The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol ok ok i guess im just pissed that i cant ride the classics
i do like the harry potter deal it was fun just dont think they needed an expansion but im sure it will be cool once its done

When Diagon Alley is complete, there will be no comparable theme park experience in the world. There is no where on this planet that you can fully experience a nearly complete world that you've read about in books and seen on film. Do people not understand and appreciate the scope and enormity and specialness of this?

Universal struck gold and hasn't stopped digging for more. I cannot fault them. I can only applaud and appreciate what they are doing. Universal finally has something over Disney, and it's driving the fanbois crazy. The fear they have of even more Potter coming makes my heart smile.

This, all of this! Brilliant!

^ I understand where your coming from and we all have our own things. I mean would you believe from the way I talk that I LOVE DISNEY... Most think I am some Universal nut, but thats couldn't be further from the truth. I just highly disagree with the way Disney is doing things right now and I voice it. Better out than in!

does anyone else think universal is going overboard and relying TOO much on harry potter?
i mean this would have been great 6 years ago but now the movies are done and how long can this idea stay fresh
now they are stuck with it ..
lets just rename the parks POTTERWORLD

[video=youtube;R5kPUFxXYLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs[/video]

.......and that's all I've got to say about it!

Universal knows there is Profit for years in Potter. If you don't believe it look at a little movie series called Star Wars I saw the first film before a large group on this board where even born and it is still going strong. Universal is playing there card and once Disney starts putting it's on Marvel attractions up Universal has this as there back up.

@attractions posted this pic of the new limited food menu found at the Chez Alcatraz bar. Perhaps all of the new foot traffic for the Jaws photo-op is bringing extra business the the bar next door?

iHuUFuhxEguyS.jpg

---update---

Party Through the Parks also commented on the bar's new offerings, including the specialty drink menu with a drink called the "Bruce".

iT6GxPxpXNyUl.jpg

They also have a picture of the BRUCE beverage itself, which is yellow in the tall glass:

iZ8evJTUBUWEQ.jpg

Last edited:
Universal knows there is Profit for years in Potter. If you don't believe it look at a little movie series called Star Wars I saw the first film before a large group on this board where even born and it is still going strong. Universal is playing there card and once Disney starts putting it's on Marvel attractions up Universal has this as there back up.
What are you saying about Marvel?

Universal holds all the cards...except the star wars card

I'm sure Im in the minority here, but I wasnt that upset about Jaws closing. Much more upset when BTTF and Kong closed. I remember when BTTF opened, it was the greatest ride at the time.

Disney can't put it's own Marvel attractions up.

@attractions posted this pic of the new limited food menu found at the Chez Alcatraz bar. Perhaps all of the new foot traffic for the Jaws photo-op is bringing extra business the the bar next door?

iHuUFuhxEguyS.jpg

---update---

Party Through the Parks also commented on the bar's new offerings, including the specialty drink menu with a drink called the "Bruce".

iT6GxPxpXNyUl.jpg

They also have a picture of the BRUCE beverage itself, which is yellow in the tall glass:

iZ8evJTUBUWEQ.jpg

Nice, sounds like some really interesting drink choices there.

iHuUFuhxEguyS.jpg

---update---

iT6GxPxpXNyUl.jpg

iZ8evJTUBUWEQ.jpg

Bars often bring in small food items to help keep people around and buy more drinks... Maybe the bar wont be closing as often as it did i the past with amity demoed now? I do like how they added that drink though...

iHuUFuhxEguyS.jpg

---update---

iT6GxPxpXNyUl.jpg

iZ8evJTUBUWEQ.jpg

That looks so appealing right now...

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere, thought it was interesting. Images are graphic, and may be disturbing to some Jaws fans, viewer discretion is advised:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4r3opk4niw[/video]

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere, thought it was interesting. Images are graphic, and may be disturbing to some Jaws fans, viewer discretion is advised:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4r3opk4niw[/video]

That is not demolition. It was just a refurb in the early 2000s.

Status
Not open for further replies.