Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I looked into how the soda is priced in Japan... around 5-6 USD (pre-Yen going down a bit) lol

It apparently comes with cream (it looks ice cream-esque, but it's not), tapioca balls, a cherry, and some little fruit things in Japan.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
God I hope we get these in Orlando next year in time for the movie.

Despite being this forum’s Mario soda price hater, I just had to try it once. I got the luigi green apple soda and here’s my thoughts:

- The soda itself was actually really good, reminded me a little of Guarana.
- The cream is actually a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream out here so it’s really more of a float than a cream soda. The ice cream itself was very okay. It also doesn’t melt fast at all and isn’t soft so i definitely recommend a spoon.
- It also comes with little pieces of green apple bits, a cherry, and the typical fruit popping boba balls that were green apple flavored.
- Not enough soda honestly, too much all the other stuff (including ice)
- Overall, too much going on. You either eat the ice cream with a spoon with some scoops of the soda or it’s a soda with boba. The ice cream really doesn’t affect the flavor, maybe it would if it took a lot more time than you’d want for it to melt. I don’t think it’s really worth the price, I kept the little stache it came with for sure.
- I wish you could just get the base soda without the whole ice cream and boba thing for the price of a usual drink.
- Upsettingly no AP discount! Worried this might translate to Toad Cafe food.

Last edited:
Hey guys, not very familiar with the Hollywood park so I was wondering how you’d think previews are gonna work? Will they only be for APs? If I plan a trip for late February I’d there a chance to catch softs? Thanks

Hey guys, not very familiar with the Hollywood park so I was wondering how you’d think previews are gonna work? Will they only be for APs? If I plan a trip for late February I’d there a chance to catch softs? Thanks
It’s anyone’s guess at this point.

This is strictly my gut telling me this but you might have a chance of softs around late February. Maybe.

Reactions: tacalert
It’s anyone’s guess at this point.

This is strictly my gut telling me this but you might have a chance of softs around late February. Maybe.
I agree. Was looking back at a few posts where people thought softs in December which was never going to happen.

I'm pretty sure this popcorn and soda stand is where those December soft opening rumors originated.

I hope the parties involved learn from the success of these early merch releases. There's more to Nintendo than just Mario Bros, even if another ride won't debut for a while

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I agree. Was looking back at a few posts where people thought softs in December which was never going to happen.

Except... it was, until it wasn't. And the folks (myself included) who had alluded to the December goal were forthright when the delays happened.

It's all hands on deck internally right now, so they will open this thing as soon as it is physically ready. Late January for softs feels possible, but in no way guaranteed. I'd feel more confident in mid February.

Except... it was, until it wasn't. And the folks (myself included) who had alluded to the December goal were forthright when the delays happened.
Exactly, they were definitely hoping to/planning on soft opening before 2023 for a while there. And now, even with the delays the land is still gonna be ready pretty early 2023 so it's not that hard to believe. I don't think it was every gonna be Q3 2023 as some have said, for instance

It's all hands on deck internally right now, so they will open this thing as soon as it is physically ready. Late January for softs feels possible, but in no way guaranteed. I'd feel more confident in mid February.
Yeah they're going really heavy on getting staff ready right now. February seems like a safer bet but if softs start January post-MLK weekend I wouldn't be surprised

If they go the route of Potter and Transformers opening, then you can expect a long preview period open to everyone. Potter was open a good 2 months before the official opening and a month and a half before the official AP preview event. Transformers was pretty much the same. About 3 weeks of previews, open to everyone. A weekend of AP previews, then the grand opening.

If the rumored March 10th opening date is real, then you should expect previews to start mid-Jan with AP previews mid-Feb.