The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
*yawn* it was warm here in central florida today so that must mean the WW was also warm. A sink hole developed in downtown Orlando due to a broken pipe... so that might slow workers from getting to their jobs on the WW. The shuttle docked with the I.S. today... so that is good news for the WW which can continue it's final construction. Oh yeah.. and I saw my first wild alligator the other day for the first time in six years... and I felt as though I had encountered a mini-basilisk. I hope some of you appreciate this news.

And crime in Florida hit a 39 year low! atleast ya'll know your gallions will be safe in the Wizarding world!

I am planning on going opening day. Ordinarily I wouldn't fight the crowd but my friend's girlfriend is very excited to go for her birthday (the 18th) so my girlfriend and I are tagging along. Obviously the park is going to be at capacity, but do you all think that the crowd will be so concentrated in WWOHP that the other rides will have managable wait times? I don't want to wait 2 hours for Hulk and Spiderman.

I am thinking we will get to the gates an hour before opening to get our place in line. Maybe that's not early enough?!

--- Update ---

*yawn* it was warm here in central florida today so that must mean the WW was also warm. A sink hole developed in downtown Orlando due to a broken pipe... so that might slow workers from getting to their jobs on the WW. The shuttle docked with the I.S. today... so that is good news for the WW which can continue it's final construction. Oh yeah.. and I saw my first wild alligator the other day for the first time in six years... and I felt as though I had encountered a mini-basilisk. I hope some of you appreciate this news.

Actually an underground water mane burst. It wasn't really a sink hole. :)

I've been very fortunate to go to Orlando during major new attractions opening..on accident. The first time we went Expedition Everest was doing softs and my mom had planned it a year in advance(nearly) and she had no clue. The second time was when HRRR was supposed to be open.(one other time but nothing major) And this time WWohP will be open and I'm going for graduation. That said, my park flow is sporadic. I usually start Hulk and SM then skip to JP then DD back over to Toon Lagoon SLanding and back to SM for my "goodbye kiss" haha :) Not poor planning though, i never waited more than an hour. Of course FJ will change that...

I know EE isn't Universal but it was a big deal. And each trip involved multiple days of Universal..FYI (as if this matters?)
Just trying to keep this thing moving...or to keep on keepin' on :)

Last edited:
Is there really a strategy for this? Everyone and their nerdy cloak-wearing mother will be there. If you want to avoid the crowds, either A) take the risk and go for softs, especially if you are or are friends with a Team Member, or B) plan on attending in October.

Of 2011.

Hey, I'm leaving my cloak at home!:p Seriously, for Universal noobs like us, the plan is to hit WW right at 8 (yay for staying on-property), stay as long as we can stand it, and then go do other things around IoA. Is there even a remote chance that we could head back to WWoHP in evening hours, or will it still be crazy insane?

Speaking of multiple days, Universal is running commercials down here now promoting a three day park pass because according to them "you won't be able to do it all in three days."

I've had situations with new rides opening, we went the during the first week of softs for the mummy just by coincidence, also in the first couple of weeks for the simpsons and a couple of weeks after HRRR opened. I can't wait for TWWOHP to open and I'm sure the next time I'll be going, but it will be great.

For those wondering about how early you can show up at IoA before opening the answer is as early as you want because City Walk is basically open all night so they won't really kick you out.

Orlando theme parks are very pretty, and very well kept and I expect nothing less from the WW. The rest of Central Florida is a hell hole except for the WW that is being developed by the glorious Universal Studios which is owned by NBC and in turn owned by General Electric. Driving is seriously dangerous in central Florida, yet you cannot drive in the WWOHP, so you should be ok... if you live to get there. Crime might be low, but what is lower than 180%? But I am confident that you will be 90% safe on any theme park property. The WWOHP is going to be great no matter how many meet unfortunate circumstances of the filth and danger that is Central Florida if they step off property... especially Kirkman Road... it is on the news every other day. Regardless, the theme parks are great... but if you have never been before this question; have your children had an ekg for an enlarged heart? Be prepared parents! Don't assume anything about your childs health. Otherwise, I am equally excited about this new theme park, excuse me... themed land.

Last edited:
Orlando theme parks are very pretty, and very well kept and I expect nothing less from the WW. The rest of Central Florida is a hell hole except for the WW that is being developed by the glorious Universal Studios which is owned by NBC and in turn owned by General Electric. Driving is seriously dangerous in central Florida, yet you cannot drive in the WWOHP, so you should be ok... if you live to get there. Crime might be low, but what is lower than 180%? But I am confident that you will be 90% safe on any theme park property. The WWOHP is going to be great no matter how many meet unfortunate circumstances of the filth and danger that is Central Florida if they step off property... especially Kirkman Road... it is on the news every other day. Regardless, the theme parks are great... but if you have never been before, have your children had an ekg for an enlarged heart? Be prepared parents! Don't assume anything about your childs health. Otherwise, I am equally excited about this new theme park, excuse me... themed land.

The first part of this made me think I was in Communist China for a minute lol.

I dunno what Im gonna do. Depends on if I join the circus again or not. Surrender my life to the greatest show on earth for teh summer and go to wwohp later on. Or go make lots of money, spend no time with my friends at all , all summer long, come back feeling like a stranger then road trip down to the wizarding world with people I have to re-learn....

Teebin oh come on Kirkman rd. has some great places to eat in fact I just ate down there yesterday night. But as far as safety 90% sounds about right lol.

To stay on topic if you could only afford 1 food item & 1 merch. item (besides wands that would be a obvious pick) what would you get?

BTW any other passholders find it impossible to log into the site with your pass I swear their site hates me.

Teebin oh come on Kirkman rd. has some great places to eat in fact I just ate down there yesterday night. But as far as safety 90% sounds about right lol.

To stay on topic if you could only afford 1 food item & 1 merch. item (besides wands that would be a obvious pick) what would you get?

BTW any other passholders find it impossible to log into the site with your pass I swear their site hates me.

Food item would be Butterbeer. I assume a beverage counts as a food item. Merchandise item is a bit harder. I am thinking a snitch since I love Quidditch so much.

And just a hint to all of you visitors from sites like mugglenet.com and all of the other sites that love Harry Potter. It you visit this theme park and take a picture in the wrong direction... then you might be thrown out and sued and jailed and if you are from out of country, you will be screwed. So, just be warned that if you take a picture of one thing in the WW... a certain company might come after you and ruin your life. So just go and have a good time, but don't photograph your experience at all. You will not be able to prove you were even there. But hey... what is a theme park and resort supposed to be? A certain department within Uni may or may not detain you for a long time if you take the wrong picture. They seem to be really serious about this. Please let everyone on your favorite Harry Potter website know about this... and that it may not be worth the ramifications.

And just a hint to all of you visitors from sites like mugglenet.com and all of the other sites that love Harry Potter. It you visit this theme park and take a picture in the wrong direction... then you might be thrown out and sued and jailed and if you are from out of country, you will be screwed. So, just be warned that if you take a picture of one thing in the WW... a certain company might come after you and ruin your life. So just go and have a good time, but don't photograph your experience at all. You will not be able to prove you were even there. But hey... what is a theme park and resort supposed to be? A certain department within Uni may or may not detain you for a long time if you take the wrong picture. They seem to be really serious about this. Please let everyone on your favorite Harry Potter website know about this... and that it may not be worth the ramifications.

Could this possibly be related to a no filming or picture on the ride policy?

Could this possibly be related to a no filming or picture on the ride policy?

Nope just some Teebin comic relief. There's not a chance they will be able to stop all the video & pics from getting out unless they have a Youtube task force & even then there are other video sites that are well hidden.

Nope just some Teebin comic relief. There's not a chance they will be able to stop all the video & pics from getting out unless they have a Youtube task force & even then there are other video sites that are well hidden.

They'll call over the staff from Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure. Seems they did a great job keeping the show off youtube.The orlando show anyways..... the hollywood one was horrible.

Well guy, I respect ya.... but that was not comic relief. It was a cannon ball of fact based on what I know happened here in the last 24. But still, the WW is going to be wonderful, I hear it might have an animatronic hippogryhph or is it hypogriff or hipogriff... but I have no diagrams or mockups of it at all. I don't even have any pictures of it being created and tested. I wonder if the ride will be fun.. that is all. I love to imagine... kinda like an imagineer.

Last edited: