The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Debate who's going to be at the grand opening!

I really hope Alan Rickman shows up. That would be epic.

Well, that would kind of be a disappointment... as he looks nothing like he does in the films. But I locked onto his talent in a certain film a long time ago... He does serious dark like no others. I'll bet he is a friggin hoot in real life. Most actors that can pull darker than dark are. Even Jason Isaacs kinda pales... although he too is excellent and very convincing.

Teebin & zbob1992 you cracked me up. Thanks. Amonuniversal, thanks for posting the pics. It looks awesome.

I cannot wait to go. What I want to know is what candies & such you think will be sold there? Also I almost forgot about the third update from the fansites, I hope that is soon!!

Glad we could inject some humor into this thread haha.

Teebin & zbob1992 you cracked me up. Thanks. Amonuniversal, thanks for posting the pics. It looks awesome.

I cannot wait to go. What I want to know is what candies & such you think will be sold there? Also I almost forgot about the third update from the fansites, I hope that is soon!!

Well on Ellen they showed the Love Potion. Also they showed Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans. Maybe chocolate frogs.

I have a question. I have only seen the photos of The Wizarding World, as I haven't been to Universal Orlando in a while. People have said that entering The Wizarding World from Jurassic Park doesn't work as well.

For those who have been recently, please elaborate, AND does anyone think that this is going to create a counter clockwise exploration of the park? My previous trips to Islands of Adventure always started with a left at the top of Port of Entry. Spider-man and Hulk were always first. Then, we usually did head counter-clockwise and head over to Suess Landing.

I'm interested in hearing people's first day strategy. Include when you're going (summer, fall, etc.) and how you plan to conquer.

I know I seen blood pops on Celebrity Apprentice. Do you think they will have any of the treats that they don't sell anywhere else? I mean, I have Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, Blood Pops, Chocolate Frogs, Cockroach Cluster (which in my opinion is gross) & Jelly Slugs. I am thinking that Universal will sell them in packages that look like the ones in the movies instead of the packages other stores sell them in. But I am wondering if they will sell any other candy.

I have a question. I have only seen the photos of The Wizarding World, as I haven't been to Universal Orlando in a while. People have said that entering The Wizarding World from Jurassic Park doesn't work as well.

For those who have been recently, please elaborate, AND does anyone think that this is going to create a counter clockwise exploration of the park? My previous trips to Islands of Adventure always started with a left at the top of Port of Entry. Spider-man and Hulk were always first. Then, we usually did head counter-clockwise and head over to Suess Landing.

I'm interested in hearing people's first day strategy. Include when you're going (summer, fall, etc.) and how you plan to conquer.

I'd say it will for sure create a new traffic pattern flow. Guests will guarantee head right to HP first and go right through Seuss.

Me and my family do the exact same. But this year i think we will go straight to TWWOHP because i aint planning on waiting a gazzillion hours for the FJ, i'm going to the island, riding FJ, grabbing a butterbeer and exploring the rest. DC and FOTH can wait, i've ridden them both before.

But this new land will NOT fill my whole day, i enjoy IOA as a whole park and this is just a expansion. Not a whole day fiesta in my opinion...

The minute I step out of Port of Entry and see that castle, I'm going to be skipping/running/sprinting to Hogsmeade like the crazed fanatic I am, regardless of how stupid I look. :lol:

Pardon me if anyone has read this too often, but I am SO FREAKING EXCITED about this opening. I can't wait to go. ^~^

When we go in September, we plan on going to the Wizarding World first thing in the morning, then we are going to go back to Marvel & a few other things, by evening time we will head back to the Wizarding World. At least that is the plan my brother & I came up with.

The secondary entrance is just past the JP Discovery Center and it's just a bridge leading to the end(ish) part of Hogsmeade. Between the Castle and the end of Hogsmeade. It is just an arch that has a sign hanging, just like the first one that reads "Hogsmeade", I think. When I went thats where we entered for DD and walked under that arch, but of course, it was covered by a black tarp.

I'm thinking first thing The Wizarding World and as soon as it starts getting unbearably crowded, crossing the lake either on foot or by boat (are they reopening the shuttle boats?). Then moving around the park in a clockwise fashion. I think the spill from Harry Potter will go toward Jurassic Park, but if I quickly get over to the Marvel, I think working clockwise, I might do well with the crowds.

*yawn* it was warm here in central florida today so that must mean the WW was also warm. A sink hole developed in downtown Orlando due to a broken pipe... so that might slow workers from getting to their jobs on the WW. The shuttle docked with the I.S. today... so that is good news for the WW which can continue it's final construction. Oh yeah.. and I saw my first wild alligator the other day for the first time in six years... and I felt as though I had encountered a mini-basilisk. I hope some of you appreciate this news.

Is there really a strategy for this? Everyone and their nerdy cloak-wearing mother will be there. If you want to avoid the crowds, either A) take the risk and go for softs, especially if you are or are friends with a Team Member, or B) plan on attending in October.

Of 2011.