The Condition of the Yeti AA | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of the Yeti AA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I must admit, both the video and blog site are freakin' great! Who ever the mastermind is behind it, keep going forward. And yes, I'd love to get one of those t-shirts and wear it to Animal Kingdom on a regular basis. Maybe we should do a flash mob with all of us wearing these shirts and just stand outside the line cue entrance for a couple hours and shoot the chit chat with each other. I'm totally down for some Yeti activism.

From Screamscape:

(3/21/11) According to the latest whispers from those in the know, the giant Yeti figure at Expedition Everest is still hidden behind a scrim and is expected to remain that way for at least another week. According to one anonymous tipster, the Yeti figure appeared to have been skinned, allowing work to be done to the mechanical insides, which seems to indicate that some kind of repair is taking place, though this is still not expected to be a full blown fix. In fact, according to one story, the word going around was that Disney may have been looking into replacing the Yeti finale with a new projection effect instead at one point.

Although some of this is information that we know, some of it is quite interesting. A projection finale would just be weird. :inquisitive:

Last edited:
From Screamscape:

Although some of this is information that we know, some of it is quite interesting. A projection finale would just be weird. :inquisitive:

Yeah, hopefully they gave up on that idea. Hopefully this repair makes it look a little better, although I doubt it could be as amazing as it was when it opened. That would take a long time.

Yeah, hopefully they gave up on that idea. Hopefully this repair makes it look a little better, although I doubt it could be as amazing as it was when it opened. That would take a long time.

I doubt we will ever see it in all it's former glory again.