Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know what will be the capacity for the SNW land in Hollywood? Will it be able to hold at least 5k people at any given time?

It sounds like they learned their mistakes from Potter. Remember when they jacked up the prices of their passes and removed benefits? Glad they’ve learned that just showing up and enjoying the land is the way to go! Well done USH for having a “consumer first” mentality here!

Spoke too soon. Platinum has a small bump up from $549 to now $569, but all other passes still remain the same price.

Anyone remember the before and after pass prices for Potter opening?

Wow, just letting your paying customers enjoy the land instead of then having to play some squirrel lottery or go through virtual hoops to experience it!? Wow! What an incredible concept!

Someone who pays for a single-day ticket to USH and spends the entire day waiting for Mario Kart isn't going home happy either. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm fine with a virtual queue system if it allows me the freedom to go enjoy other things in the park instead of spending all day in line for one thing.

The original Galaxy's Edge timed entry system at Disneyland allowed me to experience everything the land had at the time and ride Falcon twice with a manageable wait. Of course the marketing and hassle drove off other guests, but on an individual level it worked for me. Not psyched for a free-for-all.

Someone who pays for a single-day ticket to USH and spends the entire day waiting for Mario Kart isn't going home happy either. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm fine with a virtual queue system if it allows me the freedom to go enjoy other things in the park instead of spending all day in line for one thing.

The original Galaxy's Edge timed entry system at Disneyland allowed me to experience everything the land had at the time and ride Falcon twice with a manageable wait. Of course the marketing and hassle drove off other guests, but on an individual level it worked for me. Not psyched for a free-for-all.
If the land has room you walk right in. If it doesn’t you get a timed reservation for later. Seems kind of like the best of both worlds to me?

I waited three times for RotR to be available to me via virtual queue before I got to ride it lmao. This is excellent to hear

Spoke too soon. Platinum has a small bump up from $549 to now $569, but all other passes still remain the same price.

If that’s the only price bump in their pass or ticketing system, that’s incredible. I still don’t see the value of the platinum IMO considering that I’m primarily after the free parking, but I digress.

What I was referring to was the significant price jump in passes. Unfortunately I don’t have time to do extensive research on how much passes were back then but I remember how much prices jumped and there was no option to buy a pass with parking.

Reactions: Stryker

A Premium Star Annual Pass was $199 pre Potter. Then USH eliminated their AP system 9 months before Potter opened.

When the closest equivalent of the Premium Star Annual Pass was introduced just after Potter opening, The Platinum Annual Pass, it was $599. A $400 price increase over the Premium Star Pass.

The highest the Platinum Annual Pass has risen to is during the Holidays 2016, it was $639 at the gate.

I mean, I suspect it will be swamped for a while, and basically after the rope drop rush, the land will be on the reservation / virtual queue for the entire day. I could see it being that way for the first month or two. But of course pending demand; it's great that they can turn it off if the land empties.

It's a small land, and once inside... you'll want to stay and do all the games, the ride, the food, etc.

Last edited:
I mean, I suspect it will be swamped for a while, and basically after the rope drop rush, the land will be on the reservation / virtual queue for the entire day. I could see it being that way for the first month or two. But of course pending demand; it's great that they can turn it off if the land empties.

It's a small land, and once inside... you'll want to stay and do all the games, the ride, the food, etc.
I will point out the games are not free. Think they will cost 40-50 bucks for the Band.

Same here. The “controversies” surrounding all the Star Wars reservation stuff at Disney were severely overblown. Definitely disappointed that there’s no opportunity to sorta experience this new land in a less obstructed way, but I also get it. It should have opened years ago, USH just wants it out the door so they can move on to what’s next.

I'm only seeing people happy about not having to get times before your visit

I know some enjoy the current systems at Disneyland and WDW but I'm not one of them....I dont want to have to plan things out months in advance. I want to just go to the theme park when I like and not have to worry about reservations

I'm probably gonna wait until my next visit/once AP previews come, but just the news alone has me thinking now's never been a better time to make use of this:
giphy.gif

I waited three times for RotR to be available to me via virtual queue before I got to ride it lmao. This is excellent to hear
I was talking about Galaxy's Edge before Rise was available, when the only ride was Falcon. It was nice to know that I was going to get a full experience in the land with manageable waits when I'm flying all the way from Chicago for it. The Rise system was totally worse being a day-of lottery.

If the land has room you walk right in. If it doesn’t you get a timed reservation for later. Seems kind of like the best of both worlds to me?

I see what you're saying. But I see it more as having two potential options: 1) Walking into a very close-to-capacity land with little room to have a good experience (or a 3+ hour wait for Mario Kart) or 2) Having a timed reservation to do what I described in #1.

I know I'm in the minority and other people want that flexibility and don't want to potentially get shut of the land on any given day, I get. I would prefer something where I have a set time I know I'll be able to get into the land and go about my day until then, and (hopefully) feel like I don't have to spend all day in there thanks to crowds.