The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those of you that didnt make it to that designer forum last night at the mad cow missed a great event. Alan gilmore was there and it was cool to hear him speak aboit the design of the wizarding world and reveal some secrets. Did anyone else go?

I didn't go last night, but I've talked to Alan before. He's the nicest and most complimentary Art Director I've ever met. He has an amazing way to communicate what he would like and really make you see what's in his mind. What was the event like?

--- Update ---

Hmm that is a possibility i do hope not though very unrealistic

It's the perfect spot for the lockers...it's part of the train station :)

We discussed that back in March, and even found a definitive answer. Here's my post when I found a Universal brochure that said the height restriction for FJ would be 48".

And the full brochure in PDF format is available here: http://www.universalorlandovacations.com/pdf/2010_UNI_brochure.PDF

Uni%20Brochure.png

Oh! Thank you very much! I'm happy =D

-Ra-:stitch:

I dont like the idea of going to the train station to put away my belongings to go a fight in a dragon challenges (wow and the lockers sounded unrealistic :p)

I dont like the idea of going to the train station to put away my belongings to go a fight in a dragon challenges (wow and the lockers sounded unrealistic :p)

Welcome to Hogwarts, thank you for riding the Hogwarts Express, now go onto thy doom and ride the chinese fireball or hugarian horntail! :lol:

Wanted to note in the virtual tour at least one facade store it out of place. Dominic whatever it's called with the sheet music in the window is actually the very 1st store on your left not almost all the way to FJ. We know this from the pics I (& many others) have taken

ok so last night i went to grad bash it was a lot of fun and i got some info about wwohp... i went to the entrance of hogsmeade hoping it would be open and there was a security guard standing there, i talked to him and he was telling me how he works inside the wwohp and seen basically everything ... i told him abotu stuff i knew and he was very surprised and confirmed everything and also i dont know if it was ever mentioned here but he said fj goes upside down, like not the tracks but the robotic arms flips u (if this is not true dont get mad at me im just restating what this guy told me lol) and also i asked him about the benches and he said there not yellow there wooden colored and he said it looks nice. so thats what i asically got out and i was mad cuz on the way back from universal i was thinking how i should have asked him about the chamber of secrets and if theres a basalisk but i forgot so ya i hope most of you like this info haha ..... and every senior got a free one day 2 park pass that is able to go from june to december 21

Hmm well what he said does sound very possible but as previously posted general workers and security guards don't really know alot, i dont see universal being so secretive about everything and then telling some random security guard.....

Hmm well what he said does sound very possible but as previously posted general workers and security guards don't really know alot, i dont see universal being so secretive about everything and then telling some random security guard.....

ya i know im just restating what he said... he told me he walked through it and he worked inside on it, hes been in all the shops and he said he saw the vehicles... and im sure he wasnt making it up becuase he was telling me stuff about what went on during the ride and he was saying stuff that we have confirmed on here true ... i couldnt believe he was telling me this stuff at the time lol

I agree that he probably hasn't seen much, but maybe he had to do some sort of evacuation training and caught a glimpse of a testing vehicle (perhaps) even if it was only in one section of the building. Or maybe in the maintenance building they run the programming just not with the base moving.? idk It's possible it's true but also highly unlikely.

Though hopefully true, b/c the only thing that wold make me more excited about this is knowing we may go upside down :drool5:

BBPH it sounds a lot like the security guy I talked with these really are not "random" guys. A few of them really have seen every inch of the WWoHP it's part of their job so it wouldn't surprise me (if it isn't the same guy I talked with) that this person has also seen the inside of the ride portion of FJ. The only thing that surprises me just a bit is that he knows it goes upside down but I am guessing this is because he saw it testing. Everyone becomes a bit more losse lipped when you tell them how much you already know.

BBPH it sounds a lot like the security guy I talked with these really are not "random" guys. A few of them really have seen every inch of the WWoHP it's part of their job so it wouldn't surprise me (if it isn't the same guy I talked with) that this person has also seen the inside of the ride portion of FJ. The only thing that surprises me just a bit is that he knows it goes upside down but I am guessing this is because he saw it testing. Everyone becomes a bit more losse lipped when you tell them how much you already know.

it could have possibly been the same guy lol.. ya he told me he walked through the whole thing and saw everything

We discussed that back in March, and even found a definitive answer. Here's my post when I found a Universal brochure that said the height restriction for FJ would be 48".

Thanks for finding that BJCool and also Jmaff who recalled something. So, what does that tell us about the ride and what it will and won't do? Hulk and DD have OTS restraints as will this ride... yet they are both 54". A "psychic vision" I had suggests to me that these will in fact be able to rotate on the end axis (meaning, turn the bench completely upside down). Does it tell us it won't rotate upside down and only rotate side to side 45 degrees? Does it tell us it is a more clever OTS restraint system that accomodates smaller persons?

The bench box system does make sense as it encloses the entire person, not just for visibility, but also for sound containment. Robocoasters make a whole lot of loud wizzin and geary sounds. Just search robocoaster on youtube. Those suckers are LOUD. Now imagine one 7' away on either side of you plus your vehicle. So, I would imagine the sound track/effects will be rather loud.

Ah true DisFreakBrent, you say tell me something. They say "what do you know?". you spill, and they spill. It's beautiful, especially if you say the wrong info on purpose so they are grinding their teeth thinking " your wrong!" and then finally they gush because they can't stand listening to the absurd things you say. :) ex. "I heard FJ actually uses strong magnets to keep your vehicle suspended in air so you actually fly" or " I heard it's impossible for the ride technology to turn you upside down". haha

If anyone remembers my post a little while ago about a two part restraint system used on S&S sky swats. One of the two parts is the shoulder portion of the restraint is two plastic things imagine a normal OTS with the bottome half cut off instead of folding down you pull the two bits strait down (this means it can fit someone of any height. The second part is a simple lap bar with a twist imagine a small box to your left and out of this is a curved lap bar on an axis you pull the lap bar around and down this means it also fits large and small people. I think this idea is very possible due to the amount of body types it fits :D

Ill try to find some pictures.

I thought the restraint thing was covered already? Ots. The restraints on the sky swat thing are probably patented and protected for S&S use only. I think we can expect thinner ots than normal but nothing other than that. If I had to guess.

I thought the restraint thing was covered already? Ots. The restraints on the sky swat thing are probably patented and protected for S&S use only. I think we can expect thinner ots than normal but nothing other than that. If I had to guess.

These restraints are still classed as Ots and its just an idea as the rider amount of body types possible are so large

10zml5i.png

Bottom

rr8v4l.png

I know what kind they are. I've been on a few S&S products but I just don't see something similar being used. Another thing we heard is that they are still developing bigger seats to be used in the future for the ride. I think the ots that are typically used on the robocoasters already functioning will be what we see on this attraction.

Kind of like the basic group lap bar on spider man, this ride probably won't be revolutionary in the way we are restrained.

I agree that he probably hasn't seen much, but maybe he had to do some sort of evacuation training and caught a glimpse of a testing vehicle (perhaps) even if it was only in one section of the building. Or maybe in the maintenance building they run the programming just not with the base moving.? idk It's possible it's true but also highly unlikely.

I agree too, you hit the right sort at the right time... and you listen closely... you can tell what/if/when. And you are right, evac training has already started. I heard a "stupid implausible rumor" today that leads me to believe it has been going on for a few weeks. Also, why would they know it goes upside down.... well in case it gets STUCK with some riders upside down in that particular scene.

There are 11-12 (if you believe 12 I have resort land in the Everglades National Park to sell ya) scenes and transitions. They have to have evac procedures for every angle that vehicle is at. And from what I have seen in my "psychic trance" visions with tips from my animal friends.... when the ride goes down, it ALL goes down and each vehicle LOCKS right where it is. It STOPS with all safety locks on if it is a system shutdown. It may have a more controlled way of putting one in a more easy to reach position if it isn't an emergency stop. Meaning, there is an emergency stop (someone arrived at unload dead) or system shutdown (computers/power/one vehicle decides that IT is the whomping willow)

Last edited:
Ah how exciting Teebin, I'm really looking forward to a breakdown !:) That makes sense, like when I inquired as to how they will stop our motion in the event of a emergency stop or power outage, and most responses led to what you've stated as being the safest way to halt motion.

Ah how exciting Teebin, I'm really looking forward to a breakdown !:) That makes sense, like when I inquired as to how they will stop our motion in the event of a emergency stop or power outage, and most responses led to what you've stated as being the safest way to halt motion.

However... let me clarify so no one slams me later for my imperfect "psychic trance" sand hill crane visions. I believe (but I do not know) that the very base has a release on the bottom rotation for evac... meaning the robot arm is locked, but the swivel base can be released and manually rotated to a safe area... that is conjecture based on the proximity of the dome projection scenes that I also saw in a dream when I took 40 Vicodin recently.