home.

As for Freak's experience, I have to wonder if the Saturday spike was a factor, cause as unfortunate as it is, it's also strange to me; the last couple of times I went on lighter days, I'm pretty sure reservations were still up for much longer than usual, especially since 1:45 is the latest time slot when they first roll them out (which I can definitely confirm is now during early access (1 hour before opening) from my last visits), though I haven't paid attention to when they roll out the later ones since I've already eaten by then.

Despite everything I still don't think it's ROTR level hassle to get in, it just seems to be...inconsistent. Here's hoping they work out whatever kinks remain by the time they make new major menu additions (like the Peach cake).

Do you guys think Orlando's Toadstool Cafe will run into the same problems?
Nah, because it has the benefit of being in a completely new park with tons of other specialty dining locations. Hollywood has Three Broomsticks and Toadstool and that's pretty much it for inside the park. Epic Universe will have Toadstool Cafe, the Meade Hall from How to Train Your Dragon, a Monsters restaurant, two Potter restaurants, plus the hub.
FWIW I heard every single team member hates working at Toadstool Cafe in Hollywood. The tension will have to release at some point.
Huh, is it because the meals are hard to make or something?

I've heard the kitchen layout is a disaster and theyre constantly short staffed/ always out of inventory on some item for the day and that it is so hectic with no regard to how TMs are treated by guests it becomes unbearable.
Yeah, last time I went, I could feel the misery and I felt kind of bad (especially as someone who already works in a similar industry). Like you said, the bubble is going to burst eventually as this doesn't seem sustainable.

I want them to resolve the tension in that kitchen before we get any new items.

Yeah, last time I went, I could feel the misery and I felt kind of bad (especially as someone who already works in a similar industry). Like you said, the bubble is going to burst eventually as this doesn't seem sustainable.

I want them to resolve the tension in that kitchen before we get any new items.
I guess what I said about sorting out kinks before new items can apply to this as well.

Makes me wonder how this could be resolved or what could go wrong if this bubble does burst (which I hope it doesn't, granted I'm speaking from a lack of work experience). Obviously they ought to hire more people for it, but aside from how it's probably not as simple as it sounds I'm really wondering what else can be done.