The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 347 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an awkward position for UOR, because end of the day, multi-day tickets run about what two nights would cost. You end multi-night, I think people will still come, but a lot are going to wait until October. So you have three or four dead nights in September, then quick sell-outs (and money left on the table and potentially pissed off locals) the last half of October.

Unpopular opinion, but I can only call it like I see it: I think UOR is banking on at least a de facto Phase 4 come Labor Day weekend. DeSantis announced Phase 2 on Universal property, can't tell me the suits didn't casually mention how important HHN is to their yearly revenue. Then it comes down to Marketing making people feel safe.
I don’t think there’s a phase 4. After phase 3, it’s ongoing considerations. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I definitely wouldn’t say Beetlejuice is a younger crowd pull... the movie came out the year i was born and I’m 32 today :party: so people that we’re watching it when it came out are even older than i am. I don’t even think Beetlejuice would fall under something making a big comeback with younger kids.
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet since I'm just reading this now but, Beetlejuice was definitely a teen thing not too long ago. Maybe not the movie, but the musical was very popular with teens and younger people before it closed in March, especially due to the popularity of it's songs on TikTok. It won't be as big a draw to teens as Billie, but it definitely has it's fanbase of younger teens who found that musical.

Why does everyone keep assuming Billie is gonna be a not scary house? Bury a Friend is proof enough she can make a creepy visual. The album art was inspired by sleep paralysis, which is an extremely creepy concept that A&D is likely gonna get creative with.

Guessing the thinking is that they don't want to make it scary for the young-ish crowd?

Then again, I got into horror when I was 10. Maybe teens have always been into HHN, and what's changed is more the generation than the age targeted? "Is this haunted room actually stretching, or is it your imagination?"

When do we think we will get the announcement drop? I vaguely remember hearing from this forum that it's likely to happen in late-June to early-July but I don't know. I know this has been asked plenty of times already, but I can't remember the answer. When do y'all think it'll happen?

When do we think we will get the announcement drop? I vaguely remember hearing from this forum that it's likely to happen in late-June to early-July but I don't know. I know this has been asked plenty of times already, but I can't remember the answer. When do y'all think it'll happen?

We don't know. This year's events don't help either.

We don't know. This year's events don't help either.
Yeah true. I'm really hoping it happens soon, but my guess is that it will happen when the Orlando Horror Nights' twitter finishes their callback list. It really feels like a countdown. They started back in like, March or something and they're currently on HHN16 so I'm not sure how much longer we will have to wait.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Or... most people will be excited by the idea.

fingers crossed :creep:
maybe every HHN guest loves the house and maybe it becomes a fan favorite and it gets a sequel next year, maybe it gets highest rated house of 2020, maybe.
who knows :look: anything is possible. :toast:

It's an awkward position for UOR, because end of the day, multi-day tickets run about what two nights would cost. You end multi-night, I think people will still come, but a lot are going to wait until October. So you have three or four dead nights in September, then quick sell-outs (and money left on the table and potentially pissed off locals) the last half of October.

Unpopular opinion, but I can only call it like I see it: I think UOR is banking on at least a de facto Phase 4 come Labor Day weekend. DeSantis announced Phase 2 on Universal property, can't tell me the suits didn't casually mention how important HHN is to their yearly revenue. Then it comes down to Marketing making people feel safe.

yeah you bring up excellent points, specially about september, i didnt think of that, it's so strange and bizarre to think of this year's event, wondering how the logistics will work, this year is really crazy, who knows what world wide event comes next, i heard aliens and UFOs are coming to Earth next lol.
every year i anticipate HHN and every year after announcements come out, i start planning my routes and planning what days to visit, mentally make a map
but this year.........this year we will have to wait until September to know whats gonna happen,
i hope frequent fear stays, but who knows, anything is possible

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet since I'm just reading this now but, Beetlejuice was definitely a teen thing not too long ago. Maybe not the movie, but the musical was very popular with teens and younger people before it closed in March, especially due to the popularity of it's songs on TikTok. It won't be as big a draw to teens as Billie, but it definitely has it's fanbase of younger teens who found that musical.

what songs were used on tiktok?

Last edited by a moderator:
what songs were used on tiktok?
If I remember correctly, the 3 most popular songs from the soundtrack on TikTok were "Say My Name," "What I Know Now," and "The Whole Being Dead Thing pt 2." Say My Name is by far the most popular though. Every Beetlejuice TikTok compilation is flooded with that one song. There were plenty others that were popular on there too, but to a lesser extent like "The Whole Being Dead Thing," "Day-O," and "Girl Scout." Also the understudy for Lydia, Presley Ryan, is pretty popular on the app so she brought a lot of publicity to it with her content done with the show's cast.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the 3 most popular songs from the soundtrack on TikTok were "Say My Name," "What I Know Now," and "The Whole Being Dead Thing pt 2." Say My Name is by far the most popular though. Every Beetlejuice TikTok compilation is flooded with that one song. There were plenty others that were popular on there too, but to a lesser extent like "The Whole Being Dead Thing," "Day-O," and "Girl Scout." Also the understudy for Lydia, Presley Ryan, is pretty popular on the app so she brought a lot of publicity to it with her content done with the show's cast.
wow, thank you, this is very wild. kind of crazy how tiktok helped Beetlejuice like that, ill check it out

edit:
wow you were on point, just checked, i cant believe how much power tiktok has, this is really crazy! im amazed at these reactions

wow, thank you, this is very wild. kind of crazy how tiktok helped Beetlejuice like that, ill check it out
Here's a really great video about the history of how TikTok and Presley Ryan helped bring Beetlejuice to the teenage audience! If you're interested in learning more, this basically gives all the info you could want.

• Love
Summer of 2007 at Madison Square Garden for me - Probably the single greatest concert I've ever attended. Matt Bellamy is 1 of maybe 2 modern musicians I'd trust with conceptualizing their own HHN house, the other being Mike Patton.

I'd add Thom Yorke to that list. And to be there in 2007 at MSG when they were in their prime, would have been unreal. I didn't know who they were until 2011. Their music has taken a different turn, but while watching them in their home country, they could have been playing "it's a small world" and I would have loved it, with the setups they were able bring on stage. :rock: :rimshot:

I prefer creepy houses. “Unsettling“ would be a better term.” I like houses that feel like real things, haunted by things that feel completely organic to the setting. A burned down orphanage is something that can be down the road from you, and of course it would be haunted by the ghosts of the children abused there. The catacombs are a real place and plague doctors were real things. Jungle of Doom was, literally, a lost tribe in the jungle attacking outsiders. The original Screamhouse was a family funeral parlor with a dark secret—and there are thousands of family funeral parlors around the country. It’s entirely probable that one of them could have cannibals working there.

Evil is quiet. Death is silent. That’s what makes them scary. The louder, more outlandish or unrealistic things get, the less interested I am in. It’s like, “oooh... big scary monster... oooh... loud noises.” Those aren’t real. A plague is real. Arson is real. Cannibalism is real.

And the scariest aspect of those things is that you never know where They are.
This.

Just expect an announcement sometime before September.
Nah, I imagine they cut so much marketing budget this year, that they'll be outside with a bullhorn on day one, yelling, "come one! Come all! Step inside! We got chainsaw wielding maniacs, clowns and demons for all ages!"

It prob won’t happen but I would love to see this years ad the day the announcements drop. Post the ad everywhere showing the icons hopefully and then a tease at the houses this year or something

edit:
wow you were on point, just checked, i cant believe how much power tiktok has, this is really crazy! im amazed at these reactions

As someone who spends too much time on Tik Tok, it definitely was somewhat popular a year or two back. Girl Scout was popular a bit ago, but unfortunately that has fizzled too. And the people who knew it was from Beetlejuice was slim. I’m just not thinking their are gonna he many teens who will be drawn in by BeetleJuice. Again, Eilish will certainly make up for that

As someone who spends too much time on Tik Tok, it definitely was somewhat popular a year or two back. Girl Scout was popular a bit ago, but unfortunately that has fizzled too. And the people who knew it was from Beetlejuice was slim. I’m just not thinking their are gonna he many teens who will be drawn in by BeetleJuice. Again, Eilish will certainly make up for that
that Broadway video was truly truly amazing to watch, tiktok was responsible for saving the musical from flopping and for making it reach one million in sales.
i dont know how it will translate for hhn, but what if the Beetlejuice tiktok craze starts up again because of hhn?

Status
Not open for further replies.