That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Besides, what would they replace MSHI with? Nintendo ain't going there, neither is DreamWorks or LOTR. The only thing that could fit would be DC, but that's already in a bunch of other parks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yea, this is another huge point. As it stands, IOA has 2 lands in DESPERATE need of replacement as-is in Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon. Neither of them are bringing in the bucks. There's no way Uni dumps one of its most profitable lands when two other ones in the same park need redos.

Yea, this is another huge point. As it stands, IOA has 2 lands in DESPERATE need of replacement as-is in Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon. Neither of them are bringing in the bucks. There's no way Uni dumps one of its most profitable lands when two other ones in the same park need redos.

A little off topic, but I actually love Toon Lagoon. IMO, Marvel needs an upgrade more than TL does.

Okay, that's who I thought you meant.

That's not Doctor Strange. That's Angel from the Golden Age. That shard depicts the heroes from Cap's Invaders team from WWII and heroes from the All-Winners Squad from WWII.

Angel (Thomas Halloway) - Wikipedia

Strange ain't on the shards.

Well slap me silly.

There you go. My b.

Guess the shards rule lives!!

Besides, what would they replace MSHI with? Nintendo isn't going there, neither is DreamWorks or LOTR. The only thing that could fit would be DC, but that's already in a bunch of other parks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I mean, UOR has a great working relationship with WB and enough money could get WB to buy out the contract from Six Flags so that Universal can have exclusive rights. If Comcastever wanted DC as a replacement to Marvel, they'll get it.

That said, there's no reason for them to even think about that right now. Disney's the one who wants to talk contract more than anyone.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I mean, UOR has a great working relationship with WB and enough money could get WB to buy out the contract from Six Flags so that Universal can have exclusive rights. If Comcastever wanted DC as a replacement to Marvel, they'll get it.

That said, there's no reason for them to even think about that right now. Disney's the one who wants to talk contract more than anyone.

I don't think WB can buy out the Six Flags contract, sadly. Universal could get the DC rights anyways, but they wouldn't be exclusive. Hopefully this happens in the near future (Uni South).

I prefer a land based on the designs from the comic books. That makes it more timeless.

We’ve already had 3 actors portray Spider-Man in live action films since IOA opened. Imagine how dated the ride would be if it starred Tobey Maguire.

That’s the dilemma Disney will find themselves in when properties are rebooted or the MCU shifts gears in the coming decades. Whereas Marvel Super Hero Island will always be safe. Even if they didn’t update the characters to their more modern comic book looks, they’d be fine, but I like that they have been with things like new Hulk.

I prefer a land based on the designs from the comic books. That makes it more timeless.

We’ve already had 3 actors portray Spider-Man in live action films since IOA opened. Imagine how dated the ride would be if it starred Tobey Maguire.

That’s the dilemma Disney will find themselves in when properties are rebooted or the MCU shifts gears in the coming decades. Whereas Marvel Super Hero Island will always be safe. Even if they didn’t update the characters to their more modern comic book looks, they’d be fine, but I like that they have been with things like new Hulk.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree with what you're saying, but since Disney owns Marvel (unlike Universal), it will be easier for their Marvel rides to take place in the MCU. For example, for GotG, Disney will be able to ask whoever replaces them in the future to film reshoots for the ride or they even would have the option to do animation if there's an extended break between when this group of Guardians finishes and then is rebooted.

Now that I think about it though, do we know if Sony will allow Tom Holland to be in an attraction as Spider-Man?

I'm fine with a comic book aesthetic. I just want one that looks good and is far more immersive than what we have in the land now. The land is such a lower quality than POE, Seuss, LC, WWOHP, and JP

I'm fine with a comic book aesthetic. I just want one that looks good and is far more immersive than what we have in the land now. The land is such a lower quality than POE, Seuss, LC, WWOHP, and JP
I hate when people on here make declarative statements out of their own opinions. It's not lower quality in my book.

You don't see Spider-Man without his mask on the ride so this would be easier to hide. You see him in the queue but this could be easy enough to change with a simple voice over or using other characters. The same rules go for Hulk and Iron Man.

I hate when people on here make declarative statements out of their own opinions. It's not lower quality in my book.

I'm sorry, but you can't look at the detailing and depth of lands like Hogsmeade and JP and then look at MSHI and say "Yea, those are of a comparable quality."

MSHI has two great rides going for it, and that's about it.

I'm sorry, but you can't look at the detailing and depth of lands like Hogsmeade and JP and then look at MSHI and say "Yea, those are of a comparable quality."

I would say that MSHI is one of the most highly detailed lands in the park. Much more detail than just trees in JP. Literally its just trees!!!!

I rank Spider-Man as GOAT but they've ruined Hulk, it's not much more than a standard B&M.

o_O

Uh...okay.

Eh. It's still a good coaster.

It should be better. It's by far the most rough new coaster I've been on, the queue is awful, the story isn't shown until you're just about to board, virtually no theming, on board audio that seldom works and when it does it's barely audible plus the Hulk orgasm at launch.

It's style over substance.

It should be better. It's by far the most rough new coaster I've been on, the queue is awful, the story isn't shown until you're just about to board, virtually no theming, on board audio that seldom works and when it does it's barely audible plus the Hulk orgasm at launch.

It's style over substance.

I mean the old Hulk queue sucked too. At least this one has better air conditioning