The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I went to the park today and of course they were out of soft pretzels. In fact, they wanted to be clear they were out of soft pretzels, so they placed a large piece of equipment in front of the pretzel stand. OK, I know, enough! We already knew they weren't going to be offering soft pretzels today.

Anyhow, I'm a little bit frustrated with myself today. I was walking towards the 'temp' bridge from Lost Continent and I see Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative, walking straight towards me. I was so tempted to stop him and at least ask for a photo with him. But he was clearly headed towards WWOHP with a group of VIPs. I didn't want to be rude and interrupt his work. Ughh! I'm too polite.

Here are my observations. They are still doing so fairly heavy construction in the area. I noticed that after Mr. Woodbury went in with his group, they were all wearing hard hats. In addition, they are still doing welding on the railings in the greenhouse queue of FJ (I tried to get a pic of that in my photo update below). I could hear the sounds of various other construction equipment as well. All of this likely could be finished up pretty quickly. So, the start of softs really depends on what is going on inside FJ.

Here is a link to the various pics I took today. There is nothing earth-shattering revealed here. I tried to get Hogwarts from many different angles in the park. Some were taken when I arrived and it was overcast. Others were taken later in the day when the sun came out. Enjoy!

http://img21.imageshack.us/g/dsc07054ax.jpg/

Here are a few of my favorite shots:

Thank you so much for these images. They're wonderful.

The show building's been paianted sky blue. Looks like crap imo.

Nitrogen is definetley for temerature reduction.

Teebin, feel free to say as much as you can. :smiley:

--- Update ---

They're not gonna pour liquid nitrogen on us; that would kill us. Nitrogen gas is plenty cold and plenty efficient.
Of course it's plenty cold. That's not my point. As an air coolant, it's inefficient. The essence of using liquid nitrogen is the fact that, in addition to being cold, it produces a thick fog. The point of using it on FJ would be that it produces a fog, not simply that it's supposed to blow coldness on the rider. Liquid nitrogen's main benefit is that it produces a dry fog in areas where a wet fog would do damage to scenery or mechanics. The liquid nitrogen itself isn't all that effective for voluminous cold air that blows on something - again, a good industrial air conditioner with a fan is far more effective and practical to implement.

Of course it's plenty cold. That's not my point. As an air coolant, it's inefficient. The essence of using liquid nitrogen is the fact that, in addition to being cold, it produces a thick fog. The point of using it on FJ would be that it produces a fog, not simply that it's supposed to blow coldness on the rider. Liquid nitrogen's main benefit is that it produces a dry fog in areas where a wet fog would do damage to scenery or mechanics. The liquid nitrogen itself isn't all that effective for voluminous cold air that blows on something - again, a good industrial air conditioner with a fan is far more effective and practical to implement.

I'm not in the biz, but who's to say that's not liquid, but nitrogen gas?

I'm not in the biz, but who's to say that's not liquid, but nitrogen gas?
Nitrogen gas? Like.. in those tanks? Nitrogen gas is colorless, odorless, and makes up roughly 78% of our atmosphere. Nitrogen gas would be useless for any sort of effects.

Last edited:
yeah fog, but at least it won't have a scent like stage fog. And can't it be released very rapidly to create an explosion effect or maybe for traveling by floo powder? (still obsessed with the idea of traveling by floo powder)

Nitrogen gas? Like.. in those tanks? Nitrogen gas is colorless, odorless, and makes up roughly 78% of our atmosphere. Nitrogen gas would be useless for any sort of effects.

Ok just wonderin'.

--- Update ---

yeah fog, but at least it won't have a scent like stage fog. And can't it be released very rapidly to create an explosion effect or maybe for traveling by floo powder? (still obsessed with the idea of traveling by floo powder)

That actually might be a possibility. But I can't wait to see how realisstically they can pull of this effect. Real flames arn't really possible for this situation.

Yeah, this would be my guess. Colored lights shining onto the fog would create a colored fog that could mask transitions between scenes - green lights shining on fog could simulate the effect of floo powder.

^ yeah so maybe green lights and a blast of "smoke" a lil heat and BAM! your on your way via floo network :) though if they did it mummy style, we could have some real flames thrown in though they couldn't be to close. And of course if they are just using it for thick fog than at least we know the forest will be spooky. The more i think about it the more i feel that Aragog is going to catch me off guard especially if his children start lowering toward us...the bigger the spider the bigger the problem i have with it :)

I have a feeling that this ride might be more scary to kids than we think.(Dementors?)

Yeah probably. I think dark rides are already intimidating because of the mystery. Throw in some of the scarier characters that have been feared throughout time such as spiders, hopefully a snake, fire, death(dementors) and the fact that they are all physical beings on this attraction...kids will want to run away from it like they're in a scary movie, but they won't be able to mwahahaha

This ride features sudden drops stops twits and turns and features effects such as fog fire and wind. if you are sensitive to motion or have head neck or back problems it is recommended you do not ride this attraction. It also includes frightening images of your soul being sucked from your face, some parents may not find suitable for children.

I find it odd that ioa is already has a sterotype for "adult rides" and what do they do? they spend millions on a ride is not for children.