The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the effects are great. It might be the story that needs work?

As far as I know the marketing team was preparing for a March 12th grand opening, and the date was supposed to be announced on the Today show today... but, earlier this week I heard it has been postponed, and I have not heard a new date.

Some TMs are saying probably April.
There's at least a chance the postponement of the announcement was due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).

Keep in mind, this was by far the biggest news story of today/Today, the biggest news story of this week, and probably the biggest news of this year so far. Speaking firsthand as an audience member, the entire mood of the show was dampened. Audience direction (from Kevin with Today Show) was "OK be excited, but immediately stop because they're going to start with news about coronavirus", which later changed to, "OK you're just going to wave at the start, no cheering." (Side note: show-host Craig started coughing off-air after speaking about the virus, which caused a lot of uncomfortable laughter.)

It's not just the virus itself, it's also the plunge in stock market and general uncertainty. It's not good news today, and from a marketing perspective, it's not something I'd want to pair with an attraction announcement.

Last edited:
That would explain the jerking motion. They’ve sold it well with adding a flash of light at the moment of the explosion.

I’m still set that the backgrounds don’t look good.
I agree with your assessment of it looking a bit like a PS3 game (mostly due to the backgrounds imo). It looks exactly like a cut-scene out of an Uncharted game.

Reactions: Bort and Scott W.
I agree with your assessment of it looking a bit like a PS3 game (mostly due to the backgrounds imo). It looks exactly like a cut-scene out of an Uncharted game.
It matches F&F, Kong, and the Potter train. Maybe they need to hire a new graphics team or upgrade their software.

I mean,Kong and the Potter train both look great though? F&F is the only one I’d say doesn’t look great, and that’s mostly because of the 3-D imagery being projected in 2-D

I think Potter looks a little cartoonish but it works. Kong looks fantastic. It looks like they're using some kind of high dynamic range. Driving into the jungle for the first time is a genuine wow moment.

I mean,Kong and the Potter train both look great though? F&F is the only one I’d say doesn’t look great, and that’s mostly because of the 3-D imagery being projected in 2-D
They need to stop picking magic hour lighting for these CG things. Not the easiest to make look natural. That’s why Kong looks the best. Well, that and the fact that WETA is the best in the biz.

Given that Bourne is a stage show, I don’t mind some fantasy-level, not 100% looking real environments. It’s about being sucked into the story for me in a theater.

They need to stop picking magic hour lighting for these CG things. Not the easiest to make look natural. That’s why Kong looks the best. Well, that and the fact that WETA is the best in the biz.

Given that Bourne is a stage show, I don’t mind some fantasy-level, not 100% looking real environments. It’s about being sucked into the story for me in a theater.

Fallon looks the best... cuz ILM did it.

From what I heard the day before they blocked off the exit doors, the script was pretty cringe. I’d imagine that is apart of what’s being reworked and overall flow and story.

It’s very possible they knew what technology they wanted before they knew what kind of story they wanted to tell. Recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
Ya really is making me wonder what’s going on with it tbh but I guess we shall see. Hopefully they’re just being extra cautious after F&F and Hagrid’s

Reactions: Tyc00n96
From what I heard the day before they blocked off the exit doors, the script was pretty cringe. I’d imagine that is apart of what’s being reworked and overall flow and story.

It’s very possible they knew what technology they wanted before they knew what kind of story they wanted to tell. Recipe for disaster.

What I've heard is they really locked what they wanted before moving to Orlando but maybe there is more adjusting they're doing. I think the original script issues and changes were caught in the spring of 2019 and the show pushed back to 2020 that summer.

Reactions: Jwhee
To me, it looks like F&F Supercharged with a stunt show thrown in front of it. Poor CGI and acting.

That's exactly what I thought. Really confused by the reactions on here. I was like "Oh, looks like they moved the party scene here."

Can't wait to see it all come together. Watched T2 last night and.. it's got a lot to live up to.

That's exactly what I thought. Really confused by the reactions on here. I was like "Oh, looks like they moved the party scene here."

Can't wait to see it all come together. Watched T2 last night and.. it's got a lot to live up to.
Wait lol. We’re saying this has bad CGI, but the amorphous blob of 1995 CGI that was the entire finale of T2 is a lot to live up to? Lol