The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was also out at the parks today and happened to grab a small photo update:

Universal-April006.jpg

Universal-April007.jpg

Universal-April010.jpg

Universal-April011.jpg

Universal-April012.jpg

Universal-April013.jpg

Universal-April014.jpg

Universal-April015.jpg

Reactions: mantaguy and BJCool
Bryan.. thanks for the pics... but I ain't happy about the changes to JP. Is Spielberg that much of a cash man that he would let his product be ripped apart? This doesn't make any sense at all... these are last 6 month changes/demands/compromises. They didn't protect the original gates all this time for nothing. Mark Woodbury should have replaced Mr. Rogers.... He is starting to look like bozo the clown. (not that he didn't already) the stuff he has backed down on... on the other hand... how much of these contracts were a total sell-out to the remaining park. This is beginning to stink.

God forbid JK or WB says "hide that building to the right of Hogwarts."

Last edited:
Yeah I agree that none of the potter stuff should be visable from JP but it doesn't look like they care. I believe the mindset is Harry Potter is all that is important now

and JK and WB are not gonna say hide the building because it's not visable from the Wizarding World, they don't care about the rest of the park

When it comes down to Universal's stance on the matter, Potter>JP in terms of taking priority of satisfying a fan base. It sucks, yes, but Uni probably doesn't care about that side that much anyway since there's only a little eatery over there, right? But I do wish the placement of the JP arch was shifted so the transition was better. And also that they should devise some plan on hiding/integrating with signs/or reasoning the existence of the show building in JP.

Last edited:
Hmmm. As far as everyone complaining about those fake looking shots for the fly-through portion of the forbidden journey I myself happen to be a amateur computer animation artist. Those shots werent done yet as far as texturing goes, and if they were there is SOMETHING else left to be done with them. I dont know what method they are using for everything but the nature of the shots leave me to believe that they werent completed yet and those are not their final form. I dont know how to explain, but if you had ever done any 3d animating you'd know what mean... It's one of those things you pick up and you can just tell with experience. It also seems like the projection is going to be more focused on the characters rather than the background, like the background will appear static while your actually on the ride.

Its not the end of the world. They can plant bamboo trees or add a hedge. Or like the huge screen/bored thing that they have in back of the to dueling dragons that looks like trees.

b_oldhamii1s.jpg

Last edited:
So we're going to be able to mail from the Owlery...do you think Universal will have it's own postmark from Hogsmede or just straight up Orlando postmark?

I vote it's own postmark.

--- Update ---

It's been a long time since I've been around and there was a lot of reading. Miss you guys, but was a bit put off by the Universal legal department.

Anyway, I couldn't stay away...

Does anyone know where the ariel picture is for the forbidden journey seats, i was out at a theme park near me Thorpe park and one of their rides slammer uses a type of restraint i had not seen before. When you are in these seats your legs are locked in and so are your shoulders but your bum can move which makes the ride so much more thrilling ill try to get a picture

---Update---

Ok so I didn't realize just how hard it is to get a decent picture of this ride so below I have added a picture with a little drawing type thing ignore my terrible paint skills :lol:

34i02tl.png

Last edited:
Yeah I agree that none of the potter stuff should be visable from JP but it doesn't look like they care. I believe the mindset is Harry Potter is all that is important now

and JK and WB are not gonna say hide the building because it's not visable from the Wizarding World, they don't care about the rest of the park

I believe Universal cares, there just hasn't been sufficent time to hide such elements. Most greenery that has been planted grows fast. It couldn't be expected for Universal to buy all adult trees and shrubs. In due time, I'm sure you will be surprise that WWoHP will be segregetaed, just like all the other Islands.

There's also the logic of "trying to hide an elephant in a room." Do you try to hide it and make it look worse or do you just let it sit out and people say "Oh it's an elephant" and move on. I know it's not the same, but I think with the success Universal has had inthe past with it's theming, we can trust their intensions. Right now we're all taking pictures from views that were not intended. On top of picnic tables, inbetween fences, through strange sightlines...once we get in there and take photos from intended angles...including from JP...I think we will all be pleased.

As far as caring about the rest of the park...you must not have been there in the last 6 months...they've made EVERYTHING look better. Seuss looks better than it ever has and so does Marvel! Now...if they would only paint that darn CATH hat out front!!!!

Good to see you Scott...

Last edited:
Sorry I got all angry at what I perceived as the destruction of JP last night. On reflection, the picture below looks far superior far superior to what was there before.

Now:
SSPX0164.jpg

Before it was just this ugly mass of weeds and stuff:
PICT0143.jpg

Not Sure if anyone has posted this yet but there's a pretty cool article that goes over some of the smaller details that can be found at the WWoHP.

LINK: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/aaa_ny/ct_201005/?WT.MC.ID=10081388#/26

UPDATE

OOPS, just realized this link had already been posted several pages back, sorry guys...but on an interesting sidenote I was looking at Tbad's new photos and noticed a chimney on one of the buildings. This go me to thinkin...wouldn't it be cool if on cold days or at certain times those cimneys actually would emit smoke...just sayin...would help add to the realism that WE ARE THERE.

Last edited:
wouldn't it be cool if on cold days or at certain times those cimneys actually would emit smoke...just sayin...would help add to the realism that WE ARE THERE.

You'll be happy to know that they do emit smoke! I'm too lazy to find the video proof, though...