1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own

Discussion in 'Columns' started by Joe, May 7, 2016.

1. scott_walker

scott_walker Premium Member

It says a lot if the best thing about a new queue is that it has air conditioning. It’s probably the worst queue in a post happening world.

Nick likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, while fun, Hulk doesn’t really standout like it should. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a must do, but, if you put aside the addition of air conditioning - something that should’ve been in place from the jump - the queue theming is inferior to the prior incarnation.

3. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

I’m not sure I’d say it’s inferior, but it’s not what it should have been. Allegedly there’s a reason for that (the project was apparently troubled), but who knows the real story

4. scott_walker

scott_walker Premium Member

That doesn’t bode well for any future development in MSHI. Hulk at least had some form of entertainment with a story on the screens. Not it’s a science laboratory with nothing to look at and no phones to keep you entertained if you’re going solo.

5. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Nah. I don’t want to go into it because I only know surface details that may be BS. But it sounded like a team that didn’t gel rather than any systemic issue

6. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

This leads to one of the biggest points why it makes no sense to sell it back to Disney. Even if Dis offered them a Billion Dollars, when would they even have time to replace MSHI? Between the new park, Nintendo, Potter, and everything else rumored, it would be 2025 or later before they could even get it on the schedule to replace it. By then, who knows what shape the MCU will be in. By then, the original cast will all be gone. BP will be through a trilogy already. We'll probably be on Avengers 6 or 7 by then. Who knows if it will be worth what it would cost to get the rights back by then. And then, thats paying all that just to be able to put them in WDW.

Mad Dog and JungleSkip like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

A bit random, but I just thought of this and figured i'd post it before I forget - Doctor Strange has been utilized in WDW more than just the short lived M&G that was in November 2016. Ever since the "Disney Movie Magic" projection show started last year at DHS, Strange has appeared nightly in the show. The Guardians take up a portion of the show as well.

Brian G. and SeventyOne like this.
  8. Bobharlem

Bobharlem Rookie