The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 346 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my friend, when Billie's house gets announced, it will be pure chaos lol. these conversations we had today will be child's play compared to the world of trouble that the announcement will create lol :lol:
Honestly I think most casual attendees are really gonna like it, I told a friend of mine that it was being thrown around as a rumor and he seemed really excited for it, and in general I think casual attendees dont really hold the event to as strict limits as the fans tend to.

I think we can all agree on this. Hopefully hhn still happens this year any announcement we get will be good. Even if it is something we don’t want at least we’ll know the event is still happening. Let’s hope we get an announcement sooner then later.

I think we can all agree on this. Hopefully hhn still happens this year any announcement we get will be good. Even if it is something we don’t want at least we’ll know the event is still happening. Let’s hope we get an announcement sooner then later.
I hate to ruin the suspense.
It's happening, unless things take a very drastic turn for the worse.

Considering how “far ahead” Uni is placing itself in terms of its’ COVID handling, I am actually at the point where I’d be shocked if they left turned into not doing it at this point.

With the idea that everything will be announced at once, can we expect something different then just a huge drop on their Social Media outlets? It just seems like they'd try to hype up the event with some different ways. Seems kinda dry to just dump a bunch of posts on FB or Twitter if you ask me.

I think it would be cool if they announced the contents of the event in some sort of live presentation. After they announce houses, scarezones, (if there are any) and shows, they could talk about how the event will be changed, how the app will work, and how they will be keeping us safe.
The live presentation could be hosted on their social media's. This way the announcements would be more organized and in one neat video that people can view after the live is over.

Reactions: londonwerecat
With the idea that everything will be announced at once, can we expect something different then just a huge drop on their Social Media outlets? It just seems like they'd try to hype up the event with some different ways. Seems kinda dry to just dump a bunch of posts on FB or Twitter if you ask me.

I think it would be cool if they announced the contents of the event in some sort of live presentation. After they announce houses, scarezones, (if there are any) and shows, they could talk about how the event will be changed, how the app will work, and how they will be keeping us safe.
The live presentation could be hosted on their social media's. This way the announcements would be more organized and in one neat video that people can view after the live is over.
I might be forgetting, but has there been a year with a significant number of IPs where all the mazes were actually dropped at once? I remember in 2013 there was a week where there was an announcement a day, and I know its not uncommon to drop a lot of the original stuff at once, but I can't recall one where all the content was dropped at once

I might be forgetting, but has there been a year with a significant number of IPs where all the mazes were actually dropped at once? I remember in 2013 there was a week where there was an announcement a day, and I know its not uncommon to drop a lot of the original stuff at once, but I can't recall one where all the content was dropped at once
Not sure, but I remember all the originals during 27 being dropped at once.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
@Spookies n' Stuff :
17 and 19 the presence of the three headliners (Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Saw, Chucky Wolfman respectively) were announced in June I think. But the house lineup itself--the names, the stories and what not) was all dumped the last week of August.

I gotta be honest I don’t mind if Texas 2 happens this year cause the movie is out there and some campy fun. However Texas 3 is so bad and I hope we never see that at the event!!

The louder, more outlandish things or unrealistic things get, the less interested I am in. It’s like, “oooh... big scary monster... oooh... loud noises.” Those aren’t real.
I feel like at HHN this kind of thing has been the majority recently

I feel like at HHN this kind of thing has been the majority recently

Definitely aside from Graveyard, the originals last year were more creature-based. As much as I loved Depths they would've been better off making the brooders more bacterial/protistic in nature.

Part of why Seeds worked so well (for me) was its gut wrenching sense of quietness, even if it was creature based.

I think with Texas Atleast walking through it will feel less campy then watching it also not sure I would classify billie as campy

I'm counting anything that might be "lighter" in that category.

i know it is nothing but speculation but if they cut tickets sales by 50% or something like that, they probably need guests to pay for repeat visits,

It's an awkward position for UOR, because end of the day, multi-day tickets run about what two nights would cost. You end multi-night, I think people will still come, but a lot are going to wait until October. So you have three or four dead nights in September, then quick sell-outs (and money left on the table and potentially pissed off locals) the last half of October.

Unpopular opinion, but I can only call it like I see it: I think UOR is banking on at least a de facto Phase 4 come Labor Day weekend. DeSantis announced Phase 2 on Universal property, can't tell me the suits didn't casually mention how important HHN is to their yearly revenue. Then it comes down to Marketing making people feel safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.