The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never wanted to share any information that would harm Universal or any of the fans. To be honest, I was figuring it out, just like the rest of you. I had access to a "lead" and that with a few hours of google, I found some stuff out. I shared it. I tried to make it fun and exciting, because I too love coming here and sharing some time with you all.

Universal just got nervous. They should have written a nice letter and things would have been fine.

Mostly, I agree with "dude"... this is all good publicity for them. I am a bit confused as to why they wanted to stop our discussion. It seems perfectly harmless to me.

--- Update ---

i love this idea!

Trying to help you out here. You need to go back to page 140. I for one enjoy your insights and don't want to see you banned, even for a week.

Last edited:
I am assuming that as each arm reaches a dome a "scene" will start to play...so potential you will have 4 or so of these scenes going at any given time if 4 kuka's are in the "carousel". My question is how will they keep the sound of each individual dome separate from spilling over into the dome in front (or behind)...since each dome will be in a different part of the scene compared to the arm in front of you and the arm behind you.....

Perhaps the speakers will be on the ride vehicle so that only the riders hear the scene?

Golly, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is going to so pretty. And I hear it will have special effects and stuff. Geeez... I am so excited about it. I wonder if the snow on the houses is real and how they do that? Shure confonds me. I kind a heard they are going to have what they call kuuky vehicles. That must be kinda like the kuuky vehicles on that cat in his hat ride. I like how they are making the rest of the park clean and purdy. I like clean and purdy. Kinda like they triple sweep it to remove any apparent dirts... I don't likes dirts and stuff... like I even triple sweep my puter. Yep, I sweep it kleen, triple sweep it. Shure takes a long time but we alls know those themey parks are cleaned all nite long!

I am so excited about this I just pee'd my pants! Gotta go fer now.

Teebin that was awesome!

I'm not surprised Universal's taking a hard line. Legal folks tend to be about butt-covering more than PR. They're going to use language that ensures their targets cannot plea ambiguity if push comes to shove. Remember that advertising is BIG money, and Universal is going to want to control information to maximize their bottom line.

I doubt Universal has a problem with most of us here. We can speculate and analyze to our hearts content without repercussion. The only folks that they can come after are those who signed an NDA or received information with caveats (Scott could get into trouble if his information was received in emails that contain the standard corporate "this email is to be read by the intended recipient...cannot be shared...etc."). Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the board can be taken down if it is distributing information that was obtained in violation of one agreement or another.

That said, I would be very unhappy to discover that Universal is making threats on legally obtained info. As far as I know, stuff visible from the air or from a public space is not protected. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Finally, is there an official policy for privacy protection on this site? Under what conditions would the moderators give out identifying information? Never unless court-ordered? Moderator's discretion? Any official request?

Well, you have read the posts and you know the information I offered. I never received information with a disclosure. I am under no NDA. Universal did not directly threaten me. The words are implied threats. Very legal. Very carefully written. Very unattractive.

Not nice Universal. Totally unnecessary.

Well, you have read the posts and you know the information I offered. I never received information with a disclosure. I am under no NDA. Universal did not directly threaten me. The words are implied threats. Very legal. Very carefully written. Very unattractive.

Not nice Universal. Totally unnecessary.

Dude, i know you want to voice your opinion but not on here. Brian has already said this is the END of that discussion. Bottom line, I'm warning you as i don't want you banned. You contribute well, now avoid a ban, change the topic and for god sake don't speak of it again!

Thanks,

Your friendly neighbourhood non-moderator.

Perhaps the speakers will be on the ride vehicle so that only the riders hear the scene?

Teebin that was awesome!

Interesting thought. On Spidey, I believe the music is onboard, but the rest of the audio is in each show scene. If the audio was on the ride vehicle, I wonder if they could use the sensors along the bus bar to trigger the audio and video simultaneously?

Scott, with all due respect, this is Universal's only way of managing things. I know. Now, remember that there is to be no more legal talk, or a ban will ensue.

Interesting thought. On Spidey, I believe the music is onboard, but the rest of the audio is in each show scene. If the audio was on the ride vehicle, I wonder if they could use the sensors along the bus bar to trigger the audio and video simultaneously?

The last time i was on spidey, the vehicles movements and the video weren't in sync. The screen would be black when you entered the scene and would start a couple of seconds later. the vehicle would stop, show the screen picture then start moving while the screen was black. I think its just on a timer, no sensors like on JPRA but maybe a sensor to turn the screens on and off? They do take 3 seconds to reset.

Well I was thinking have all the audio preset so there wouldn't need to be any sensors like HRRR where the audio starts at one point and ends at one point. Just set it so that if one were to sit in the ride vehicle and it weren't to move they would hear all the audio as it would play continuously.

I, for one, would like to see the following:

-A list of information/pictures that this board considers grounds for banning. I've seen threats of bans bandied around here lately but I have yet to see official word on what constitutes violation of policy. It seems the very things that will "get you banned" were just well and fine a few months ago.

-Documentation somewhere that posting stuff that you were told on a forum has ACTUAL legal ramifications in the real world, because I highly doubt it. Someone please prove this to me, because I can't see someone brought up on charges because John Doe told him they were using goopy white paint and then you went and told people that.

-Further documentation that reposting a threatening email from anyone has ACTUAL legal ramifications. Honestly, I'd love to know how that can get you in trouble.

Honestly this all sounds like a bunch of drama queen bullsh*t to me. Cry all you want but that's my opinion. Plenty of other members have posted just as much 'insider' info, and no recourse has been taken against them.

That being said, (if we are to assume this whole thing has ANY shred of validity), this whole situation could have been easily avoided. If you truly believe in the Universal Spooks and the idea that they are 'out to get you', why would you be posting KNOWN insider information on a forum registered under your real legal name, and do so from your personal computer connected to internet service which is under an account from your real name anyway. Duh. Make a new account and post from free wifi at McDonalds. Lesson learned, kids.

Also maybe don't draw unnecessary information to yourself by bragging extensively about "inside sources" ad how cool it is that you got this info. (this is NOT directed at anyone specific!) but there has been a good amount of inside info we got from small posts made without fanfare from users who subsequently disappeared. this is how you leak info. quietly and properly. then no one gets in trouble, if there's trouble to get into.

I think one of two things are happening. Either Universal is making empty threats to get someone to shut up and possibly give up their source (and that person will get in trouble for violating an NDA), or someone made a big deal about something that ended up being already known info and wanted to end their story with a bang when they had no more info to give. Sorry dude but your account is barely a month old. I am startingto think when you found out about the domed screens you didnt realize we had discussed it before you had registered. Or not. Im not trying to pick fights, I'm just calling the situation out as I see it.

Either way someone is full of crap, whether it be you or Universal. Until someone shows me how this dome discussion is in any way illegal, I dont for a second believe anyone is going to get in actual trouble. he person who leaked info violated an NDA. No one here signed one. The only thig they can do is try to strongarm the name of who actually violated out of you.

I also don't believe that OU would actually get in much trouble for posting "forbidden" pics either. Im of the firm belief that Universal threatens sites like this and they take it down to avoid possible problems, but really Uni getting th pics down is just causing more hype for the ride. They're playing their PR cards very well imo.

You haven't been paying attention. BriMan (administrator) has already verified that Universal did message me.

If I felt I was in any way shape or form going to get into trouble, I'd take a very different approach. Think about it. Well, perhaps you think me very foolish.

It is true that I enjoyed posting my "leads". I have admitted that. It was fun. I offered me a sort of popularity. That and $2.25 will get me on the subway. (The cost to get on the subway is $2.25). I get that none of this really meant anything. It's a forum - a social club.

I stopped offering my posts not because I had run out of things to type. (God, knows that I can be extremely verbose. I assure you, others here can attest to that.) I stopped because I was asked to stop and hopefully I understand the boundaries better than you give me credit for.

Anyway, I've been accused of being a drama queen before... Perhaps, there is some truth to that.

--- Update ---

I could have sworn I said to move it right along. Since we seem to be ignoring my statement, I am going to issue an explanation and this will be the last I better hear of this discussion on the boards.

First off, Orlando United has always frowned upon posting images that were obtained by trespassing. We've had several occurences where we would have to issue a warning about posting such images (ie HHN 18 Blueprints) and everyone understood and accepted the rules. Bottom line, this isn't something new.

As far as information goes, this is a public forum so you are welcome to share whatever you please. Speculate to your hearts' content. That said, if you go around parading "I have someone in the know", dont be surprised if Universal wants to ask questions. Whatever legal rammifications that may come are between you, the member, and Universal. I am not your lawyer, I am the administrator. I have to look for what is best for the site. Any information posted, unless otherwise "Officially Released" by Universal is speculation. What you have to understand is that Universal had employees sign a "non-disclosure clause" that prohibits information from being released. Somewhere along the chain of information, someone is breaking the law. It's not my place to investigate, that is up to Universal.

The members who were contacted by Universal, leave it off the boards. Don't bring your complaints about it here. If you have an issue with the email, share the issue with the sender. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't belong on the Potter Discussion.

Also, those who skipped over the guidelines, please refresh your memory.

I've been running a website for close to 3 years, and those who know me have come to know that I am a lax admin. So when I say knock it off, I mean it. Any more discussion about this legal nonsense and you will receive a One Week Ban. The Staff is sick of seeing it. You want to talk about it, take it off the boards.

So just to sum things up. Use common sense when you post pictures. As far as what is discussed, discuss about Potter all you want. Speculation is key.

Sorry, I was just catching up and hadn't gotten to your post yet. I will stop responding to inquires.

I am having the best discussion about the WW of Harry Potter right now! Really exciting stuff. Sorry it ain't here, but I just wanted you to know "the adventure continues"!!!
Ooops... my horse just got out the barn and ran away!!!! I have to go lock that darned barn door so the horse doesn't erm.... get... erhhh... out.

I am having the best discussion about the WW of Harry Potter right now! Really exciting stuff. Sorry it ain't here, but I just wanted you to know "the adventure continues"!!!
Ooops... my horse just got out the barn and ran away!!!! I have to go lock that darned barn door so the horse doesn't erm.... get... erhhh... out.

I din't know u got that fancy newfangled internet way out in dat dere country area an as fer yer horse hope ye can find it afore it gits away from ye fer gud.

I din't know u got that fancy newfangled internet way out in dat dere country area an as fer yer horse hope ye can find it afore it gits away from ye fer gud.

Well, I doos live on 4 akers... so I could have as meny as fer horsers... but right now... I don't have no horsers... but darn it all to heck... that barn is loked really tite now... so I shudnt have no more prablems. I half a feelin that my horse is wanderin all over the interanerts now... I have lorst abowt 500 of them thangs in the past 9 months, an all to the interanerts.

Well, I doos live on 4 akers... so I could have as meny as fer horsers... but right now... I don't have no horsers... but darn it all to heck... that barn is loked really tite now... so I shudnt have no more prablems. I half a feelin that my horse is wanderin all over the interanerts now... I have lorst abowt 500 of them thangs in the past 9 months, an all to the interanerts.

I miss dem dere scoops of icing creem.

Also if we are on an enchanted bench, who are we do believe is pioleting this thing? If my question seems confusing, in DINOSAUR @ AK the Time Rover is driven via remote control by the scientist... Who is flying our bench?