The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm actually going to say that first one isn't a moving portrait but is a shot of flying over the crowd while playing Quidditch. Or if it is a moving portrait, it will still be about Quidditch. LOL

I'm actually going to say that first one isn't a moving portrait but is a shot of flying over the crowd while playing Quidditch. Or if it is a moving portrait, it will still be about Quidditch. LOL

Its a portrait in which a quidditch player will fly through. Mugglenet said that the portraits move into other portraits and so on. This is one of them. P.S. Read that AAA article, it talks about merch and myrtle.

I POSSIBLY FOUND A VIDEO NOT YET RELEASED OFFICIALLY BY UNIVERSAL!?!?!?!
('Cause out of all the videos that have been reported on here I simply can't recall the subtle differences in this one, or I'm totally wrong, whatever)

[video=youtube;ah0Q9RUV_oE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah0Q9RUV_oE[/video]

• 0:18 - New view of the backside of Dumbledore's office
  • 0:55 - New view of Dark Arts classroom (Notice door closes, possibly automated for trio intro under invisibility cloak?)
  • 1:01 - honeybee8200 notice that footage from Teebin's screenshot is in fact a moving portrait of Quidditch viewers
  • 1:31 - More complete/extended footage of flying scene from Forbidden Journey, more of digitally made Hogwarts shown

Reactions: mantaguy
I looked at my hi res copy of that video... it is a blueprint with an egg shaped something it and his hands cover the rest.

If you look again, closely, you will see that the title at the top of the plans reads "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.." So i think these particular plans were used in the film and perhaps translated for props within the park now. Or maybe this is just footage from the making of from the films...Not sure.

Congratulations all Myrtle-acs. Myrtle in the bathrooms. Pgs. 24-26. http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/aaa_ny/ct_201005/?WT.MC.ID=10081388#/26

Thanks for that. The real eye-opener is the 4 minutes ride time. I was PM'd sometime back from he/she who shall not be named that it was "just under 4 minutes". The person was basically giving a pat on the back at my zealous attack against that 7 minute dunderhead. As I did not know this person and he/she never replied, I felt it best to go mum as I could not confirm the source. It makes sense that they would round it off to 4 minutes.

Even some of the most informed sand hill cranes that I know were unsure of the duration.

:wave:

Last edited:
Im not quite too sure to say about this but nice eye

---Update---

Ok so if you are referring to the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Tour with Mark Woodbury (and i believe you are) video then yes this is a completely different video, and i dont think this video is on the website ether.

One thing i did think off was; is this the bonus material of the latest Harry Potter DVD?

Last edited:
Im not quite too sure to say about this but nice eye

---Update---

Ok so if you are referring to the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Tour with Mark Woodbury (and i believe you are) video then yes this is a completely different video, and i dont think this video is on the website ether.

One thing i did think off was; is this the bonus material of the latest Harry Potter DVD?

No, he is talking about the latest video with Stuart Craig. That is where the blueprint appears.

Am I the only one not fully happy with the FJ flying part shown on the video that BJCool posted.

Yeah, I still hate how absolutely cheesy and green-screened the part appears, like they could have put in more effort to make it look like some of the more believable flying scenes from the movies. Optimistically my thought is it looks terrible because it wasn't filmed to be viewed on a TV or computer screen, but rather the immersion factor of motion added by the Kuka arm allows you to believe it's happening to you in first person. Though even then, it could still possibly look like crap that was filmed in less than three days.

Last edited:
I POSSIBLY FOUND A VIDEO NOT YET RELEASED OFFICIALLY BY UNIVERSAL!?!?!?!
('Cause out of all the videos that have been reported on here I simply can't recall the subtle differences in this one, or I'm totally wrong, whatever)

[video=youtube;ah0Q9RUV_oE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah0Q9RUV_oE[/video]

• 0:18 - New view of the backside of Dumbledore's office
  • 0:55 - New view of Dark Arts classroom (Notice door closes, possibly automated for trio intro under invisibility cloak?)
  • 1:01 - honeybee8200 notice that footage from Teebin's screenshot is in fact a moving portrait of Quidditch viewers
  • 1:31 - More complete/extended footage of flying scene from Forbidden Journey, more of digitally made Hogwarts shown

Sorry, I almost ignored this post because I have seen every video on the media site. Where did this come from? Everyone else who may ignored... it IS NEW. It is also the first video I have seen that actually uses John Williams music.

EDIT: Duh... you did post the time... I was looking at the door over his shoulder.

Thanks BJCool... where did you find this?

Last edited:
Sorry, I almost ignored this post because I have seen every video on the media site. Where did this come from? Everyone else who may ignored... it IS NEW. It is also the first video I have seen that actually uses John Williams music.

BJCool, sorry, but where do you see a door open and close in the video? At what second in the video does this occur?

55 Secs above his head slightly to the left =D

---Update---

Personally i feel the footage shown in this video that is thought to be in the ride is Universal's way of playing a game with us OU'ers
and the we will be very shocked when we see the real footage.

Last edited:
4min. *sigh* unless we are moving the speed of light I think I may be underwhelmed by the scenes in the ride but let's hope that 4min. feels like 10min.

55 Secs above his head slightly to the left =D

---Update---

Personally i feel the footage shown in this video that is thought to be in the ride is Universal's way of playing a game with us OU'ers
and the we will be very shocked when we see the real footage.

Thanks... I finally did notice it.
And I sure hope you are right about the video game style footage that they put out. I doubt it was just to confound OU'ers but I do hope that it is just to stun everyone once they hit the actual ride.

4min. *sigh* unless we are moving the speed of light I think I may be underwhelmed by the scenes in the ride but let's hope that 4min. feels like 10min.

Spiderman still feels like it is longer than it is! And to the new rider, far longer.

Last edited:

4 mins. is fairly standard, but that's not always a bad thing. Indiana Jones Adventure clocks in around 3:30, and that ride is awesome! Quality, not quantity.

BJCool, sorry, but where do you see a door open and close in the video? At what second in the video does this occur?

Thanks Teebin, a recognition is always nice!

It may have been nothing but when the portion of the video that shows the DADA classroom begins, at around 0:55, look very closely to the upper left as the door to the teacher's quarters above the staircase goes from being open halfway to closed. Also notice what supports this theory is that, like what was said about Musion a few pages back, there's a black screen looking texture on the wall just outside of the door. Meaning it could happen like this: You are waiting in line. All of a sudden the door to the teacher's quarters creeks open and shuts soon after, all automated by a robotic door swinging mechanism. Given time to account for the believability of Harry, Ron and Hermione under the invisibility cloak to move in front of the black screen, the Musion effect starts with the three pulling the invisibility cloak off of them and they begin their intro with dialogue/connection to the actual ride. Sounds plausible enough to me.

Finding the actual video was a complete accident, extremely lucky, but an accident nonetheless. It was after your screenshot of Quidditch viewers began the debate of whether it was a scene from the ride or a moving portrait. I completely remembered seeing that footage on an already shown moving portrait from what was called the "Wesh video". I YouTube searched "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" and set the upload date parameter to "This week". After seeing the first thumbnail image of a video featuring the Fat Lady, I clicked it and it started with Mark Woodbury sitting on Dumbledore's desk, so obviously I thought it was an old one. But his dialogue was different, there wasn't captions under the people speaking like there normally are, and John Williams music was playing. Then a new visual, I was going, "WTF is this! Was this something already reported on Orlando United?" So I kept on watching until I found the footage of the Quidditch viewers moving portrait I was looking for, and then the clip of the ride played and I noticed it was less choppy than some we've seen of it.

The description of the video reads, "News PKG previewing The Wizarding World of Harry Potter's main attraction. Sound bites from HP actors and park designers. All footage and audio from Universal Orlando's PR Dept." My guess is that while this wasn't put on Universal's site, it was given to News reporters to edit into their videos like we've seen, they just edited out what was in this full version.