The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My thought exactly since its taking forever to get info out. But I would say more start of May the reports would be released because I doubt Universal would be stupid enough to wait until softs are happening to have sites release what than would be a very outdated report.

But with Universal you never know

Sorry if this sounds a bit ignorant or lazy. But can anyone give us any news on soft openings (if there is any), it's just i haven't been able to keep up with the forum because of uni/work. I barely have a life lol. thanks guys!

My thought exactly since its taking forever to get info out. But I would say more start of May the reports would be released because I doubt Universal would be stupid enough to wait until softs are happening to have sites release what than would be a very outdated report.

I think they said mid-April, so hopefully next week.

Read the last couple pages...wow. Do we actually have a troll...here...on Orlando United?!:stunned::yikes:

Probably two or three weeks. Next week sounds too early still.

My guess is the fan sites will post the third installment in a week or two. As for softs, I agree it will probably be two to three weeks. That is just my opinion.

Just looking through the "Making of FJ" video and discovered some things I am not sure have been discussed. First, It appears we will be flying directly at the quidditch stands at some point, perhaps in a near collision. (conjecture on my part)

Picture6.png

Second, while I am not in the movie making biz, I have NEVER seen a composite shot against anything but a green screen or blue screen. Never a black screen.
We kinda know that the the following was shot for the Musion effect in Dumbledore's Office. Note that the background is black as would be for some Musion effect shots. (not all, but some).

Picture8.png

So, we have two other hints of Musion being used within the ride itelf. Note that both of these are also shot against black screens.

Picture9.png

Picture7.png

Just thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

Last edited:
Just looking through the "Making of FJ" video and discovered some things I am not sure have been discussed. First, It appears we will be flying directly at the quidditch stands at some point, perhaps in a near collision. (conjecture on my part)

Picture6.png

Second, while I am not in the movie making biz, I have NEVER seen a composite shot against anything but a green screen or blue screen. Never a black screen.
We kinda know that the the following was shot for the Musion effect in Dumbledore's Office. Note that the background is black as would be for some Musion effect shots. (not all, but some).

Picture8.png

So, we have two other hints of Musion being used within the ride itelf. Note that both of these are also shot against black screens.

Picture9.png

Picture7.png

Just thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

The first picture is one of the moving portraits.

I agree, it is possible other Musion effects will be used around the experience. Maybe this is their "3-D without glasses" attempt.

*jokes* Teebin it's so spoilerish stop it stop it now I don't even know what a black screen looks like I'm color blind (noted black is not even a color its a shade) But yes this does add up to *POSSIBLE RIDE SPOILER* that the end scene will be of coarse everyone cheering..... before getting eaten by the dragon Hagrid has lost *END OF WACKY FAKE SPOILER*

Oh & BBPH I swear I didn't plan on getting the 3k post & it in no way was it an evil plot to get me noticed & thanked. (anyone else notice how bored I am today)

the black screen tech only applies Dumbledore effect

Musion effect is just a HD video (about 4K resolution) projected onto a transparent screen (not really transparent, only being kind of like a net (screen with many holes) like a IMAX screen.
Therefore it does not need green screen for any background composites.

So once the black is projected onto the musion transparent screen, it doesnt show, only Dumbledore will look real.
I suspect that this Dumbledore will be a little different then Chris Walken in Disaster.
Because Walken was shot on 24fps to 30 fps. normal film rate.

JIm Cameron has tested that if you film at over 50-60fps, the image will look very very close to REAL.
I feel that Dumbledore footage will be shot over 50fps. That is why is sooo real.

The bottom 2 pictures eventho it looks black background but is not.
You can tell it is completely matted. You can see the line muted around the outlines of the people (this is a typical composite program in AE or Final CUt
That means, that is green screened then filter out into black (I think because for this video they dont want to show too many green)
SO, those are green screen shots, obviously the ride films for the domes.
So, (assuming) that Hagrid shot will be in the ride film, as a composite shot video, instead of a Musion effect. Which I belive is only Dumbledore and Harry, Ron, Harmione in the DADA room.
and possible and maybe (that Harmonie shot of she doing a spell with the wand, that is a real black BG shot, so that COULD be the RoR loading (launching) Musion effect where she sends you off)

If you remember the shot (I mentioned this before) of the great hall, where the camera moves from left to right,
check the screen, it is a vertical rectangle doing a squenching shot (like spiderman) which tells us that we will see the great hall only thru the ride video, flying by the great hall entrance door, behind it is the squenching video shot)

thats my 2 cents

yes, the first one is the moving portraits, from the first video that Universal released, they show that moving protraits. Supposely in the Oxford Hallway.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantaguy
Not questioning you at all on this, but how did you know that it is for one of the moving pictures? Was is shown somewhere else in another video?
It seems somewhat odd that it would be in a "Making of FJ" video doesn't it?

I think it's from one of the news videos. It's not that weird that they would have it in there. In fact the "tour" video of FJ, was actually just the queue. By the way, on the blackboard in the FJ "tour" video, it says something like , "Produce a patronus using the spell, EXPECTO PATRONUM." Awesome.

The bottom 2 pictures eventho it looks black background but is not.
You can tell it is completely matted. You can see the line muted around the outlines of the people (this is a typical composite program in AE or Final CUt
That means, that is green screened then filter out into black (I think because for this video they dont want to show too many green)

Well, please consider that I did adjust the levels on those which can make for an overly crisp low-res image. You may be correct in group shot however as I went back and looked at the video and in the scene where Harry is flying there appears to be the slight green reflections (typical) on the top of of his robes even though the background is black.

Edit: Just went back and the camera is moving in the Hagrid shot... so strike Musion on that too. (unless they have a method of doing a motion tracked Musion shot that would be synced with the ride vehicle and that would be over the top me thinks)

Thanks for you insight though psion!

I think it's from one of the news videos. It's not that weird that they would have it in there. In fact the "tour" video of FJ, was actually just the queue.

Very good point. Thanks.

Last edited: