Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it opened in Hollywood and USJ by the time EU opens. lol
See if anything, I think future expansions past SNW in Japan and Hollywood are gonna be put off just as long as EU in relative. SNW I could see not opening in Japan until 2021, not matter how ready it is right now. Sets Hollywood back a year possibly as well. Then, as of now, we're only 2 years off from EU. Universal may want DK to open at EU to have a brand new Nintendo draw.

Technically, they can do whatever they want with the expansion space, but it's likely to be DK because a. it's already designed and b. Pokemon would warrant a larger space.

See if anything, I think future expansions past SNW in Japan and Hollywood are gonna be put off just as long as EU in relative. SNW I could see not opening in Japan until 2021, not matter how ready it is right now. Sets Hollywood back a year possibly as well. Then, as of now, we're only 2 years off from EU. Universal may want DK to open at EU to have a brand new Nintendo draw.
SNW is going to open this year in japan. They've already said so.

Yeah, SNW is still opening in Osaka this year--and they've been working on it; just like how they have been working on SNW in Universal Hollywood.

I'd expect SNW to now hit Osaka if they don't go into another lockdown, by July/August; especially when you look at the progress.

Has USJ announced an opening date?

I think like the rest of us, none of us know exactly what the future holds, and Universal is no exception to that. I just wouldn’t be shocked to see this open next year if re-openings don’t go well, and it wouldn’t shocked me if it stayed in 2020 either. If it’s delayed further that’s why I really see DK possibly premiering in Orlando

I think like the rest of us, none of us know exactly what the future holds, and Universal is no exception to that. I just wouldn’t be shocked to see this open next year if re-openings don’t go well, and it wouldn’t shocked me if it stayed in 2020 either. If it’s delayed further that’s why I really see DK possibly premiering in Orlando
None of us are gonna be there anyway, lol.

EDIT: I can see no later than September for an opening.

EDIT 2: I'm honestly more interested to see how Tokyo Disney handles things, and when they decide to open Baymax and B&B, which are already complete.

None of us are gonna be there anyway, lol.

EDIT: I can see no later than September for an opening.
I mean true, but it’s still worth discussing. If it opens in September, as in USJ, we’ll see if this opens with it. I can’t imagine they’d open this major, gogantic and expensive new land with less than 50% capacity. They may be forced to, however.

Look I want it to open y’all just tryna be real with the situation

When Universal announced the closures, they mentioned that work would continue for SNW in Osaka and Hollywood (With it being the first mention of SNW directly in Hollywood for the name).

I don't think this image was as well circulated.

Super-Nintendo-World-vertical-1469x1536.jpg

Based on the EU permits, the DK expansion construction is very clearly underway (the area of construction aligns well with the show building and coaster maintenance bay). Which I guess reaffirms that it will open in USJ first.

P904Permit-labels.jpg

With how quickly they managed to go from site prep to the finished product for the first part of the land, I'd hazard 2022 may be the goal for DK.

This also brings to light how overtly Nintendoland is designed for USJ first and foremost. Using all available space there.

View attachment 12314

Based on the EU permits, the DK expansion construction is very clearly underway (the area of construction aligns well with the show building and coaster maintenance bay). Which I guess reaffirms that it will open in USJ first.

View attachment 12315

With how quickly they managed to go from site prep to the finished product for the first part of the land, I'd hazard 2022 may be the goal for DK.

This also brings to light how overtly Nintendoland is designed for USJ first and foremost. Using all available space there.

What's up with that unconnected pathway to the right of the entrance? They couldn't connect it anywhere?

View attachment 12314

View attachment 12315

Glad to see USJ keeping the tradition alive of starting construction well before an announcement.

Hopefully Orlando gets some unique Nintendo stuff though.

God I just really want to see how they handle the animatronics. As a current software engineer who wants to work at these parks it will be interesting to see how articulated and cartoony they are.

What's up with that unconnected pathway to the right of the entrance? They couldn't connect it anywhere?

I really expected they were going to have a Hogsmeade to Nintendoland path. Otherwise both lands are dead ends on either side of Jaws.

Technically that is where it would go and it looks like there would be intentions to utilize a bridge to get over the backstage access road.

The star entrance plaza is actually quite a bit above ground level. It doesn't appear that way at first glance in the still image.

When Universal announced the closures, they mentioned that work would continue for SNW in Osaka and Hollywood (With it being the first mention of SNW directly in Hollywood for the name).
I know constructions was ongoing but I’m more wondering is it worth it to open and operate a new land at more capacity or just wait a few extra months

Well that's the best look yet at DK construction - which is now clearly underway in Japan.
Looks like they are targetting 2022 to me.

That exit path to 'nowhere' might end up just being for emergencies, I think there are stairs there which you can't see in this pic. Potter manages fine with one entrance and exit path so I have no reason to believe SNW will end up being any different (although neither will help with social distancing measures)

Y'all, I don't think that's DK construction. It doesn't match the building seen in the Orlando permits at all.

I disagree, what they are building at the back of the expansion plot lines up pretty well with where the main show buildings are for DK. Time will tell I guess!