The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s an icons focused maze, great!

If it’s just a retread of 25 Years, le sigh.

Prepare yourself.

Looks like we are sticking with 10 houses and 5 scarezones this year

9 houses were confirmed till it was 10. So treat it more as a “at least”.

So what could a “marketable IP” be for the first announcement? Beetlejuice?

Marketable for those who’d buy the ticket PLUS what’s the most done and approved. I think Beetlejuice fits that bill quite well but we’ll have to see.

Prepare yourself.

9 houses were confirmed till it was 10. So treat it more as a “at least”.

Joy oh joy. So what houses could we expect to be honored?

My guesses:
-Slaughter Sinema (most likely)
-Dollhouse of the Damned
-Psycho
-Nevermore
-Saws N Steam
-Dead Waters
-Catacombs
-

Guessing Scarecrow gets its own sequel (HOPEFULLY a sequel and not a repeat).

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
Last try for the day before I need to do my actual job instead of constantly googling Rob Thomas...

-Rob Thomas
-iZombie
-Vertigo Comics
-Fables - A dark fantasy comic who uses fairy tale characters (I was between this and Constantine, but this already had an HHN tie-in)

SCARY TALES original

Last try for the day before I need to do my actual job instead of constantly googling Rob Thomas...

-Rob Thomas
-iZombie
-Vertigo Comics
-Fables - A dark fantasy comic who uses fairy tale characters (I was between this and Constantine, but this already had an HHN tie-in)

SCARY TALES original
I came to this conclusion last night as well but since it was done so recently I didn’t think it would happen. Except my conclusion was the leascactress of izombie also was tinker bell on once upon a time. And that’s when I went with scary tales.

That'd be pretty sweet.

If they've managed to nab a "classic" horror property, I'd imagine they might open with that.

My (based what I’ve read here) IP predictions are still Beetlejuice, Creepshow, Chucky, and one of Sabrina or Stranger Things (also “UCM: Bride” but IDK if that counts). So I’m trying not to expect any “straight horror” IPs aside from UCM.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
My (based what I’ve read here) IP predictions are still Beetlejuice, Creepshow, Chucky, and one of Sabrina or Stranger Things (also “UCM: Bride” but IDK if that counts). So I’m trying not to expect any “straight horror” IPs aside from UCM.
If those are the IPs, I could see Beetlejuice or Sabrina being the opener.

But if Stranger Things.. that one. Lol.

Going off of Legacy saying Taylor13 figured out the Rob Thomas swerve

Taylor figured out:
-Push
-Matchbox 20
-Rob Thomas
-Rob Thomas
-Drive Me Crazy
-Melissa Joan Hart

My add on:
Melissa Joan Hart starred in Drive Me Crazy. From there, I started looking at what the other cast members of Drive Me Crazy have appeared in. The one I landed on was Ali Larter
Larter has starred in Final Destination and Resident Evil. Resident Evil COULD make sense, as the remakes are doing pretty well. Maybe they want to try again.
However, the one I keep looking at? She starred in 1999's House on Haunted Hill, which leads me to my official guess: HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE
With the apparent lack of Stranger Things, it would make sense for a different Netflix property to appear, and this is probably the next most popular option. Not to mention, there is a second season coming this year. I could see it being a mash up of both, or it being a multi-year thing like ST

Going off of Legacy saying Taylor13 figuring out the Rob Thomas swerve

Taylor figured out:
-Push
-Matchbox 20
-Rob Thomas
-Rob Thomas
-Drive Me Crazy
-Melissa Joan Hart

My add on:
Melissa Joan Hart starred in Drive Me Crazy. From there, I started looking at what the other cast members of Drive Me Crazy have appeared in. The one I landed on was Ali Larter
Larter has starred in Final Destination and Resident Evil. Resident Evil COULD make sense, as the remakes are doing pretty well. Maybe they want to try again.
However, the one I keep looking at? She starred in 1999's House on Haunted Hill, which leads me to my official guess: HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE
With the apparent lack of Stranger Things, it would make sense for a different Netflix property to appear, and this is probably the next most popular option. Not to mention, there is a second season coming this year. I could see it being a mash up of both, or it being a multi-year thing like ST

Oh please oh please oh please

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Going off of izombie I looked at the names of each episode. One of them is “fight of the living dead”. I would love to see a night of the living dead house but I’m probably off on this one.

Taylor13 figured out the hard part with the Rob Thomas swerve. I’ve implied the Rob Thomas project that matters. From there, it should be easy.

It’s 2/3 steps away.

The opening song, "Stop I'm Already Dead", is from the New Orleans band "Deadboy & The Elephantmen". That band was fronted by Dax Riggs of the '90s Metal band Acid Bath. This song can be found on the album "We Are The Night Sky". The song is also featured in the opening scene of another zombie production, Day of the Dead (2008).

So I will guess either Day of the Dead OR another George Romero inspired house (maybe Night of the Living Dead).

They did the same for 28 with 9 houses till it was 10. I'll be blunt: I haven't heard 11 houses this year but them saying 10 in early March isn't indicative of what actually happens. This is more "at least".

It's on the site and promoted as so as well, if they were to announce 11 houses they would probably would have put a video announcing 11 houses like they did back at 2018 but only just put out the BOGO prices, so I think we are probably just sticking to 10 houses, lets just see what they put out next.

1583857201503.png

Last edited:
It's on the site and promoted as so as well, if they were to announce 11 houses they would probably would have put a video announcing 11 houses like they did back at 2018 but only just put out the BOGO prices, so I think we are probably just sticking to 10 houses, lets just see what they put out next.

View attachment 11809

FWIW I don't think there will be 11 houses. Just saying don't be surprised if something does change, like oh say the two shows thing.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.