Terminator 2:3D | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Terminator 2:3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I always felt that ours was a great mix of both qualities. She was realistic and had fantastic acting, while also hamming it up and playing off the audience. No judging against Orlando, but I take it that our cast was always better because our cast was always rotating working Hollywood actors :)

Hahaha! Those are hysterical! I love the actors in all of Universal's parks. They're always the best and in person are so hilarious and wacky and outgoing! I really miss T2 :/ Interacting with Kimberly was always one of the highlights of my visit.
Thanks. You can find the rest of the pictures on this page: http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/info/t23dusf_castmeeting.html

Or view the video at www.terminatorattractions.com (episode 1).

From what I have seen on the internet videos, the version of Kimberley in USH is more realistic. The one in USF is more a type casted character, over the top.

The one in USJ is the one that is hard to figure out because I don't understand Japanese. I think her name is Reika Ayanoouji. She also looks very over the top http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/universal-studios-japan/terminator-briefing-room-starring-a-brilliantly-agitated-actress-big.jpg

bg_attraction1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a shock how poor the sound was in the main theater for Florida's version.  It was not emersive and you could talk to the person sitting next to you.  Some effects would have a noticeable change in pitch and level as the actors went through the auditorium.  It almost made the show unwatchable for me as I would cringe every time a shotgun blast went off.  I didn't want to destroy my final memories of our awesome Hollywood version.

I had a short messaging with David C. Cobb who worked on T23D. According to him, Florida didn't have the queue video. He wrote it for Hollywood  and they installed it at Florida when it was made for Hollywood. Does someone know more about this or can anyone confirm this by any chance?

I would support that theory, considering the queue footage that shows the guests being scanned and searched through was OUR queue.
Florida includes its own queue footage with live cameras. You wouldn't know it was originally designed for Hollywood.

I agree with Jon. Florida has its own footage of the queue area. My first T23D was in Orlando and I never knew the queue videos was created for Hollywood first. I only saw that queue video because of Jon and Chris taping it and putting it on the site.

I have a question about the queue video.

Who are the people that appear in it?

Dr. Peter Silberman - played by Earl Boen

Grayson Hunter - played by captain Dale Dye (if I'm not mistaken)

Robin Sandler - played by ?

Sleek presentator (what's the name of this role?) - played by ?

Can someone tell me their real life names and who they play in the video (as I can't figure it out the role name of the sleek presentator)?

The sleek presenter is Mark Kriski (He is a local weatherman in LA)

Jim Cummings is the narrator (He's the voice of quite a few Disney characters).

I'm not sure who plays the Robin Sandler character.

Thanks jmilss. Do you by any chance know the name of the character he plays in the video?

Here's a picture of Robin Sandler (and Mark Kriski):

terminator23dqueue1.jpg

I seem to remember (if my memory serves) that the queue video with Mark Kriski was already in place in Orlando before the Hollywood version.  I remember seeing him and recognizing him before the Hollywood version was built.  I think the queue video already existed in Orlando and then certain scenes were recreated to fit the stock footage in with Hollywood queue.

I think Chris is referring to the actual video, while everyone else is referring to the added bits with the security cameras. We posted the video of the queue on YouTube, so maybe David can pinpoint the specific sections he's referring to.