The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To answer your question Cody, the one and only, Tony Stark.

And it is possible for AAs to get close...definitely not within hands reach, but they could get pretty darn close. And I think Universal likes the idea for spiders...one of peoples' biggest fears...to get up close and personal.

To answer your question Cody, the one and only, Tony Stark.

And it is possible for AAs to get close...definitely not within hands reach, but they could get pretty darn close. And I think Universal likes the idea for spiders...one of peoples' biggest fears...to get up close and personal.

Yes, and that is the only aspect of the ride i find intimidating. :) But I'm looking forward to actually being scared!

Last edited:
what if we encounter Dementors with fog being pumped from behind the vehicle somewhere and then the dementors have like a vacuum mouth that pulls the fog towards it and when lit properly you see the trail from you to the mouth ? I think that would be cool, as would the other *thing* that they wanted to do.
That's what we call a crazy idea... I love it. That would be definitely possible, and a cool effect. I'm not so sure they'll do it, but it would be pretty interesting. A vacuum built into the mouth would probably give the appearance of the fog being sucked it, but I'm not sure how effectively they could pipe the fog towards it to make it appear like it was coming from you, unless they had a fog generator built into the vehicles. That in itself isn't impossible, either, but just unlikely.

I don't know, the Acromantula's are scary, but compared to Dementors and Dragons, not too bad by me. I will get scared when the Basilisk slithers up behind me, first you see its' shadow on Hogwarts' Architects’ face Statue, the Kuka Arm spins around and there is nothing there, the tinkle of the water behind you makes you spin to investigate, before you is the Basilisk himself, you look into its’ great piercing eyes (but don't get killed), and then (the transition from the Animatronic and Chamber Set to Dome Screen) you turn sharply, and with a considerable speed you head toward then fly down the sewage pipes, you hear its scales grinding along the harsh floor of the pipes behind, gaining speed on you fast. Turning, left - right - left - left - right through pipes either side of you at random to escape the giant wrath of the reptile behind you and then appear back in the Heart of the Chamber itself, all seems clear. The basilisk has lost track of you. Out of the pool below the colossal statue burst out the head screaming beast, taking random stabs at your bench, but Hermiones’ Charm is too good and you narrowly miss those gleaming fangs, then, appears Dobby, wearing enough hats for all four of the riders and they live happily ever after with their woolly hats. The End.

*Cough* *Cough* Universal, you have till June to install this scene. Scrap the other for anyone cares, if this isn’t already present in the Forbidden Journey...

Liquid nitrogen would be an overly expensive and ultimately inefficient way to create cold air. It will almost definitely be used for a fog effect. For cold blasts of air, regular air conditioning is sufficient.

I completely agree with you just some dude. Terminator 2 3D uses Liquid Nitrogen for the end "fill the room with fog" effect. Only question that I have is that the placement of those tanks look so temporary. Would you not agree? Does T2 have its LN brought in or do they manufacture it on site? There is a mega tank out back of the T2 building with many different kooky looking connections and tubing etc.

52 (rumor has it)

Actually, a source of mine from within the Dang Ling Toy Company in Beijing, China tells me that there are 79.85 vehicles and each vehicle contains large amounts of isotope Ra-226, mercury and a dash of lead. I know I have just broken about 15 forum rules with this info but it is absolute FACT!!!

Cool thing is, you will have a real "GLOW" about you when you get off the ride. Cool effect huh? Sorry for the spoiler...

Last edited:
Would they ever use the said nitrgoen for a fog screen? I really do not know how they work or much about them so please don't attack me with that one! I'm just saying that b/c of the "rumor" that popped up here once...

4. The Dementor effect will be accomplished with a type of fog screen where a video capture of your face will be projected being sucked out toward the creature as your vehicle backs out through the fog screen.

And to those wondering about any kids or their own on FJ, don't forget to show them the queue, with all the discussion lately I'm not sure if Uni said this early on (i think), recently, or at all, but can't one just experience the queue and then bail out for the kuka palooza?

Also, SPOILER

Since the nitrogen is being pumped into that area of the show building, maybe we can assume that the whole dementor encounter is on the greenhouse side of the attraction (or at least starts there; assuming they're not pumping it to any portion of the building which is obv. easily possible). And based on those inside pics, looks like we'll be going through one of those carousels just before we encounter them. And according to screamscape, this would be at the end of FJ. Just throwing that out there as discussion of the plot/order of events on FJ.

And for all the talk of how scary it will be, don't forget that it is rumored to be an entire army of dementors!

Last edited:
AH yes ! See I love when people start throwing out ideas of what they would do. They can be EPIC. I like knowing other people are obsessed with this as much as myself. And last night I had a dream where i was crawling through a tunnel of spiders, no doubt because I had brought them up on this forum last night. So this is already becoming psychological ! :)

--- Update ---

52 (rumor has it)

Yeah I keep hearing variations on the number. I feel the more, the better.

I had a weird dream last night too, though it was more associated with the park.
My family and I were walking towards the castle. There was no Hogsmeade and no FotH. There was a separate building that hosted the Great Hall that was to the left of the castle. I went through and it was set up like a church and there was an African American preaching some story to a bunch of people inside. They had a copy of the book he was reading from which was red...Then I walked out and met up with my parents and we continued to the castle. Hogwarts Castle, I swear, was taller than the Empire State Building for some reason and it was as wide as a typical neighborhood block. ''

I woke up before we walked in. And I'm glad I did because I bet there was some weird stuff in there too. Oh and I remember a lot of trees so according to my trees, Lost Continent was Jurassic Park.

I absolutely loved Alien Encounter even though it terrified me when I was little. It was a great ride.

So, I am sure even if Forbidden Journey does terrify people, they probably will still love it.