The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If the softs don't start for several weeks, I think this thread will either temporarily die or be filled with random crap until then :)
The second one's fine with me.
Reading this thread has become a regular part of my day over the last few months and I've read everything in it and enjoyed it all.

What I'm now doing to get myself excited for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is going back and reading all seven books, starting with the first. It's been years since I've read some of the earlier ones, and it's a nice refresher, since sometimes, what I've remembered from the books gets clouded over with memories from the movies.

I have a hard time sitting down and dedicating time to reading a book while doing nothing else, so I've been listening to the audiobook versions. It's incredibly obvious that the actors from the first movie took a lot of influence from the way the reader spoke when saying their lines.

Also, unless you listen to the first audiobook, you'll never have known that the proper (although stupid) way to pronounce Voldemort is actually "Voldemore".

I just finished listening to the chapter where Harry goes into Ollivander's wand shop, and it was done so much better than the movies. I can't wait to go into the real one myself.

Yeah, I'm so eager about going, not just because of WWOHP, but because it's been 5 years since I last went to IOA and US, and two years since I've seen my sis and her family :D

I keep trying to not think of it as being over 2 months away, but rather break it down into what other plans we have inbetwee, just little things. Like 3 weeks until the craft fair, and then another 3 weeks later I'll be getting my first tattoo (gulp), and then 3 1/2 weeks after that we'll be flying :pound:

I plan on re-reading the Harry Potter books too. I'd start now, but I have to write an essay tonight on a book I just finished reading, then I want to finish my Fablehaven book. After that I will start re-reading the Potter series. I've been telling myself 4 1/2 months isn't really that long. I have a lot of stuff to do in between now & when I go... Besides it will give me time to save up some spending money for souvenirs.

Not excessively, but it is spring break in Osceola County as well as other counties here in Florida, not to mention those visiting from other states. But I don't think it'll be that bad. Just check the waiting times page for Universal Orlando.
By the way, if things work out for me, I'm going to go to both parks on Sunday. NONE of you know how excited I am. (Haha, maybe you do, but I haven't gone in about TWO years!) If Universal doesn't kick me out for pottergasming everywhere, I'll try and get a nice update. :DDD But be warned that I don't have the best camera. She gives 10MP. Here's hoping for the best!
OMG and I'm going on Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit AND Simpsons for the FIRST time. EVER.
I have a headache. Back to more Java schoolwork.

I'm going to be there the weekend after it opens...25,26,27th. I feel like I'm in denial telling myself crowds will be crowded but not uncontrollable. Be honest, what do you think about that weekend?Because I think it may be worse than anything anyone has ever experienced. To the point where it may be unbearable.

Also, wonder if any celebs will be wandering for the first couple weeks. Not just HP actors, everyone from Hollywood as well.

I'm going to be there the weekend after it opens...25,26,27th. I feel like I'm in denial telling myself crowds will be crowded but not uncontrollable. Be honest, what do you think about that weekend?Because I think it may be worse than anything anyone has ever experienced. To the point where it may be unbearable.

Also, wonder if any celebs will be wandering for the first couple weeks. Not just HP actors, everyone from Hollywood as well.

To be honest, I think it will be pretty much at max capacity. You have tons of Potter fanatics that plan on going, plus all the theme park fanatics (that don't necessarily even like Potter just theme parks). So I am sure it will be insanely crowed that weekend

To be honest, I'm expecting it to be worse than normal summers, but not unbearable. A lot of the extras will be people who are focusing on HP and will likely spend a lot of their day there. We plan on running in at park opening (only going on weekdays), doing FJ, then not returning to HP until late in the evening. Perhaps I'm being optimistic but I can't picture every ride having a 3-hour wait all day on all three days we go (I'm not even sure what max capacity is in terms of wait times).
Plus it's still June, most UK schools don't get out until the start of July. It's still a recession too.

Hopefully then after we finish Harry Potter on the first day...even though my family will still go to the WW, a good amount of time will be spent at Universal Studios and the rest of IOA. Hopefully, the lines will be bearable everywhere else lol. I'm going to make a picture of what I think crowds will be like later.

EDIT: When does school end in Florida? My brother's friend who moved to Arizona gets out in mid-May. Kids will be a huge factor with the families.

Last edited:
It's summertime. Your in a theme park. They've just opened the most awaited attraction(s) in years. It will be crowded.

Keep your head about you and focus on patience and you'll still have a blast.

Has anyone been to IOA on a max capacity day? What were the wait times like on average at the peak of the day? And first thing in the morning/late afternoon/evening?

I'm so excited, I just booked my trip to Universal! I'll be going the week of July 11th. Hopefully the crowds won;t be too big, but I'm staying on site, so express lines, here I come!:tigger:

to whoever was making signatures i would like one if the all mighty:tigger: universal will let you? i want dobby and other house elves

Last edited:
I'd thought about buying an express pass plus, but for $60 for the two of us to use express lines on specific rides just once doesn't seem worth it.

Has anyone been to IOA on a max capacity day? What were the wait times like on average at the peak of the day? And first thing in the morning/late afternoon/evening?

I remember IOA in may of 1999, which was the opening month of the park. Wait times always ran over 2 hours, sometimes the bigger attractions like hulk or dragons ran upwards of 3 hours. I see TWWoHP bringing IOA back to that kind of crazyness.