The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hello All, I have been lurking for quite a while (took me a while to read through both topics 1&2)....

ScottInNY, just have a quick question since you are such a theme park enthusiast (or anyone else who may know). I am taking my family to Orlando for the very first time in September. We have been waiting the last couple years for my youngest to get old enough and big enough to truly enjoy his time. We are going the 2nd week of Sept, do you think the crowds will be reasonable even in WWoHP at that time? We are planning on hitting the parks during the week. I am just keyed up ready to hear more after people hit soft openings and even after grand and I guess I'm second guessing things some. Just looking for a little input.

BTW... I heard from Disneyhead tonight. Thank goodness he is doing well and merely out of town for a short time. He is doing just fine and tells me that he will be back tomorrow. He knows that I am sorry that I went all freaky on his disappearance. Many of you will agree that he is such a key to this website being great.

Decemberists, don't get me wrong. I'm utterly in live with the Disney parks. The cogs running them just bug me. :]
And I'll get back to you on that, Teebin. xD

Hello All, I have been lurking for quite a while (took me a while to read through both topics 1&2)....

ScottInNY, just have a quick question since you are such a theme park enthusiast (or anyone else who may know). I am taking my family to Orlando for the very first time in September. We have been waiting the last couple years for my youngest to get old enough and big enough to truly enjoy his time. We are going the 2nd week of Sept, do you think the crowds will be reasonable even in WWoHP at that time? We are planning on hitting the parks during the week. I am just keyed up ready to hear more after people hit soft openings and even after grand and I guess I'm second guessing things some. Just looking for a little input.

If you are staying on site or buying the express pass, you'll definitely be fine.

Yea, I have respect for Disney and I love the parks but what was shown on that news story was unnecessary. "Harry Potter is looking to be amazing...BUUUT Disney World is bigger and far superior." Like what the heck? lol
Maybe if every media outlet wasn't suspiciously advertising WWoHP as an entire "theme park" as opposed to a less than 20 acre land, Disney wouldn't have to correct misconceptions. ;)

I don't understand the sudden, Which theme park is better? stuff. If you want to discuss it, make a new thread. This is for the WWoHP and information. A simple news broadcast has turned into a contest! Both parks are miles away from each other, they both get business b/c Uni is mainly for an older crowd and Disney is more of a younger and parental crowd.

I do know that no matter what, WWoHP will be a success.

Input coming... There is a ton of information out there, and I can help lead you to the stuff I think is really worth reading. Of course, I can help too. Give me a bit and I'll private you. I think my reply would be boring to the general forum.

...there's still an emotional attachment to Disney by fans and guests that Universal will never have. People go there to relive their childhood, or share it with their own children. Universal Orlando simply exists to capitalize off of the tourists in the area thanks to Disney. No vision whatsoever.

I disagree with this statement completely. Universal was the first theme park I ever went to and holds a very special place in my heart. People go to Universal to "relive their childhood" as well. It's NOT just a Disney thing you know. Now does Disney have more of this then Universal, yes it does but that doesn't mean Universal doesn't have any. Now the thing about Universal Orlando simply existing to capitalize off of the tourists in the area may be true to some extent but they same goes for Sea World, Busch Gardens, Wet 'n Wild, the list goes on.

Now the part that really pissed me off was that Universal has " No vision whatsoever." Are you SERIOUS? Maybe you haven't been to Universal before or something. Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, The Mummy, and Men In Black are all great attractions! If Universal had NO VISION then I highly doubt The Many Adventures of Spider-Man would still be considered 1 of the top attractions in the world.

I don't understand the sudden, Which theme park is better? stuff. If you want to discuss it, make a new thread. This is for the WWoHP and information. A simple news broadcast has turned into a contest! Both parks are miles away from each other, they both get business b/c Uni is mainly for an older crowd and Disney is more of a younger and parental crowd.

Haven't you heard? You can't like both Disney and Universal. Apparently that's some sort of sacrilege.

Guys, there is a thread in the Disney, Universal, and Seaworld United forum of this site dedicated to the eternal struggle between the Mouse and Universal. Take it over there, for Dumbledore's sake.

Also, it's evident that the soft pretzel we'd all been hoping for for tomorrow is probably not going to happen.

Oh, and Teebin, I was bored and make a signature inspired by you as a little joke over in the sig thread... check it out, you'll have a laugh.

The WWoHP is going to be great. Shhh... JKR knows about this website now... and she loves her fans and she/they also know about other aspects of Uni and it's fans. I think this is now another aspect that should be considered.

Regardless, this is going to be a great new island if it is great. And if it is not.... well what can you do about that but blame Mark Woodbury and his legal team?

I understand your reactions recently OU... but trust me. You are as safe as warm sand.

Last edited:
It's astounding that this forum has gone from a quiet community to one getting attention from all over. It's a blessing and a curse, but I feel ultimately honored that we are being considered and listened to. Especially if it's true that J.K. Rowling is reading our words... as a young writer trying to make a name for myself, Jo is my inspiration and role model. The fact that this forum is getting to the point that people like her are looking at it is just unbelievable.

We are finally nearing what we've so long anticipated. Kind of reminds me of those seemingly eternal weeks before the release of Deathly Hallows.

As far as me liking both Universal & Disney as a wise man once said "Don't tell me what I can't do!" :)

Teebin I like dump trucks as long as they are not in front of me when driving to the parks they can be a bit slow lol.

Oh yes & to stay on topic as much as Universal wants to upset fans here & there they still are doing a heck of a job & seeing as there is a opening date it mean JK was happy with it. Now is the time to just look at hearing about TM previews I would say in the next two weeks because April will be over with before you know it & soon the butterbeer will be flowing & the dragon will be roaring.

All I know is the day I come on this forum and see that Potter has started its soft opening I'm going to be down there before you could say Expecto Patronum! ;)

Reactions: BJCool