The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember IOA in may of 1999, which was the opening month of the park. Wait times always ran over 2 hours, sometimes the bigger attractions like hulk or dragons ran upwards of 3 hours. I see TWWoHP bringing IOA back to that kind of crazyness.
Thanks for the info.
Was it two hours just at certain points of the day? I take it it wasn't like that until closing time?

The morning will be the best time to go along with the evening because people tend to leave when it gets late. I'm going to wake up in my hotel room at 8 AM and go crazy. People are definitely going to wake up around 5 for this.

The morning will be the best time to go along with the evening because people tend to leave when it gets late. I'm going to wake up in my hotel room at 8 AM and go crazy. People are definitely going to wake up around 5 for this.

Yeah, unfortunately we have a 45 min drive, but we're planning to arrive for around 8 to give us time to park, pay and get there :)

Brodeurr, I guess we'll see you there! We booked our trip over a month ago for June 10 - 17. That's right, we are heading to the beach the day before the official opening of WWoHP... We are staying 2 nights at the Doubletree, then 5 nights at Royal Pacific. I'm thinking our best strategy is to go to Sea World and the water parks the first 2 days and then the Universal parks when we have the express passes. Keeping our fingers crossed that we can at least get a butterbeer while we are there! Hoping we may even run into a celebrity or two during our stay.

I have been lurking here for a long time, and I for one have really gotten a kick out of all the bickering as well as the insights and speculating. I also love reading many of the other topics on Orlando United since this will be my first "Universal" trip. (Last trip to Orlando was to the "Magic" Kingdom...with a 5 year old, it wasn't so magical!)

I am wondering how the Owlery will work - I called the post office a few days ago to see when they expected that branch to open and they had no idea what I was talking about. (Yes, I was hoping to find my own "insider information" but it didn't pan out.)

So many of you have speculated about what time frame FJ is set - which book, etc... I figure it's called the" Forbidden" Journey because we muggles are taking it :) And my speculation is that it will not follow any one book or storyline, but highlights various actiony parts of the books with the standard "something goes wrong" plot (as several others have also speculated here.)

I just can't wait to hear the first reports of soft opening! All of you who live down there in Florida, keep us updated!!! I for one am not worried about spoilers - you could show me a full HD video of the ride and it could not spoil the in-person experience for me!

Since school ends mid-May for most colleges in the US & mid June for most elementary & high schools, I would definitely expect there to be a lot of families there opening week. I haven't been there in the summertime for a very long time. I usually go for Christmas, tho this year I am going in September (when the kids are back to school). The lines in December were not bad at all. On weekdays there was less of a line than there was on weekends, also first thing in the morning & evenings. That is why tho we are going a few months earlier (and we know the lines will be bigger) we expect that first thing in the morning & the evening would be best for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I won't expect the celebrity event to happen on 18 June. As I wrote earlier, usually they have and film these events earlier and broadcast them on the scheduled day.

On the 18 June, they're going to be more concerned about general public crowd control than trying to create a space for the "stars".

I just can't wait to hear the first reports of soft opening! All of you who live down there in Florida, keep us updated!!! I for one am not worried about spoilers - you could show me a full HD video of the ride and it could not spoil the in-person experience for me!

I can't wait either. I agree I could watch a full video of the ride & it wouldn't spoil it for me either. I know the ride is gonna be awesome!

I think the express passes are worth it if you use it on all the rides though,saves time and you can actually enjoy your day there than just waiting in line all day. But on an added note: Do you think the express on FJ will be open?

I adore theme parks... Over the many years and many visits I have learned lots of techniques on how to enjoy them under all sorts of conditions. I generally avoid the summer months for the "big" parks, but if I am nearby and want a "fix", I have been known to go. When I go in the summer, I don't go for the rides. I go for the energy and ambiance. Yes, I will get some ride time in, but I know that the lines will be long and I accept that reality. Just hanging out and being in the environment is enough on those over-the-top crowded days. In the summer, I tend to only go with like-minded friends. I make sure that the company is totally cool with a different pace, or breaking up and meeting up when appropriate. I also have a no-drama policy. I find overly-stressed families beating their uncooperative kid a real downer, so I avoid scenes like that, like the plague. I do not need to step in. That's what Universal pays their employees to do.

If I'm not tired and have been totally relaxed throughout the day, making the decision to wait on those few "big" lines isn't so bad. I will usually do it with my friend(s) and we spend the line talking and catching up.

The fall is for my crunch ride time. You can go to the parks and have them almost to yourself. Enough people for it to be festive, but not too crowded. I choose my company by how enthusiastic they are. (This is the time when I like to RIDE!)

Also, like everyone here knows... getting to the park way before they open, so you're one of the first inside is the secret to getting some major ride time in when it's crowded.

Last edited:
Scott I'm with you on that now that I'm a passholder I go in the summer to the parks & am stress free & enjoy a ride here & there when I feel like it. The key really for everyone will be just to get there early ride FJ (w/o a express pass to enjoy the entire queue) than if you want to do it again try to wait until late in the day or use an express pass once the line picks up. I wouldn't leave the entire area (minus FJ) till too late though because the end of the day can be when shops are the most crowded. Than you won't be able to enjoy yourself looking around the shops with so many people.

Meh nothing else to talk about really, nothing new is going to be released, we know all the available information front to back. Just waiting on Universal to get the soft openings rolling. I haven't even heard anything about TM previews and we know those have to commence before we see AP/GP previews....sigh, I wonder what the hold up is?

I do not mind waiting in line. Besides I want to take lots of pictures of everything I see while I am there. I love taking pictures of everything. Plus I promised my friends I'd take tons of pictures & post them on my facebook when I go because they won't be able to go for a long time.

Gotta love how Disney can ruin this. When ABC recently reported on the progress of the Wizarding World, they couldn't help but mention that the nearby Walt Disney World resort owned by the ABC sister company is still superior by size.

[video=youtube;utlF50tVKAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utlF50tVKAY&playnext_from=TL&videos=bOYYjnIRYmY&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh%2Bdiv-1r-2-HM[/video]

I mean REALLY, they did not have a good reason to bring up WDW aside from the fact that it's ABC's sister company. Exactly what purpose did it serve to talk about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? :mad:

I hate Disney for that. Why do they have to be so 'subtly' mean? Jealous, much?
The parks and everything there are gorgeous, but the people who own it are just... douches. :[
But at least they showed something about it. Which is nice.
Disney should be thanking Universal for what it'll bring.

Dumbledore looked like a real person to me for a few seconds...and LMAO at the Disney reference. Who gives a :censored:?

I love how Disney has been around for decades and Universal Resort has been around for about 2 decades. Universal, by June, will begin to give Disney a run for their money and will ultimately make the mouse collapse. I like Disney...but that was unnecessary BS.
Evil-Mickey-Mouse--16042.jpg

I wish I could Avada Kedevra you!

I had voiced my worry days ago that there has been absolutely NOTHING that suggests the Chamber of Secrets' inclusion in the ride except for this photo, I really hope they didn't scrap the idea since the American Scenic blueprints were early concepts that were entirely scrapped or altered.

That area is a boneyard, where things go to die. I find it interesting if Uniersal would let a set piece be seen in such a public manner, even if only to team members.