The Old KidZone Thread | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this would make sense when you think about it....like in terms of timeframe. DA will be open fully and will be consuming a large portion of the people coming in the park...that will free up the congestion by Kidzone

:lol: at the last page of this thread. Also, I hope KidZone refers to everything minus E.T.

Said it before, I can think of few IPs capable of supporting a "Potter-like" land. Much as I'd love something Scooby Doo, for instance, how do you do more than a dark ride and a gift shop?

@ReelJustice, @JungleSkip, I recall you hinting at an IP coming to the area (the whole animated, classic but contemporary riddle). The article says you have no idea of the new KZ theme, is the old rumor dead/on hold for now? Or could it possibly be different views of the same project? (E.g. Source A says Happy Little Elves are coming, Source B says a new Potter-like land is coming, don't know what IP.)

@ReelJustice, @JungleSkip, I recall you hinting at an IP coming to the area (the whole animated, classic but contemporary riddle).

We aren't sure if that deal fell through or not. I'm holding out hope that it's still coming.

If it isn't what we thought, I have no idea what they've got up their sleeve. As of now, sources either don't know or aren't willing/cannot to divulge.

I'm curious to know, Is universal considering opening both Kong and KZ in 2016 (One early 2016, the other late 2016) and then the water/theme park in 2017 to go head to head against avatar? I feel that would be a great route to go

And before you question whether or not you believe they would do this, the CFO of comcast recently came out and expressed the company's belief that the parks have been underfunded for the last few year - this being after the grand expansion and Comcast's purchase of NBCUni.

Could they be increasing the budget and pushing for expansions in both parks in the same year. This would also mean that if they still do own the Lockheed land, they would get to developing that land sooner than later...

I still think it could be a huge Minions themed area, even larger than Super Silly Fun Land. Just a calculated guess, though.

I don't think they'd be so anxious about keeping something in-house like that under wraps. JMO, but I think there's a big purchase behind this based on how little people are willing to divulge.

I don't think they'd be so anxious about keeping something in-house like that under wraps. JMO, but I think there's a big purchase behind this based on how little people are willing to divulge.

Yep.. a Minions land would be a major waste of the KidZone area (Shrek or BMG are more suitable SSFL areas)

I'm hoping Hasbro or Nintendo are connected :p

Depending on what all is planned, I don't think it would be starting in fall. I could see them doing it as soon as London is done though. If they were to begin later that would possibly put a pretty big hurt on HHN losing the area for the two sprung tents and the sound stage.

Depending on what all is planned, I don't think it would be starting in fall. I could see them doing it as soon as London is done though. If they were to begin later that would possibly put a pretty big hurt on HHN losing the area for the two sprung tents and the sound stage.

This has nothing to do with the area the tents are in, and as far as I know it won't affect the parade building either

Status
Not open for further replies.