The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 345 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lets call her "psychological horror" to simplify it. like a studio A24 movie like Midsommar or something like The Neon Demon

I mean, call it whatever you're comfortable with.

My point is simply that it is horror and has every right to be attempted at the event. It's okay not to be interested in all 10 houses or even to be the target audience for each house. If anyone is the target audience for every single house, they're probably missing a lot of groups.

I mean, call it whatever you're comfortable with.

My point is simply that it is horror and has every right to be attempted at the event. It's okay not to be interested in all 10 houses or even to be the target audience for each house. If anyone is the target audience for every single house, they're probably missing a lot of groups.

her videos have some creepy elements but if thats the case then any time a musician has a creepy video we can call them a horror artist?

that would make die antwoord and EMINEM horror artists . EMINEM literally had flat out fully horror themed videos lol. i can probably think of hundreds of creepy pop videos, i guess they are all horror. im not even being sarcastic, but this definition of horror would make EMINEM a horror artist,

we could legitimately realistically have an EMINEM HHN house, EMINEM has some heavy, messed up horror elements, he would start his concerts by wearing a jason mask and holding a chainsaw, he would literally wave a chainsaw around, EMINEM a horror rapper (his lyrics are horror movies basically)
im not posting wishful thinking, im not wishing for anything. im just thinking of Billie and EMINEM being horror artists, (you could add Insane Clown Posse to that horror group)
its just interesting that EMINEM and Insane Clown Posse are technically very horror but i cant remember anyone referring to them as horror
but billie is fully categorized as horror. weird

I prefer creepy houses. “Unsettling“ would be a better term.”

Evil is quiet. Death is silent. That’s what makes them scary.

And the scariest aspect of those things is that you never know where They are.

That's a perfect aesthetic for this year. Haunting of Hill House, for instance, would rely on unsettling, disturbing images and sounds. So much of the terror in that series is catching a glimpse of ghosts hidden in the background. Stuff that doesn't rely on getting in your face to scare you.

her videos have some creepy elements but if thats the case then any time a musician has a creepy video we can call them a horror artist?

that would make die antwoord and EMINEM horror artists . EMINEM literally had flat out fully horror themed videos lol. i can probably think of hundreds of creepy pop videos, i guess they are all horror. im not even being sarcastic, but this definition of horror would make EMINEM a horror artist,

we could legitimately realistically have an EMINEM HHN house, EMINEM has some heavy, messed up horror elements, he would start his concerts by wearing a jason mask and holding a chainsaw, he would literally wave a chainsaw around, EMINEM a horror rapper (his lyrics are horror movies basically)
im not posting wishful thinking, im not wishing for anything. im just thinking of Billie and EMINEM being horror artists, (you could add Insane Clown Posse to that horror group)
its just interesting that EMINEM and Insane Clown Posse are technically very horror but i cant remember anyone referring to them as horror
but billie is fully categorized as horror. weird

I mean, this could turn into a long-winded response, but the easiest response is, none of them have the same marketability (for various reasons) and so far Billie has focused almost solely in the realm of horror.

Die Antwoord - They've made a horror movie. Of course they have a basis in horror. They also aren't nearly as big and have plenty of controversy that HHN wouldn't want to touch.

Eminem - Works far more in the realm of parody/comedy/diss than horror, but still appreciates some elements of them. He has been classified as horrorcore at times by some, so I can't agree with saying "I can't remember anyone referring to him as horror". Also steeped heavily in controversy that HHN wouldn't want to touch.

ICP - Not even going to touch this lol

I keep saying this, but HHN has worked with artists in the past and will work with them again in the future. No one is denying that. This year appears to be Billie's year however and that is FINE. Billie is incredibly marketable and has no controversies behind her for the marketing/PR team to have to worry about. Why is Billie somehow the line some of you draw? She has one album and it is based in horror. Period.

Why is Billie somehow the line some of you draw? She has one album and it is based in horror. Period.

It’s just gatekeeping. They’re not fans of her thus she doesn’t fit into what they deem worthy of belonging at HHN.

It clearly doesn’t matter that the people creating HHN see a way to integrate her vision into the event. They don’t like her + they don’t want her there=she shouldn’t be there.

It’s all so tired, but, to me, that seems to be the root of the problem.

I don’t really understand the argument over Billie. Barring a big change, she’ll be involved with the event this year, you either like it or you don’t, and she’s the only rumored music house. Period. Also, as a high schooler myself I can tell you she is extremely popular with my age group
It's interesting, it seems like a lot of the backlash is people feeling like the "old hhn" style with grit and slashers is being sidelined for modern gen z appeal, but it's really just the way the event evolves, loosely themed originals gave way to icons, icons gave way to ips, ips are shifting to ones with younger appeal, its just the way things go.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Does anyone know if there is going to be another speculation map for this year?
I saw this one floating around:
zk9DZpp.png

It’s just gatekeeping. They’re not fans of her thus she doesn’t fit into what they deem worthy of belonging at HHN.

It clearly doesn’t matter that the people creating HHN see a way to integrate her vision into the event. They don’t like her + they don’t want her there=she shouldn’t be there.

It’s all so tired, but, to me, that seems to be the root of the problem.

Absolutely. It's been said a few times in the thread even that some of them "don't like their fans" which is absurd.

I mean, this could turn into a long-winded response, but the easiest response is, none of them have the same marketability (for various reasons) and so far Billie has focused almost solely in the realm of horror.

Die Antwoord - They've made a horror movie. Of course they have a basis in horror. They also aren't nearly as big and have plenty of controversy that HHN wouldn't want to touch.

Eminem - Works far more in the realm of parody/comedy/diss than horror, but still appreciates some elements of them. He has been classified as horrorcore at times by some, so I can't agree with saying "I can't remember anyone referring to him as horror". Also steeped heavily in controversy that HHN wouldn't want to touch.

ICP - Not even going to touch this lol

I keep saying this, but HHN has worked with artists in the past and will work with them again in the future. No one is denying that. This year appears to be Billie's year however and that is FINE. Billie is incredibly marketable and has no controversies behind her for the marketing/PR team to have to worry about. Why is Billie somehow the line some of you draw? She has one album and it is based in horror. Period.

ive already said i have an open mind about the Billie house, so im not totally against it, translating her work to a house is going to create interesting results, im open to see the house if i go, i will fully give it a chance to surprise me.

i guess this was all about the spectrum of horror, the different sides of horror, i think its funny to remember all the hate that five nights at Freddy's got when it was wishful thinking or rumored or whatever lol. i remember when people argued furiously that five nights at Freddy's wasnt horror or that it was too soft for hhn lol, how it was too childish. how times change

i dont even love EMINEM or IRON MAIDEN they arent my favorite artists,

my favorite music is Synthwave and Retrowave, i enjoy that robot music lol.
music that was featured in the park for two years, as far as music at hhn goes i already got to hear my favorite Synthwave artists PERTURBATOR and CARPENTER BRUT at hhn every night, god bless the person that added them to the event lol.
it was truly heaven... :whoo:
Anarch-Cade was basically a synthwave scarezone already, i already got my favorite music featured at the event, i got to enjoy my fav songs every night, im not gatekeeping anything, its all about the Synth for me...
but you gotta understand how Billie Eilish took everyone by surprise right?

but you gotta understand how Billie Eilish took everyone by surprise right?
Lowkey, after attending the event for 11 years I don't think I've been surprised since 2012 :lol: Between Alice Cooper, Penn & Teller, and dropping scarezones for roaming hordes, they kinda threw it all at us that year.

I get other people being surprised though. I'm just trying to ease any hate or worries about it because it's all been done before lol. Even with the things that shocked me in 2012, none of them were really new for HHN. Just new to the few years I had attended by that point.

Lowkey, after attending the event for 11 years I don't think I've been surprised since 2012 :lol: Between Alice Cooper, Penn & Teller, and dropping scarezones for roaming hordes, they kinda threw it all at us that year.

I get other people being surprised though. I'm just trying to ease any hate or worries about it because it's all been done before lol. Even with the things that shocked me in 2012, none of them were really new for HHN. Just new to the few years I had attended by that point.

oh my friend, when Billie's house gets announced, it will be pure chaos lol. these conversations we had today will be child's play compared to the world of trouble that the announcement will create lol :lol:

oh my friend, when Billie's house gets announced, it will be pure chaos lol. these conversations we had today will be child's play compared to the world of trouble that the announcement will create lol :lol:

Well, if everything is dropped at once like rumored...

If the Peacock Live thing planned for 3/28 was supposed to be the first announcement, I'm betting it would've been Billie. Most popular property plus UMG synergy. Then I'm guessing the second announcement would've been the icons house.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Or... most people will be excited by the idea.

Again, this is a situation where people who follow HHN year round are trying to determine the taste of people who don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.