The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First off, I love both Universal & Disney. (Maybe Universal a bit more. But I still like both.)

I finally got done my essay on Black Like Me & decided to come over here to see what is up. I am so glad I did. Teebin, I love your sometimes cryptic messages. I can't wait to see what it is you know. :) Also, x.claudia.x I am also an aspiring writer & Jo is my role model too. She is my favourite writer. I have a lot of favourite writers but none as much as her. I've read all the Potter books dozens of times and I will read anything she writes. ANYTHING. Even if it is a genre I don't normally read.

I tried to watch the youtube video but my computer kept messing up. Was there anything interesting in it?

I figure if Mr. Greer can request my private information, I can do a google search and post his public domain information.

--- Update ---

Scott's Hall of Theme Park Fame...

The people who really have gone out of their way to make things just a little - well sometimes a lot - less fun:

With all due respect, the person that created this website has asked more than once that you stop posting this type of information here. Without him, we would not have this awesome forum to have these discussions on. I don't think it is too much to respect his wishes.

The man on the right has all to do with why this forum is currently in a lull. He made it very difficult for us to post anything other than the most mundane information. (I will say, he's inspired a whole new - and very amusing - Teebin.)

The man on the left is the anti-God of theme parks.

Having your picture posted next to him is shameful.

Who cares if the forum is in a lull? What's the necessity to have this thread ass 10 pages each day? Answer: There is none! Every other thread on this website sometimes sits dormant for days. Lately people are going to great extents to post something on this thread. Maybe they think it's cool, or this is the only place people notice things you post. It's not! There's a whole site to enjoy while we wait for this thing to open. I'd love to see this thread go without a nonsensical post for 24 hours.

This is not aimed directly at you, Scott. It's for everyone.

It's fine.

If magic dosn't work in the World, can we expect things like park-wide wait time boards that are in every other island. I see these as necessary. I havn't read the books, so does electricity work in Hogsmeade?

So any news on if tomorrow will be the soft opening day for Potter as rumored before? Tomorrow will be my last day in the parks before I come back down in June to work at Universal and Im hoping its open before I go!

I was bored. I'm sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QRCrZP5BS4#t=0m30s

--- Update ---

If magic dosn't work in the World, can we expect things like park-wide wait time boards that are in every other island. I see these as necessary. I havn't read the books, so does electricity work in Hogsmeade?

From Wikipedia
"If one has instant access to magical power, the development of modern technology and science in the wizarding world would seem to be unnecessary. However, a large number of technologically complex devices do exist, and most of these devices exist in the Muggle world. From a certain perspective, it can be seen that Magic and electricity are the equivalents of each other in their respective worlds, but electronic equipment sometimes 'goes haywire' around Hogwarts, and Muggle devices used by wizards (such as cameras and radios) can be made to function using magic instead of electricity. Such examples are rare, however; wizards rarely make use of Muggle technology, nor do they have much interest in doing so, even when such technology might make their lives much easier."

Last edited:
It would be hilarious if SAS proclaimed facts came true tomorrow. Knowing that there are soft pretzels would make my day for that very fact.

To answer your question, no electricity or electronic device of any kind is supposed to work anywhere in Harry Potter's world but we're just going to have to live with it, as much as it hurts our desire for everything to be as close to the books as possible.

But but but I thought we were in the wizarding world! If the wizards can't use it and are inviting us into their world than why would we get to and why would they suddenly start using electronics? *pout*

I just thought about the video of FJ and it says that HHR are in the DADA classroom listening to Binns.... why is history of magic being held in that classroom?

But but but I thought we were in the wizarding world! If the wizards can't use it and are inviting us into their world than why would we get to and why would they suddenly start using electronics? *pout*

I just thought about the video of FJ and it says that HHR are in the DADA classroom listening to Binns.... why is history of magic being held in that classroom?

First off, I already altered my post telling that there is no need for electricity since Muggles' electronically powered devices can be used in the Wizarding World by powering them with magic rather than electricity.

And on the Mugglecast when they talked about the major visit a few weeks back they explained that Hogwarts doesn't currently have a DADA teacher so professor Binns is filling in. So the History of Magic course isn't being taught, but the usual History of Magic professor is substituting for DADA.

BJcool, I noticed that once I sent it and I looked back at your changed post haha. And I never listened to that episode so I didnt know, thanks for clearing it up!

It would be hilarious to have a soft tommorrow but theres no way... lack of staff would be a bad thing lol.