The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmm.
Thank you, Universal, for being here and actually maybe listening to us.
Thank you, Scott, for doing what you can just for our sake.
Thank you, BriMan, for knowing that it would be devastating for the forum to be in trouble, and acting accordingly.
Thank you, ALL, for making this forum amazing.
Thank you, all dedicated people, for taking great pictures and providing great insights.

I think this new rule is great. It is what we need for what Universal might have to offer. And Universal also needs us to stop being to damn nosy! We are all sorry, and honestly will not keep going off and veering in places into which we shouldn't be. :]

I took pictures of the WWoHP when I went on the 28th. However, I am having trouble posting and uploading them. Can anyone please give me step-by-step directions for this?

amonuniversal, to post, you have to join an image-storing website. I use TinyPic. Once there, just make an account and upload your pictures. On the page of each of the pictures, there should be a box with a couple lines of text that looks like a couple links. The one with

I'm wondering if the Floo powder might be done on the dome screen at the beginning? If so i'd be slightly disappointed because it would be a really awesome physical effect. Maybe the ride starts with a physical floo powder effect and then when we re-emerge from another fire place it will be in front of the first dome screen, a way to make the transfer from real to screen less awkward...anyone?

I'm wondering if the Floo powder might be done on the dome screen at the beginning? If so i'd be slightly disappointed because it would be a really awesome physical effect. Maybe the ride starts with a physical floo powder effect and then when we re-emerge from another fire place it will be in front of the first dome screen, a way to make the transfer from real to screen less awkward...anyone?

Well done. I like the way you think.

domes and keeping the sound within each

Maybe the transitions from real world to dome screen could be achieved by going in to a dark area and then the next time you see the light it's actually on the screen. Then when we go back to real stuff we suddenly dive into a cavern on screen and in the dark we turn away from the screen and then once again we see light except in the next physical setting. I'm assuming they would be able to blend the dome stuff with real stuff to make it Spiderman-esque... I know spiderman is 3D but I'm sure with all the technological advances there have been this transfer will be smooth.

I am assuming that as each arm reaches a dome a "scene" will start to play...so potential you will have 4 or so of these scenes going at any given time if 4 kuka's are in the "carousel". My question is how will they keep the sound of each individual dome separate from spilling over into the dome in front (or behind)...since each dome will be in a different part of the scene compared to the arm in front of you and the arm behind you.....

Thats a heavy handed request as he could get into legal trouble for reposting it. Universal have shocked me if they have spoken to a loyal fan in such a aggressive tone, I have the photos that were released of the cars and the castle backstage saved on my computer and many others do, I could re-post them at my own will. They can try and sue all of us but leaked info spreads like a virus.

Defend yourself ScottInNY, They have no right to do something like that to you.

Thank you. I wrote back. I made it clear that I meant them no harm. Mostly, I was taken back by the tone of their email. Clearly the Vice President, Business and Legal could use a lesson in professional - yet polite - business etiquette. I'm actually surprised that they just didn't kindly ask me to stop posting and resorted to very carefully implied threats.

Truth be told, this is all very silly. Most of you here, who have read my posts know that I only wanted to amuse us and keep the conversation going. I have nothing but the deepest admiration and respect for the artists who are realizing this project. Implying otherwise stung, but in the end, it too is meaningless.

I would say to Universal that they really should reconsider how they initially approach people. Don't assume. Mostly certainly don't assume that trying to scare someone is the most effect means for communicating your concerns.

That and I really do hope that they respond to this forum.

Golly, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is going to so pretty. And I hear it will have special effects and stuff. Geeez... I am so excited about it. I wonder if the snow on the houses is real and how they do that? Shure confonds me. I kind a heard they are going to have what they call kuuky vehicles. That must be kinda like the kuuky vehicles on that cat in his hat ride. I like how they are making the rest of the park clean and purdy. I like clean and purdy. Kinda like they triple sweep it to remove any apparent dirts... I don't likes dirts and stuff... like I even triple sweep my puter. Yep, I sweep it kleen, triple sweep it. Shure takes a long time but we alls know those themey parks are cleaned all nite long!

I am so excited about this I just pee'd my pants! Gotta go fer now.

Really now?

Guys, enough is enough. I can assure you it is legit. Let's all move on to Potter talk.

I hadn't read your post when I typed my earlier one. Thank you for verifying my account. Also, please can you tell me if Universal asked you for my personal information and if you provided it. I am very curious how they were able to find me.

I am assuming that as each arm reaches a dome a "scene" will start to play...so potential you will have 4 or so of these scenes going at any given time if 4 kuka's are in the "carousel". My question is how will they keep the sound of each individual dome separate from spilling over into the dome in front (or behind)...since each dome will be in a different part of the scene compared to the arm in front of you and the arm behind you.....

Maybe the sound will be right at your ears like on HRRR. The sound will be just loud enough that the other people won't hear your audio.

Golly, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is going to so pretty. And I hear it will have special effects and stuff. Geeez... I am so excited about it. I wonder if the snow on the houses is real and how they do that? Shure confonds me. I kind a heard they are going to have what they call kuuky vehicles. That must be kinda like the kuuky vehicles on that cat in his hat ride. I like how they are making the rest of the park clean and purdy. I like clean and purdy. Kinda like they triple sweep it to remove any apparent dirts... I don't likes dirts and stuff... like I even triple sweep my puter. Yep, I sweep it kleen, triple sweep it. Shure takes a long time but we alls know those themey parks are cleaned all nite long!

I am so excited about this I just pee'd my pants! Gotta go fer now.

Sounds like people from my city :rofl:

You've lightened my mood Teebin, thanks :)

I wouldn't mind one last photo update of everything, any takers?

Really now?

I have to admit I was LMAO :rofl:

--- Update ---

Thank you. I wrote back. I made it clear that I meant them no harm. Mostly, I was taken back by the tone of their email. Clearly the Vice President, Business and Legal could use a lesson in professional - yet polite - business etiquette. I'm actually surprised that they just didn't kindly ask me to stop posting and resorted to very carefully implied threats.

Truth be told, this is all very silly. Most of you here, who have read my posts know that I only wanted to amuse us and keep the conversation going. I have nothing but the deepest admiration and respect for the artists who are realizing this project. Implying otherwise stung, but in the end, it too is meaningless.

I would say to Universal that they really should reconsider how they initially approach people. Don't assume. Mostly certainly don't assume that trying to scare someone is the most effect means for communicating your concerns.

That and I really do hope that they respond to this forum.

I hope we cut Scott a break. He was probably writing this when BriMan posted.

I think that the email you received (ScottinNy) was uncalled for from Universal as all the details are going to come out in less than 2 months anyways. So I really do not understand why they would be upset. One more thing is that you should always used an email that does not contain any person information such as your real name or location(hopefully this will not come back to haunt you Scott). I do not condone this last statement but if you have REAL insider information and want to share then that is what you should do and they would have never known who you are.

I never wanted to share any information that would harm Universal or any of the fans. To be honest, I was figuring it out, just like the rest of you. I had access to a "lead" and that with a few hours of google, I found some stuff out. I shared it. I tried to make it fun and exciting, because I too love coming here and sharing some time with you all.

Universal just got nervous. They should have written a nice letter and things would have been fine.

Mostly, I agree with "dude"... this is all good publicity for them. I am a bit confused as to why they wanted to stop our discussion. It seems perfectly harmless to me.

--- Update ---

since they seem to be hanging on are every word...i think universal should pick some board members to go preview and discuss this ride. It's obvious that the people on this board are some of the biggest fans around.

So how bout it, treat some board members to butter beer?

Please uni?

i love this idea!

Who cares if we know what's in the ride? There's going to be full reports in just a few weeks on the entire ride experience. Riders aren't going to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I say they should put their focus more on the YouTube videos sure to come when the ride opens instead. Or maybe not. Even that's good publicity.

No offense to Scott but you haven't even given us that much information that would cause anyone in legal to care. Dome screens? We've known this and had pictures for months. Screen Goo? Who the hell cares?

Universal only has a few weeks before soft openings happen and then the entire kuka's out of the bag.

Thank you for this. And, you're absolutely correct. All I did was provoke the conversation. Some people enjoyed it and we got some pretty cool posts. Some people thought I was full of it. Life goes on.