The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone else think universal is going overboard and relying TOO much on harry potter?
i mean this would have been great 6 years ago but now the movies are done and how long can this idea stay fresh
now they are stuck with it ..
lets just rename the parks POTTERWORLD

i mean closing these rides like jaws and kongfrontation and BTTF is like magic kingdom closing pirates of the carb and haunted mansion

well im referring to not just because of harry potter but closing all but 1 original ride
i mean shouldnt they keep something

--- Update ---

and how long can harry potter stay relevant its already done i mean they are putting all the money on potter when its old news already shoulve done this 10 years ago

and how long can harry potter stay relevant its already done i mean they are putting all the money on potter when its old news already shoulve done this 10 years ago

Potter is a cultural phenomenon that won't lose relevancy any time soon. That's all I'm going to say on the subject, because that discussion has been done ad nauseum.

But even ignoring that, Jaws has been done for decades, Kong was too when it closed, and BTTF was as well. Why keep them around when they weren't relevant. Note, I think all of them are classics and will always be relevant, but I'm just pointing out a flaw in your argument.

all im saying is keep some of the original rides i mean come on besides ET they are all gone..
might as well just name it UNIVERSAL STUDIOS FLORIDA POTTERWORLD

all im saying is keep some of the original rides i mean come on besides ET they are all gone..

I'd count Disaster as an original ride, considering it's more or less the same experience.

And again, please explain to me how a small portion of the larger resort should require a name change? Or are you just here for an argument.

As Jungleskip said, Potter is only 1/20 of the resort as a whole....

I really didn't want to take part in this discussion, but after months of reading argument after argument.... it gets aggravating. I think people forget that this is a world-class theme park. No matter what we say, think, feel, or fight about in regards to what's happening, we have no control over any of this.

yes you are right disaster is and original its the same ride basically
no im not here to argue but once potter starts expanding like it is i would say a majority of the 2 parks is all based on potter and now it will be there for about 50 years what a drag walking done english streets with few rides drinking butter beer
ill take the universal from when i was a kid...

yes you are right disaster is and original its the same ride basically
no im not here to argue but once potter starts expanding like it is i would say a majority of the 2 parks is all based on potter and now it will be there for about 50 years what a drag walking done english streets with few rides drinking butter beer
ill take the universal from when i was a kid...

LOLWUT

The expansion will increase the overall ride count. And the majority will be Potter? What are you smoking? 1 land out of 6 is Potter in IoA, and 1 out of 7 in USF will be Potter. Last time I checked 2 out of 13 isn't a majority.

When Diagon Alley is complete, there will be no comparable theme park experience in the world. There is no where on this planet that you can fully experience a nearly complete world that you've read about in books and seen on film. Do people not understand and appreciate the scope and enormity and specialness of this?

Universal struck gold and hasn't stopped digging for more. I cannot fault them. I can only applaud and appreciate what they are doing. Universal finally has something over Disney, and it's driving the fanbois crazy. The fear they have of even more Potter coming makes my heart smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.