The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What the hell happened here when I was gone? lol Laughed my butt off watching 10 comedians do stand up and now some of your posts tonight were hilarious. This thread has gone insane.

Time to go to Arkham Asylum with the Joker! Some of us may be going more insane than he.

Teebin i love the way you post, your 1 in a million buddy!

I'm sure people will take into consideration the advice you have given us, People will photograph no matter what. If you look in the right places you will find photographs of every part of every park. This will be the same with the WW, Universal can sue who ever they please. Its their fault for creating the desire to photograph the areas in the first place.

And that my friend is legit as Wednesday.

Why so serious Teebin? lol I know what that all of what you said is indeed also a fact. I'm just trying to amuse myself

Did I sound serious? I apologize. I was just stating how much I love Universal and how excited about this new speck of an island. I just wish I had the knowledge of what the big ride might be, and the synopsis of scenes, and the script of what we will hear. That would be so cool, don't you think? Where ever could I post that if I had such knowledge? Maybe on a server in Kyrgyzstan or a neighboring country. Well that is dreamy thinking on my part (call me Drako)... I just love Orlando theme parks... and Disney and Universal and Seaworld. All hail the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! It will be so exciting!

I think we are forgetting that tomorrow is the big day! :rofl:

I forgot it's Thur. now lol I almost tired to correct you. I'm going tomorrow just for a good laugh & to get a pic update.

Teebin the question is did I sound serious? because really I'm never 100% serious night everyone I need some sleep

Ha! Wish I could be in the area to buy them tasty soft pretzels. I mean...who DOESN'T LOVE SOFT PRETZELS? I know who...:rofl:!

I forgot it's Thur. now lol I almost tired to correct you. I'm going tomorrow just for a good laugh & to get a pic update.

lol, time flies by at Orlando United! Looking forward to the photo update. If you can see it, I am wondering if they finally finished the extended part of the greenhouse queue, I haven't seen any sort of "full" pics of the queue in a while. Also, if you can get a pic of that roof that wasn't complete that would be sweet. Lastly, if it is even possible at this point to see over the gates, I wonder if they put the menu in that menu-station-house-thing. Sorry if I'm asking too much of yah man, I understand if you don't have the time and such.

Last edited:
To zbob, I took those pictures in mid May, all fully legit. In fact, they put up a large planter to block where they THOUGHT I took the picture from, but didn't. (don't mean to sound like I caused them to put up the planter, not that full of myself) The conditions were just never good enough again to get a repeat picture when I was there.

I will tell you all now that a Universal Ride Engineer was poking around trying to find out who I was yesterday. It was done in a most sneaky fashion which has nothing to do with this website (although he is a member of this website (actually he has two usernames now)). Thus my curious post about Bucknell University which I have since modified. I have let him know that I wasn't pleased being stalked. I wasn't going to mention this at all... but now I feel compelled to.

You're [blanking] me. I know exactly who you're talking about and so do another person or two. I just thought he was being friendly, but he never responded. That's [blanked] up. He actually did this back at the beginning of March, so I did a little digging and figured out quite a bit. I'm going to extend diplomatic relations to him. Haha. It's funny, because he is responsible for finding out some things I haven't posted because I was being respectful to Universal. Irony indeed my friends.

Last edited:
On our first day, on opening, I think we'll be sprinting to FJ to ride it :) seems a shame to not take in everything as you enter, but I imagine the queue will already have built up some due to early opening for package holders. We'll ride HP-land rides, then take our time and have a look around the park :)

Yoooo OUer's haven't been on for a while and this threads huge now could anyone give a quick recap of whats been going on for like the last 5 days thanksss :D

Yesterday I went over to Brianorndorf.com and looked through about ten updates from when the park was first announced to what it has been accomplished now. It is amazing that I know where mostly everything is now, yet about a year and a half ago I had not the faintest idea… Someone should post some old time sake photos here. Does anyone have shots of the Forbidden Journey building being built?

Yoooo OUer's haven't been on for a while and this threads huge now could anyone give a quick recap of whats been going on for like the last 5 days thanksss :D
There's been a ton of speculation about various FJ ride mechanics (ride vehicles, dome screens, and whatnot) and content (animatronics and show scenes), and a lot of legal craziness that we can not discuss (see BriMan's post a few pages back for the reason, and read the previous 15 pages to find out how it all started). I think most of us concur at this point that there's very little left to speculate on and discuss now that the project is virtually complete. Exterior-wise there's not much left to be done before WWoHP opens, so photo updates don't reveal anything new for us to pour over.

A few photos from the Apprentice lead to some speculation, as they showed scale models of Aragog, the Whomping Willow, a dragon (Hungarian Horntail?), and "something else" (speculated as either being a dementor, the sorting hat, a rabid squirrel, and a pineapple wearing a sombrero (these last two I just made up), among other things). Other than that there hasn't been anything new, unless you haven't seen the Ellen video, which had some cool stuff.

Last edited:
Does May 8 in Orlando have any special significance, just interested in that IOA has slightly longer hours on that one day of the month.

I have a topic for discussion. Do you think there will be music from the HP films during the actual ride? Do you even want music during the ride? In other words, do you want to feel like you're in one of the movies or actually immersed in Harry's life, where there wouldn't be music playing (unless there were some special spell cast)? "Hey, why is there music playing while I'm being attacked by this ________!" For me, I'm not sure I want music on the actual ride. I don't want this to be simply another movie-based ride. Instead, I truly do want to feel as if Hermoine's spell has thrust me into the chaos of Harry's life, with only the characters' dialog and realistic sounds from the effects. However, I can imagine there may be a few "dead" areas where music would be appropriate for dramatic effect and more practically to mask the sounds of the ride's mechanics.

Soooooooooooooo... it is very hard to tell if people are being sarcastic or serious, even when they say they are being serious (Teebin LOL). If there has been SILENCE! stuff happening in the background could it possibly be that Universal is laying it on thick because possible soft openings are about to happen? Maybe they are sending out warnings to people so that soft opening pictures will not be leaked before the grand opening? I land tomorrow @ 1:30 pm so maybe it is just me hoping but it seems strange that out of the blue Universal would start to confront or contact members after all this time!

Soooooooooooooo... it is very hard to tell if people are being sarcastic or serious, even when they say they are being serious (Teebin LOL). If there has been SILENCE! stuff happening in the background could it possibly be that Universal is laying it on thick because possible soft openings are about to happen? Maybe they are sending out warnings to people so that soft opening pictures will not be leaked before the grand opening? I land tomorrow @ 1:30 pm so maybe it is just me hoping but it seems strange that out of the blue Universal would start to confront or contact members after all this time!

I think we need soft openings just to give us something to talk about!

So, I've missed the past week or so of this thread, so I've decided to go off the grid until I visit the park in June. See you all then!