Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I watched the new POV and it looks so dam good....funny enough on reddit a few people are really disappointed but I think it turned out as good if not better than I thought it would be. The first video scared me into thinking it was Transformers but nope...its mostly physical and the Q is packed full of items from the games as well.

Honestly while yes it would have been cool to have a "fast" part of the ride think it turned out pretty well and sure it will have 3-4 hour waits in Hollywood when it opens

Reactions: shiekra38
Honestly, my interest for the land itself has completely waned. But, it sure is great to hear that it's finally open.

Also, I'm very surprised by this easter egg. Sarasaland (Daisy's homeland) is such an obscure part of Mario history and hasn't been seen since 1989.
20210318_062315.jpg

Last edited:
Universal Studios Japan hosted the grand opening of Super Nintendo World, bringing one of the most iconic franchises to life in a theme park.

Reactions: Tristan
So it's random whether you'll even be able to see the land, like TDR is doing with BatB?

That really, really sucks. Kinda hard to justify a trip down to Osaka just for that.

You can also purchase Universal Express Premium guaranteeing you admission into SNW and WWoHP plus express for all attractions. Costs nearly 2x the price of an admission ticket.

You can also purchase Universal Express Premium guaranteeing you admission into SNW and WWoHP plus express for all attractions. Costs nearly 2x the price of an admission ticket.
As kid this would suck....as an adult who can save for that I'm down for that if it takes the stress away.

Honestly rather Theme parks just double there prices but let less people in...but since that wont happen I have no issues people buying FP. Also if you think that sucks...welcome to the real world where you can literally pay people off and get away with anytime

Last edited:
A kid this would suck....as an adult who can save for that I'm down for that if it takes the stress away.

Honestly rather Theme parks just double there prices but let less people in...but since that wont happen I have no issues people buying FP. Also if you think that sucks...welcome to the real world where you can literally pay people off and get away with anytime

I agree, but also don’t think they should be just for the well off. I’m 100% buying the Express Premium if I’m traveling from the US to Japan and have no issue factoring it into my budget.

Reactions: Michael S
There’s a ton of little Galaxy references I missed. There’s a mini game that features the Flipswitch panels. A bunch of the more niche tracks (like Dino Piranha, Bowser Jr.‘s Fort, Chompworks Galaxy, the Fire Flower theme) play in the mini game quest, and I love all of those tracks (so much that they’ve been on my phone for awhile).

High quality recordings of the lands soundtrack can’t come soon enough.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Interesting. Might be especially useful since last time I was at USJ (November) all single rider lines were suspended due to COVID.

Also, for anyone that's interested, TDR Explorer posted a guide to SNW today which contains an explainer on the timed entry system: Super Nintendo World 2021 Guide & Tips • TDR Explorer

Ok another, MK POV was put up about 8 hours ago on YouTube

The reason I'm mentioning it, is because it is from the other side of the track

Much like MIB, depending on the side you sit...the ride feels very different

Anyway, enjoy
Ohhhhh me like it from this side better I think.

Also while similiar to the first POV, better look at the AR here in my opinion.

Ok another, MK POV was put up about 8 hours ago on YouTube

The reason I'm mentioning it, is because it is from the other side of the track

Not only that but also has the Bowser ending too!

I agree, the AR is really mindblowing

Also, the videos I saw from USJ on @Alicia's (if you're not subscribed you're missing out) latest vid really are telling about what this ride is trying to accomplish

Classic family fun wrapped in high tech implementation...a video game in real life, but one for everyone.

Hi guys haven't posted in decades but I'm a regular reader. Just saw this article in The Verge and thought it was interesting to get a perspective from someone outside the theme park community.

Some interesting quotes:

"There’s just a lot going on with the Mario Kart ride. It doesn’t move very fast, but it feels like it does because the track is often completely simulated. The Rainbow Road section, for example, is incredibly visually intense."

"It’s also designed to get better in the future, rather than some theme park attractions that soon find themselves technically obsolete. That’s why the headset has a modular design, for example. “It has to be modular because augmented reality isn’t going to last as long as most of our 15-20 year ride vehicle experiences,” Universal Creative director of technology Tom Geraghty said during a media roundtable this week."

"Nintendo’s biggest achievement with Super Nintendo World is the way it gamifies the theme park experience. I love parks like Tokyo DisneySea, for example, but there’s not as much to do once you’ve been on all the rides. With Super Nintendo World, though, I already feel the need to go back. I’m hoping it won’t be too long before my Yoshi band gets another workout."

Hi guys haven't posted in decades but I'm a regular reader. Just saw this article in The Verge and thought it was interesting to get a perspective from someone outside the theme park community.

Some interesting quotes:

"There’s just a lot going on with the Mario Kart ride. It doesn’t move very fast, but it feels like it does because the track is often completely simulated. The Rainbow Road section, for example, is incredibly visually intense."

"It’s also designed to get better in the future, rather than some theme park attractions that soon find themselves technically obsolete. That’s why the headset has a modular design, for example. “It has to be modular because augmented reality isn’t going to last as long as most of our 15-20 year ride vehicle experiences,” Universal Creative director of technology Tom Geraghty said during a media roundtable this week."

"Nintendo’s biggest achievement with Super Nintendo World is the way it gamifies the theme park experience. I love parks like Tokyo DisneySea, for example, but there’s not as much to do once you’ve been on all the rides. With Super Nintendo World, though, I already feel the need to go back. I’m hoping it won’t be too long before my Yoshi band gets another workout."
Welcome back, thanks for sharing that...love it!

I just had to reply here. If you get bored walking around Tokyo DisneySea without doing attractions, I don’t know if I can take your theme park opinions seriously. Yes the park does need more attractions and they are being built right now, but I don’t see how anyone couldn’t spend at least one full day there walking around and enjoying the atmosphere. Blows my mind.

But I’m glad that it looks like SNW has done a great job of being a place that’s enjoyable just to be in.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I just had to reply here. If you get bored walking around Tokyo DisneySea without doing attractions, I don’t know if I can take your theme park opinions seriously. Yes the park does need more attractions and they are being built right now, but I don’t see how anyone couldn’t spend at least one full day there walking around and enjoying the atmosphere. Blows my mind.

But I’m glad that it looks like SNW has done a great job of being a place that’s enjoyable just to be in.
The guy said there's not "as much" to do after the attractions at TDS, He never said its boring, He actually said he loves it! With SNW it literally was built to make you feel just like you do when get addicted to a video game (wanting to play more), Whereas most other Themeparks are more static Until a new attraction opens. Your day in SNW can change everytime depending on how much you want to play! My take anyway.

The guy said there's not "as much" to do after the attractions at TDS, He never said its boring, He actually said he loves it! With SNW it literally was built to make you feel just like you do when get addicted to a video game (wanting to play more), Whereas most other Themeparks are more static Until a new attraction opens. Your day in SNW can change everytime depending on how much you want to play! My take anyway.

My only concern is that once you’ve done all the games in SNW, there’s not really much repeat value (IMO).

I of course could be missing something, but I am hoping they can change the activities up, although a lot of its relatively permanently built in.

Will be interesting to see how it works over the years. I can see the first few visits being overwhelming, and then you end up just running in to ride Mario Kart and get the heck out.