The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 344 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love the lineup this year tbh. I wish we got a different slasher besides Leatherface but I’m hoping they find a way to switch up that IP. Hill House + Billie are gonna be fun though.

But Twisted Tradition + Bedtime Stories... very excited to see what those bring.

I really love the lineup this year tbh. I wish we got a different slasher besides Leatherface but I’m hoping they find a way to switch up that IP. Hill House + Billie are gonna be fun though.

But Twisted Tradition + Bedtime Stories... very excited to see what those bring.
I don’t hate this years line up it just seems really odd mix match of properties. Agree with the slasher would love to see something less known like terrifier!

Reactions: Lucky Planet

it really depends on the zones, depends how the zones play out...

I know of Billy Eilish but don't think I ever heard her music, so I am just curious, but what is the HHN connection? Does she often deal in horror themes?

I definitely wouldn’t say Beetlejuice is a younger crowd pull... the movie came out the year i was born and I’m 32 today :party: so people that we’re watching it when it came out are even older than i am. I don’t even think Beetlejuice would fall under something making a big comeback with younger kids.
Beetlejuice is an interesting case, might be one of the few properties HHN has done that really has a foot in most of the age demographics they aim for, since the original movie is a cult classic with the people who grew up with it, and the massive surge of popularity of the musical has brought a much younger demographic to look at the original film, so technically as a property it functions simultaneously as a cult classic throwback house and a modern teen oriented house.

I know of Billy Eilish but don't think I ever heard her music, so I am just curious, but what is the HHN connection? Does she often deal in horror themes?
EDIT: She's a fan of the hollywood event and her music videos are pretty surreal, so we assume either she asked universal to be involved or universal asked her.

Also, on the topic of Eilish, I was pretty skeptical of it in the first few months of it being rumored, just like I was last year with ghostbusters, but I think it has a pretty good chance of working out. I don't think it will end up being my personal favorite on either coast, and I agree that technically most of her music doesn't fit what you'd normally expect from horror nights, but I think if the team makes the visuals twisted enough the somewhat low key feel of most of her music could create a really creepy juxtaposition.

Nearly every one of her videos is steeped in horror imagery, specifically that of the creepy/suspenseful kind.

People are so hopped up on the idea of a loud, chaotic, metal house, they’re not realizing that an Eilish house would be more akin to Orfanage than Run.

not really, i think its just a connection with universal, and shes a big fan of hhn
watch her vids, not really horror

Beetlejuice is an interesting case, might be one of the few properties HHN has done that really has a foot in most of the age demographics they aim for, since the original movie is a cult classic with the people who grew up with it, and the massive surge of popularity of the musical has brought a much younger demographic to look at the original film, so technically as a property it functions simultaneously as a cult classic throwback house and a modern teen oriented house.

EDIT: She's a fan of the hollywood event and her music videos are pretty surreal, so we assume either she asked universal to be involved or universal asked her.

Also, on the topic of Eilish, I was pretty skeptical of it in the first few months of it being rumored, just like I was last year with ghostbusters, but I think it has a pretty good chance of working out. I don't think it will end up being my personal favorite on either coast, and I agree that technically most of her music doesn't fit what you'd normally expect from horror nights, but I think if the team makes the visuals twisted enough the somewhat low key feel of most of her music could create a really creepy juxtaposition.

i dont know, out of her entire video catalogue, only like 3 vids have any "creepiness" to them, its kind of a reach and an exaggeration to call her a horror artist,
i can think of 10-20 other NON metal musical groups that fit the horror description more than her
even lady gaga has had "creepier moments" :look:

just because a music video is quirky it doesnt make it "horror"

Last edited:
Nearly every one of her videos is steeped in horror imagery, specifically that of the creepy/suspenseful kind.

People are so hopped up on the idea of a loud, chaotic, metal house, they’re not realizing that an Eilish house would be more akin to Orfanage than Run.

I know you were a huge fan of Orfanage. What made it so special to you? Just curious.

not really, i think its just a connection with universal, and shes a big fan of hhn
watch her vids, not really horror

They're absolutely dripping in horror imagery, come on.

all the good girls go the hell is a whole video based around a fallen angel with flames surrounding them, dead black eyes, etc. We've literally had HHN originals similar to this (i.e. The Fallen).

hostage literally has a Nightmare on Elm Street homage and is incredibly reminiscent at times to the HHN14 commercial.

Bury a Friend's wiki literally talks about it being compared to things such as the films Suspiria (2018) and Get Out (2017),[31][51] the television series The Haunting of Hill House,[51] and Stephen King's 1977 novel The Shining. It features needles, possessions, abduction, etc.

Listen to this description on her album artwork: "The singer had prepared sketches for the album cover which were inspired by the album's themes of night terrors and lucid dreaming, as well as Eilish's interest in horror films, specifically The Babadook "

I can go on and on, but this ongoing discussion of Billie Eilish not being horror related at all is a joke. Dislike her music as much as you want, but base your critiques in reality.

This has been posted here before, but, this is a pretty good write up (with videos) from a horror website...

They're absolutely dripping in horror imagery, come on.

all the good girls go the hell is a whole video based around a fallen angel with flames surrounding them, dead black eyes, etc. We've literally had HHN originals similar to this (i.e. The Fallen).

hostage literally has a Nightmare on Elm Street homage and is incredibly reminiscent at times to the HHN14 commercial.

Bury a Friend's wiki literally talks about it being compared to things such as the films Suspiria (2018) and Get Out (2017),[31][51] the television series The Haunting of Hill House,[51] and Stephen King's 1977 novel The Shining. It features needles, possessions, abduction, etc.

Listen to this description on her album artwork: "The singer had prepared sketches for the album cover which were inspired by the album's themes of night terrors and lucid dreaming, as well as Eilish's interest in horror films, specifically The Babadook "

I can go on and on, but this ongoing discussion of Billie Eilish not being horror related at all is a joke. Dislike her music as much as you want, but base your critiques in reality.

yeah... like i said... 3 videos....lol :dance:

This has been posted here before, but, this is a pretty good write up (with videos) from a horror website...

Plot twist: Bedtime Stories is the Billie Eilish house. ;)

I know you were a huge fan of Orfanage. What made it so special to you? Just curious.
I prefer creepy houses. “Unsettling“ would be a better term.” I like houses that feel like real things, haunted by things that feel completely organic to the setting. A burned down orphanage is something that can be down the road from you, and of course it would be haunted by the ghosts of the children abused there. The catacombs are a real place and plague doctors were real things. Jungle of Doom was, literally, a lost tribe in the jungle attacking outsiders. The original Screamhouse was a family funeral parlor with a dark secret—and there are thousands of family funeral parlors around the country. It’s entirely probable that one of them could have cannibals working there.

Evil is quiet. Death is silent. That’s what makes them scary. The louder, more outlandish or unrealistic things get, the less interested I am in. It’s like, “oooh... big scary monster... oooh... loud noises.” Those aren’t real. A plague is real. Arson is real. Cannibalism is real.

And the scariest aspect of those things is that you never know where They are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.