The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to say that Universal as of late has had a real stick up their ___ ever since DisneyHead took the first helicopter tour. They put security behind walls & in front & if you remember even had DisneyHead delete pics off his camera. Universal was very late to the game about be so secretive & now they think they can use scare tactics to Scott & try to stalk Teebin really?!?! Honestly Universal get a grip if you wanted things to stay under wraps you should have started being __ from the start about anything other than a press release. In less than a month it will all be out in the open so Universal just shut it & enjoy the free publicity.

Right, and are the chopper pics still up? Everyone sneered at me a few days ago when I asked where Disneyhead was. Does this give any of you pause to rethink that?

Heck I'm almost willing to bet they bought him out because he was too good. Look for him in the background shots with the rest of the media on opening day lol. But yeah this is just crazy like I said if they were so worried about it than they should started being this way from the start

I would say back to topic, but there's nothing on topic to discuss besides stuff that Uni is being stupid about and not letting us discuss. Who cares if we know how the ride works? We know how every other ride they have works. It's not like its magic that makes the benches fly.

However, don't go posting stuff that there are rules against, because the Mods are beig weak enough to cave in and will ban you. I have no doubt about that. It does violate our Internet rights, though, that we can't talk about fair game on a public forum.

Heck I'm almost willing to bet they bought him out because he was too good. Look for him in the background shots with the rest of the media on opening day lol. But yeah this is just crazy like I said if they were so worried about it than they should started being this way from the start

I'm actually worried now, Dave if your out there put just one post saying your ok :D

I bet universal have given him a NDA as he said he would willingly sign one.

#4 I think the user Just some Dude is 100% correct on his assumptions on how the ride will work. He seems to know a LOT about this sort of thing...possible he's an insider?
Haha... I do appreciate the sentiment. I can assure everyone I'm in no way, shape, or form an insider of any kind whatsoever. I live in NY, and haven't worked in any way in the theme park or entertainment industries. I am at best a theme park attraction and show enthusiast. I majored in engineering and have a degree in Mathematics. Anything you read from me is based mostly on "how I'd do it" if I was trying to problem solve or simplify things as an amateur engineer - nothing is based on advanced technical knowledge or insider information, believe me.

I do have insider information (through a "contact") of a non-Universal theme park expansion, but I haven't said anything about that on any forums. When it comes to WWoHP and FJ, I know nothing more than what's been posted by others in the HP threads here or Screamscape or the like.

You can, however, catch me this December in Tron Legacy. :thumbs:

No offense to Scott but you haven't even given us that much information that would cause anyone in legal to care. Dome screens? We've known this and had pictures for months. Screen Goo? Who the hell cares?

Universal only has a few weeks before soft openings happen and then the entire kuka's out of the bag.

It's all about the money, and any legal department is built around keeping the company's money where it belongs. The deal with Kuka is huge. It's exclusive for theme parks as far as we know, and the investment in FJ is significant. And Universal owns it. They have the right to keep secrets about what they're doing, and to protect those secrets by claiming that they "own" information about them, and their well-paid lawyers will do better than us in court proving it.

That being said, I have a hard time seeing where ScottInNY stepped out of bounds. And that's probably because I didn't come up with these multi-million dollar secrets. Universal did, and at a great expense, so they probably read our posts differently -- and Universals legal department reads them VERY differently. I totally agree that our support, word-of-mouth, and the energy our speculation creates will be a blessing to Universal. But I bet their putting their financial cards in FJ -- that this hyped-up "Harry Potter"-branded secret, is going to get their books back into the black. Uni's in the hole about one billion dollars, if you haven't heard. So they mean business about their new business.

I'm not defending Universal, just explaining. I love this speculation and picking apart the small pieces of the puzzle we get, especially now that we have a date to count down to.

Oh, and the dragons are still red and blue. Just thought I'd mention that....

Heu guys we can discuss what we want (except scott, sorry bro). But we can discuss anything! We just can't relay insider scoops. Let's talk using what we have, like theories on transitions!

Last edited:
I miss Disneyhead. I do wish he'd stop in to say he is around. Also Teebin, I never said anything to you about Disneyhead's disappearance when you brought it up because I, too, thought it was odd. I had no information. I still have no information. I do wish I could see some pics of a park update...

It's strange that I never once received a communication from Universal legal back when I was running the mebweb.com IOA preview site in the late 90's.
Man I was all over that site back in the day. I wasn't sure if you were "the" mebweb, but I had a suspicion. The internet was so primitive back then haha.

I, for one, would like to see the following:

-A list of information/pictures that this board considers grounds for banning. I've seen threats of bans bandied around here lately but I have yet to see official word on what constitutes violation of policy. It seems the very things that will "get you banned" were just well and fine a few months ago.

-Documentation somewhere that posting stuff that you were told on a forum has ACTUAL legal ramifications in the real world, because I highly doubt it. Someone please prove this to me, because I can't see someone brought up on charges because John Doe told him they were using goopy white paint and then you went and told people that.

-Further documentation that reposting a threatening email from anyone has ACTUAL legal ramifications. Honestly, I'd love to know how that can get you in trouble.

Honestly this all sounds like a bunch of drama queen bullsh*t to me. Cry all you want but that's my opinion. Plenty of other members have posted just as much 'insider' info, and no recourse has been taken against them.

That being said, (if we are to assume this whole thing has ANY shred of validity), this whole situation could have been easily avoided. If you truly believe in the Universal Spooks and the idea that they are 'out to get you', why would you be posting KNOWN insider information on a forum registered under your real legal name, and do so from your personal computer connected to internet service which is under an account from your real name anyway. Duh. Make a new account and post from free wifi at McDonalds. Lesson learned, kids.

Also maybe don't draw unnecessary information to yourself by bragging extensively about "inside sources" ad how cool it is that you got this info. (this is NOT directed at anyone specific!) but there has been a good amount of inside info we got from small posts made without fanfare from users who subsequently disappeared. this is how you leak info. quietly and properly. then no one gets in trouble, if there's trouble to get into.

I think one of two things are happening. Either Universal is making empty threats to get someone to shut up and possibly give up their source (and that person will get in trouble for violating an NDA), or someone made a big deal about something that ended up being already known info and wanted to end their story with a bang when they had no more info to give. Sorry dude but your account is barely a month old. I am startingto think when you found out about the domed screens you didnt realize we had discussed it before you had registered. Or not. Im not trying to pick fights, I'm just calling the situation out as I see it.

Either way someone is full of crap, whether it be you or Universal. Until someone shows me how this dome discussion is in any way illegal, I dont for a second believe anyone is going to get in actual trouble. he person who leaked info violated an NDA. No one here signed one. The only thig they can do is try to strongarm the name of who actually violated out of you.

I also don't believe that OU would actually get in much trouble for posting "forbidden" pics either. Im of the firm belief that Universal threatens sites like this and they take it down to avoid possible problems, but really Uni getting th pics down is just causing more hype for the ride. They're playing their PR cards very well imo.

I agree. No fun anymore. I am actually considering canceling my AP now as this has become draconian.

I will tell you all now that a Universal Ride Engineer was poking around trying to find out who I was yesterday. It was done in a most sneaky fashion which has nothing to do with this website (although he is a member of this website (actually he has two usernames now)). Thus my curious post about Bucknell University which I have since modified. I have let him know that I wasn't pleased being stalked. I wasn't going to mention this at all... but now I feel compelled to.

Curious...

I could have sworn I said to move it right along. Since we seem to be ignoring my statement, I am going to issue an explanation and this will be the last I better hear of this discussion on the boards.

First off, Orlando United has always frowned upon posting images that were obtained by trespassing. We've had several occurences where we would have to issue a warning about posting such images (ie HHN 18 Blueprints) and everyone understood and accepted the rules. Bottom line, this isn't something new.

As far as information goes, this is a public forum so you are welcome to share whatever you please. Speculate to your hearts' content. That said, if you go around parading "I have someone in the know", dont be surprised if Universal wants to ask questions. Whatever legal rammifications that may come are between you, the member, and Universal. I am not your lawyer, I am the administrator. I have to look for what is best for the site. Any information posted, unless otherwise "Officially Released" by Universal is speculation. What you have to understand is that Universal had employees sign a "non-disclosure clause" that prohibits information from being released. Somewhere along the chain of information, someone is breaking the law. It's not my place to investigate, that is up to Universal.

The members who were contacted by Universal, leave it off the boards. Don't bring your complaints about it here. If you have an issue with the email, share the issue with the sender. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't belong on the Potter Discussion.

Also, those who skipped over the guidelines, please refresh your memory.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

I've been running a website for close to 3 years, and those who know me have come to know that I am a lax admin. So when I say knock it off, I mean it. Any more discussion about this legal nonsense and you will receive a One Week Ban. The Staff is sick of seeing it. You want to talk about it, take it off the boards.

So just to sum things up. Use common sense when you post pictures. As far as what is discussed, discuss about Potter all you want. Speculation is key.

I've been running a website for close to 3 years, and those who know me have come to know that I am a lax admin. So when I say knock it off, I mean it. Any more discussion about this legal nonsense and you will receive a One Week Ban. The Staff is sick of seeing it. You want to talk about it, take it off the boards.

Amen!

Back to topic, i'm curious about photos of the show building as it was being built. We could get a good idea of the rides layout and set size from them.

Universal obviously doesn't want private information about TWWoHP released. One of the goals of a PR department is to deliver unreleased information to the public through very few sources. The minute secret information is released by someone OTHER than Universal, the PR department is unable to control the excitement, the hype, that is going to attract visitors to IoA, the main reason for creating a PR department in the first place.

Universal likes it's secrets. And since the PR team has no authority or threatening power, the job of eliminating information leaks is up to the Legal Department. Legal Departments tend to scare people away, as that's what they're supposed to do, and I wouldn't expect any response from Universal unless more information is leaked.

I'm not sure about the legality issues of all of this, but my best advice would be not to do anything, just to drop it all. The power of companies as big as this is unimaginable, and testing them with something that could cost them profit in attendance, while the company is in severe debt, is not the brightest idea.

EDIT: Sorry BriMan, just saw your post after I posted mine, not trying to stir any trouble here.

Last edited:
I could have sworn I said to move it right along. Since we seem to be ignoring my statement, I am going to issue an explanation and this will be the last I better hear of this discussion on the boards.

First off, Orlando United has always frowned upon posting images that were obtained by trespassing. We've had several occurences where we would have to issue a warning about posting such images (ie HHN 18 Blueprints) and everyone understood and accepted the rules. Bottom line, this isn't something new.

As far as information goes, this is a public forum so you are welcome to share whatever you please. Speculate to your hearts' content. That said, if you go around parading "I have someone in the know", dont be surprised if Universal wants to ask questions. Whatever legal rammifications that may come are between you, the member, and Universal. I am not your lawyer, I am the administrator. I have to look for what is best for the site. Any information posted, unless otherwise "Officially Released" by Universal is speculation. What you have to understand is that Universal had employees sign a "non-disclosure clause" that prohibits information from being released. Somewhere along the chain of information, someone is breaking the law. It's not my place to investigate, that is up to Universal.

The members who were contacted by Universal, leave it off the boards. Don't bring your complaints about it here. If you have an issue with the email, share the issue with the sender. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't belong on the Potter Discussion.

Also, those who skipped over the guidelines, please refresh your memory.

So just to sum things up. Use common sense when you post pictures. As far as what is discussed, discuss about Potter all you want. Speculation is key.

Thank You! It was driving me crazy too! C'mon guys, lets just stick to all WWoHP. Considering that is the name of the thread...

What Universal should most be concerned about is if somehow details of the ride storyline gets leaked. Although, once the ride opens, that will be just as moot of a point as a photo of yellow benches held in the hands of Galvatron.

Thanks for clarifying BriMan.

:spongebob:

So, what other physical special effects do you speculate they are using? We know that the dragon, whether it be a horntail or not, will breath fire at us (we will actually come "face-to-face" with it). What other kinds of things besides the fire, the snow effects, etc. do you think that they will be utilizing in FJ? Has anyone thought of anything realistic that we don't already know?

--- Update ---

Amen!

Back to topic, i'm curious about photos of the show building as it was being built. We could get a good idea of the rides layout and set size from them.

Photos like this one?

mapcomparison.jpg

Thanks for clarifying BriMan.

:spongebob:

So, what other physical special effects do you speculate they are using? We know that the dragon, whether it be a horntail or not, will breath fire at us (we will actually come "face-to-face" with it). What other kinds of things besides the fire, the snow effects, etc. do you think that they will be utilizing in FJ? Has anyone thought of anything realistic that we don't already know?

--- Update ---

Photos like this one?

mapcomparison.jpg

Well they did mention the Floo Powder. I am curious to see how that will work.