The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was thinking about something after my visit on Friday. If it's true that everything must open at the same time as part of the contract with WB and JK, then it will be fairly obvious when softs will start. They have to move the temporary walls for the queue of DD through Hogsmeade since they completely block access to FJ and FOTH. Unless they decide to temporarily close DD again, either they will do this overnight and everything will open first thing in the morning or DD will close briefly one day while they move the walls. I noticed that all the walls are on wheels, so they could move them out pretty quickly, although it would take some time to move the tarps being used as "roof" over the queue.

Hey guys, been away for a few days and about a million pages to read and cant afford the internet time to do it :( anyone wanna pm me with a quick catch up? and also dont suppose anyones heard anymore wisperings about a soft opening date yet? Cheers :)

I noticed that all the walls are on wheels, so they could move them out pretty quickly, although it would take some time to move the tarps being used as "roof" over the queue.

The tarps were put up in a matter of a few hours. Another example of Uni locking the barn after the horse is gone. They will be taken down just as quickly.

Also, on another note. You have heard the term “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”. I can confirm after yesterday... that if what they are doing works; it will defy impossible. I guarantee you that every contractor that was presented this "idea" said "WTF, are they crazy?"

Even I underestimated this... any of you that are in the biz but were not involved the project and have no idea of what is going on, I can now confirm that this might (if it works) make Spiderman look like a tinkertoy. I am one hard to please guy, but what is going on in the building is beyond belief in scale. I have no idea why the ride vehicle building interior picture was ordered removed now... it is just a twinky piece of "duh" compared to what is in that building. That picture is now incidental and foolish in my eyes. You ain't seen nothin yet. Final note... I am now seriously worried about riding this... as it might kill me.

(clause: if it works as designed)

Also, the riddle continues... last I heard, someone solved "up is down".

Last edited:
The tarps were put up in a matter of a few hours. Another example of Uni locking the barn after the horse is gone. They will be taken down just as quickly.

Also, on another note. You have heard the term “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”. I can confirm after yesterday... that if what they are doing works; it will defy impossible. I guarantee you that every contractor that was presented this "idea" said "WTF, are they crazy?"

Even I underestimated this... any of you that are in the biz but were not involved the project and have no idea of what is going on, I can now confirm that this might (if it works) make Spiderman look like a tinkertoy. I am one hard to please guy, but what is going on in the building is beyond belief in scale. I have no idea why the ride vehicle building interior picture was ordered removed now... it is just a twinky piece of "duh" compared to what is in that building. That amazing picture is now incidental and foolish. You ain't seen nothin yet. Final note... I am now seriously worried about riding this... as it might kill me.

(clause: if it works as designed)

Also, the riddle continues... last I heard, someone solved "up is down".

Too many IF's Teebin, I'm Worried...

I'm sure when Universal design all their rides they go on the "if" factor. Many rides at Universal use unique designs and set up that have many "what ifs". Like ROTM, i'm scared to ride if the coaster becomes detached at the launch, we literally headbutt Ihmotep and burst through the kong track ET style.

Everything is a "if"...

Too many IF's Teebin, I'm Worried...

I'm sure when Universal design all their rides they go on the "if" factor. Many rides at Universal use unique designs and set up that have many "what ifs". Like ROTM, i'm scared to ride if the coaster becomes detached at the launch, we literally headbutt Ihmotep and burst through the kong track ET style.

Everything is a "if"...

You completely missed the point of the post. It is far bigger than you can envision. Far bigger than any theme park attraction I know of anywhere. The rumored carousels are a way to tighten the show so that they have room for the SHOW. IF was used only as an "even if the vehicle can land on mars with its human inhabitants".

Teebin, I think we should put this in to perspective. It's not larger than the show building... Well, actually in the world of Harry Potter, it is possible to enter a tent and it be much larger than it appears from the outside. I suspect that Universal has figured a way to magically create space and the ride is much bigger than the show building that contains it. Ah, magic.

Reactions: BJCool
Teebin, I think we should put this in to perspective. It's not larger than the show building... Well, actually in the world of Harry Potter, it is possible to enter a tent and it be much larger than it appears from the outside. I suspect that Universal has figured a way to magically create space and the ride is much bigger than the show building that contains it. Ah, magic.

Hello?

Thanks Teebin,

Thanks for the meaning of it.
Still, I dont get it. Was this "Hall" ever mentioned? Or ever seen?

or unless this is the hallway where the dumbledore griffin statue is at? I am just trying to figure out the locations.

If you mean in the books or movies.. I have no idea. But it is of total logic.

That would be awesome! Sort of like forced perspective maybe?

Oh my goodness Teebin you are getting me soooo pumped about this ride. But now I'm wondering what is so big, I skipped a few pages but now I see something about it being Huge and something about walls on wheels. I don't know why I'm thinking this but, could they kind of pulse a group of vehicles through at a time and when your group goes through the transition carousel thing the room you were in will get smaller to allow for the room you are going into to get way bigger, thus making all the rooms seem huge???

Nevermind, I went back and read it and you were talking about the temp. DC Que walls being on wheels. And even though my idea is probably not what it is at all, it would still be kind of danderous like you said.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness Teebin you are getting me soooo pumped about this ride. But now I'm wondering what is so big, I skipped a few pages but now I see something about it being Huge and something about walls on wheels. I don't know why I'm thinking this but, could they kind of pulse a group of vehicles through at a time and when your group goes through the transition carousel thing the room you were in will get smaller to allow for the room you are going into to get way bigger, thus making all the rooms seem huge???

Nevermind, I went back and read it and you were talking about the temp. DC Que walls being on wheels. And even though my idea is probably not what it is at all, it would still be kind of danderous like you said.

What about at the Indiana Jones Adventure when the walls move to make you think you are going into a different room but you are going into the same room as everyone else?

Could they do something like that? Moving the walls towards you and just before you enter the carousel, they widen?

This ride sounds so insane the more we hear. As if being at the whim of a missive robot wasn't crazy enough. Now we hear it contains elements that seem impossible. So far the hints have to do with "up is down" a picture Teebin posted within the last 6 months and a reference to Oil Tank being said. anyone want to run with it?

I'm having trouble finding.

Last edited:
riddle is still waiting... and yet even the rumor could not figure it out.

two things to think about. even though they don't apply really but they do, in odd out of sync sort of way.

Hermione falls on top of Harry.

then a line: "(sic) I am sorry for that"

Same movie, two different scenes.

Last edited:
riddle is still waiting... and yet even the rumor could not figure it out.

two thing to think about. even though they don't apply really but they do, in odd out of sync sort of way.

Hermione falls on top of Harry.

then a line: "(sic) I am sorry for that"

Same movie, two different scenes.

I remember Hermione falling on Harry... WHEN THEY WENT UNDER THE WHOMPING WILLOW IN THE THIRD MOVIE.