The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have messaged the youtuber a nice and polite message just to find out a little more

The message
Every day we do our routine check-up of the youtube videos regarding The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter, upon searching we came across your video (Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Preview) can you please tell us how you acquired this video.

Thank you for your time BBPHUpdates.

And now we wait ............................. :bored:

It was after your screenshot of Quidditch viewers began the debate of whether it was a scene from the ride or a moving portrait. I completely remembered seeing that footage on an already shown moving portrait from what was called the "Wesh video". I YouTube searched "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" and set the upload date parameter to "This week". After seeing the first thumbnail image of a video featuring the Fat Lady, I clicked it and it started with Mark Woodbury sitting on Dumbledore's desk, so obviously I thought it was an old one. But his dialogue was different

Aah... I rest my case that no info or questions or ideas are too stupid or should be treated as such to post on any forum. If one is wrong they are wrong! While my ideas might have been off the mark I learned insight from psion and it resulted in BJCool finding this press release video before anyone else... and maybe released sooner than Uni wanted! Which I just LOVE!

...for a photo update from someone!

Be careful what you wish for... Just today... I was told something by a psychic great horned owl I consult with every so often... he said...

Sorry, I dare not say what he told me. He just asked me to be patient yet he also added, "be careful what you wish for... before the sun has set on..." and I feel I dare say no more.

Last edited:
Just saw this reply. I can't tell if you're being snarky or not. :|

But yes, this was public knowledge.

I wouldn't be snarky with you... I have known you online since IOACent and have always enjoyed your insights. Let me just offer that like the 4 minutes this ride is beginning to be listed at in the press... and that it has been reported (to me) to be just slight of that. I believe FJ will be just one scene shy of that number. They can make it 12 if they include the load and exit area I suppose. And what is a "scene" after all?

(and now I realize I have just killed my riddle.... yeeesh)

Wise old owls, wonder what wisdom he has to share with us.

Teebin, you are great at talking to birds of different kinds. Talk to my baby chicks and ask them why they are weird? :)

So I was half right in my theory of the portrait/Quidditch.

The Musion effect sounds like a good way of having the trio talk to us. Can't do it in real life or portraits so that leaves Musion.

I know 4min. is normal I'm just doing the math in my head of how many scenes have to fit into that time & it just doesn't seem like everything will fit in?

I know 4min. is normal I'm just doing the math in my head of how many scenes have to fit into that time & it just doesn't seem like everything will fit in?

It might. A dementor encounter can take less than 30 sec., womping willow= 30 sec. to 1 min., bassilisk= 30 sec., quiditch= 1 min., aragog= 30 sec., other stuff= 30 sec.

That's about 4 min. right there and I have no idea how long each section is actually going to be. So each one could be longer or shorter. We have no idea. We'll just have to wait. But I think they could fit everything in.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that, as pointed out by a previous poster, the ride will seem longer than it actually is. I have to agree that there are times when Spider-Man just sucks you in and you don't feel like the ride is the three, four minutes that it actually is. So, give Universal some slack here and don't judge the ride 'til you've been on it. Personally, from the sneak peeks I've seen, the ride looks nothing short of incredible, and if it's like a compressed version of the 'chaos' of Harry's life, I hardly think that it's going to be disappointing.

I saw this in the DD/DC queue tonight so i snapped a pic
SSPX0171.jpg

Other pics from tonight

For those that haven't been to IOA there's a fire hydrant in the middle of hogsmede lol
SSPX0170.jpg

since there aren't many pics from a wide angle i snapped this pic of where the green house backs up the bathroom area in JP
SSPX0166.jpg

a little closer look at the backside of a permanent gate that could get people out of the queue in an emergency
SSPX0167.jpg

here is a picture of a permanent gate that is behind the green temporary wall
SSPX0168.jpg

there's also a gate open to the right of the pic that's at the bottom of those emergency exit stairs we saw coming down from near the top of the building

here's a picture from a JP smoking area with potter visible, notice the lamp on the left
SSPX0164.jpg

Bryan you seriously rock sir major props for the killer pics. Good to see the wall has turned into a gate over by the green houses. I also noticed they took away the picnic tables so guess that makes it a bit harder to look over that wall lol. As far as the DC sign all I can say is EPIC WIN for giving us something new to gawk at.