The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No war. Just an honest discussion. Universal is here. They have always been here. That's cool. Just offering them an opportunity to step out from the shadows and have their voice heard. Not be me, or my interpretation of their actions, but with their own voice.

Brawner Greer called me out. S/he didn't have the courage to do so publically, even though everything I did was upfront and public. I'm just offering him/her the opportunity to take responsibility for their words and actions and be upfront, honest and transparent.

Look, I'm an individual and most certainly don't have the weight of a huge corporate legal department. I have done nothing wrong and won't be bullied. I would like nothing more than for M. Greer to truly read my posts and see them for how they were intended: a tribute to the very people they accuse me of disrespecting. In addition, they have "demanded" that I turn over information to them that a) I don't have and b) they have no legal ground to ask of me.

Universal, everyone here is hoping and believing you have created something truly magical here. Don't ruin it by creating a PR issue. It's not nice or necessary.

How can you be completely positive that it was Mr. Greer who emailed you and not another member of the Legal team? Either way it's wrong for you to call them out and throw out personal insults at them. How do they have a lack of courage for e-mailing personal business to you and not informing the rest of the board? It seems more courteous for them to leave it as a private manner than to post it in a public forum. If he were to have posted the e-mail on this thread instead, you all would laugh at him and deny the fact that they are at all involved with Universal.

What you did can be looked at as wrong. It is private information that is not currently supposed to be known and that is what Universal is concerned about and asking you to discontinue. The Orlando United forums do not seem like a place for asking requests to Universal staff who quietly emailed you.

I just feel we are getting angry over a simple e-mail. Who cares if we can't post backstage information yet? Soft Openings can start within weeks and we will have all of the pictures you could ever want then.

Last edited:
ScottInNy, can you post the full text of the email that they sent you on here? I am not looking for email addresses, just the full text of their request?

Teebin, I can't. You have no idea how much I'd like to. Private me.

--- Update ---

How can you be completely positive that it was Mr. Greer who emailed you and not another member of the Legal team? Either way it's wrong for you to call them out and throw out personal insults at them. How do they have a lack of courage for e-mailing personal business to you and not informing the rest of the board? It seems more courteous for them to leave it as a private manner than to post it in a public forum. If he were to have posted the e-mail on this thread instead, you all would laugh at him and deny the fact that they are at all involved with Universal.

What you did can be looked at as wrong. It is private information that is not currently supposed to be known and that is what Universal is concerned about and asking you to discontinue. The Orlando United forums do not seem like a place for asking requests to Universal staff who quietly emailed you.

I just feel we are getting angry over a simple e-mail. Who cares if we can't post backstage information yet? Soft Openings can start within weeks and we will have all of the pictures you could ever want then.

Their email was less than quiet. And, I agree that this is silly. I guess I am just offended by the tone of their message.

Full text or it didn't happen.

Thats a heavy handed request as he could get into legal trouble for reposting it. Universal have shocked me if they have spoken to a loyal fan in such a aggressive tone, I have the photos that were released of the cars and the castle backstage saved on my computer and many others do, I could re-post them at my own will. They can try and sue all of us but leaked info spreads like a virus.

Defend yourself ScottInNY, They have no right to do something like that to you.

Someone posted a few twenty pages back that the thread was dying and they felt sad that the land was almost open because he/ she enjoyed the speculation of the land's construction. They went on to talk about how they felt that this thread would sink soon after opening as we would of run out of stuff to talk about. I don't know about everyone else but I plan on being here until I figure out all the mechanics behind FJ! :lol:

I'm not sure what can be said about the Wizarding World now. I mean if info can't be shared at all, then are we all suppose to just talk about how we can't wait to go? Or when we think softs will be? Don't get me wrong, I love to discuss Harry Potter but I just don't know what more can be said right now.

I'm not sure what can be said about the Wizarding World now. I mean if info can't be shared at all, then are we all suppose to just talk about how we can't wait to go? Or when we think softs will be? Don't get me wrong, I love to discuss Harry Potter but I just don't know what more can be said right now.

What is this about softs? Expect a letter from Universal buddy! The opening date is June 18th..and dont you forget that!!

Seriously, might as well close the thread until Universal decides it's time to let us discuss this stuff.

I feel bad for Orlando United, because they are the real victim here. I hope just guys have a good cyber-liability policy.

and once again I think its AMAZING..that a small orlando based forum is causing such a ruckus in the first place. You would think it would be the Potter fan sites that would be following this the closest.

Why in the world wasn't Orlando United invited to the the "blog" event? You seem to be covering the ride better then they have!

Universal cant really do anything to us for talking bout the ride... What got ScottinNY introuble the way I see it was him telling the whole world he has insider knowlege... Which he did/does. Universal is just trying to stop him from spreading what he knows.

I think that the email you received (ScottinNy) was uncalled for from Universal as all the details are going to come out in less than 2 months anyways. So I really do not understand why they would be upset. One more thing is that you should always used an email that does not contain any person information such as your real name or location(hopefully this will not come back to haunt you Scott). I do not condone this last statement but if you have REAL insider information and want to share then that is what you should do and they would have never known who you are.

Since they seem to be hanging on are every word...I think Universal should pick some board members to go preview and discuss this ride. It's obvious that the people on this board are some of the biggest fans around.

So how bout it, treat some Board members to Butter Beer?

Please Uni?

What is this about softs? Expect a letter from Universal buddy! The opening date is June 18th..and dont you forget that!!

Seriously, might as well close the thread until Universal decides it's time to let us discuss this stuff.

I feel bad for Orlando United, because they are the real victim here. I hope just guys have a good cyber-liability policy.

and once again I think its AMAZING..that a small orlando based forum is causing such a ruckus in the first place. You would think it would be the Potter fan sites that would be following this the closest.

Why in the world wasn't Orlando United invited to the the "blog" event? You seem to be covering the ride better then they have!

*looks around* Who me? I didn't say a thing... June 18th! Got it. I will not forget!

I find it amazing that it is causing such a ruckus too. I agree you'd think the fansite would be following this closely.

--- Update ---

Since they seem to be hanging on are every word...I think Universal should pick some board members to go preview and discuss this ride. It's obvious that the people on this board are some of the biggest fans around.

So how bout it, treat some Board members to Butter Beer?

Please Uni?

I could totally go for a Butter Beer. But after the day I had, I think a Hog's Head Brew might be in order. What do you say Universal? I'm a Potter Fanatic & a Universal Lover... Come on!

I agree. No fun anymore. I am actually considering canceling my AP now as this has become draconian.

I will tell you all now that a Universal Ride Engineer was poking around trying to find out who I was yesterday. It was done in a most sneaky fashion which has nothing to do with this website (although he is a member of this website (actually he has two usernames now)). Thus my curious post about Bucknell University which I have since modified. I have let him know that I wasn't pleased being stalked. I wasn't going to mention this at all... but now I feel compelled to.

Last edited:
Who cares if we know what's in the ride? There's going to be full reports in just a few weeks on the entire ride experience. Riders aren't going to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I say they should put their focus more on the YouTube videos sure to come when the ride opens instead. Or maybe not. Even that's good publicity.

No offense to Scott but you haven't even given us that much information that would cause anyone in legal to care. Dome screens? We've known this and had pictures for months. Screen Goo? Who the hell cares?

Universal only has a few weeks before soft openings happen and then the entire kuka's out of the bag.

Who cares if we know what's in the ride? There's going to be full reports in just a few weeks on the entire ride experience. Riders aren't going to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I say they should put their focus more on the YouTube videos sure to come when the ride opens instead. Or maybe not. Even that's good publicity.

No offense to Scott but you haven't even given us that much information that would cause anyone in legal to care. Dome screens? We've known this and had pictures for months. Screen Goo? Who the hell cares?

Universal only has a few weeks before soft openings happen and then the entire kuka's out of the bag.

I imagine its more of an issue of discussing the ride systems...I know they'd want to keep those under wraps

I'm keeping my eyes open and ears to the ground for TM previews...hoping within the next couple weeks :) :)

Last edited:
Hold on, we can discuss what ever the hell we want on this forum and Universal can't do jack about it UNLESS i go commando and take some photos of the ride building which would be hard as i'm in the UK. Discuss what ever you want guys, draw diagrams, make RCT3 models. Make random guesses at anything they CANNOT stop us for speculating! Don't be scared away cause it looks like you all are.

I'm not surprised Universal's taking a hard line. Legal folks tend to be about butt-covering more than PR. They're going to use language that ensures their targets cannot plea ambiguity if push comes to shove. Remember that advertising is BIG money, and Universal is going to want to control information to maximize their bottom line.

I doubt Universal has a problem with most of us here. We can speculate and analyze to our hearts content without repercussion. The only folks that they can come after are those who signed an NDA or received information with caveats (Scott could get into trouble if his information was received in emails that contain the standard corporate "this email is to be read by the intended recipient...cannot be shared...etc."). Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the board can be taken down if it is distributing information that was obtained in violation of one agreement or another.

That said, I would be very unhappy to discover that Universal is making threats on legally obtained info. As far as I know, stuff visible from the air or from a public space is not protected. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Finally, is there an official policy for privacy protection on this site? Under what conditions would the moderators give out identifying information? Never unless court-ordered? Moderator's discretion? Any official request?