The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But lots of children LOVE harry potter, and won't care honestly..Children are so desensitized that even if this scares them, it won't be nightmare worthy. I'm sure they will want to ride it again. But even with a somewhat tall height requirement, my brother is 6 and he could almost ride it, kids are tall enough to do it and 6 is pretty young if you ask me he should be tall enough by christmas. So more like 7 but still.

--- Update ---

Oh great...being spoiler free, this is spoilish but I'll probably forget this post by the time my vacation reaches. I will wet my pants.

maybe don't read? as most of us don't mind. jk i mean...i know what you mean, I dont want to ruin it but at the same time i can't resist

kudos on the height requirement crazy.

even my eight year old sister (tiny) can ride the hulk and I belive the Hulk has the largest height requirement.

Last edited:
kudos on the height requirement crazy.

thank you. Also i get the argument that there isn't much family-style stuff. But of course as rides get bigger and scarier the thinngs that look frightening today will be the warm-ups for tomorrow. FJ will probably start out as "to hot for the hot tub" but will eventually become Space Mountain.

I think the majority of the reactions will be sheer enthusiasm..like "Oh MY GOODNESS that was SO AWESOME" like me when i rode Spider Man

My daughter is six and towers over that level by a few inches, tried her on the movies, she did find them scary. Happy with all the teenie stuff...just too dark for her by a couple of years me thinks.

A friend was telling me about her sister freaking out on Star Tours because she thought they were really in outer space... I wish i was so naive as to think that everything happening at Uni or Disney were real. Talk about immersive !!

My daughter is six and towers over that level by a few inches, tried her on the movies, she did find them scary. Happy with all the teenie stuff...just too dark for her by a couple of years me thinks.

My youngest son is only 5 and he is already over the height requirement but that doesn't mean he is ready for FJ. I'll have to see how it is with my oldest and go from there. He love everything Harry Potter but there are some things I'm just not ready for him to experience yet.

This ride is going to be bad for anyone with arachnophobia, me included. If this huge so called Aragog actually creeps towards the vehicle and I mean close(a couple feet away )...I will freak the fudge out! And my brother will be worse.

Anyone have arachnophobia here?

what if we encounter Dementors with fog being pumped from behind the vehicle somewhere and then the dementors have like a vacuum mouth that pulls the fog towards it and when lit properly you see the trail from you to the mouth ? I think that would be cool, as would the other *thing* that they wanted to do.

^ no I'm assuming in my fantasy world that this vacuum is very strong.

Also if they build the dementors to be bigger than they are in real life they can look like they're closer than they actually are especially if you can't see the ground or ceiling for reference