The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok so I was wrong it's because the window is higher up it appeared that it was the first shop on the left. This is why I take the pics & you can tell me whats in them exactly lol. I also noticed the props in the windows on the tour very exciting stuff *fingers crossed* only a few weeks away from getting in there

Ok so I was wrong it's because the window is higher up it appeared that it was the first shop on the left. This is why I take the pics & you can tell me whats in them exactly lol. I also noticed the props in the windows on the tour very exciting stuff *fingers crossed* only a few weeks away from getting in there

ugh, I know! So excited, I really hope if it is going to be a surprise opening that we know at least 24 hours in advance, I'm going to take a peek tomorrow morning... Someone said in the past that when we see FOTH running non stop for a couple days at a time that this will be a good clue of a soft opening, wonder if thats true.

ugh, I know! So excited, I really hope if it is going to be a surprise opening that we know at least 24 hours in advance, I'm going to take a peek tomorrow morning... Someone said in the past that when we see FOTH running non stop for a couple days at a time that this will be a good clue of a soft opening, wonder if thats true.

I dont think that will really be an indication as FOTH is fully tested and people have rode it :D

I dont think that will really be an indication as FOTH is fully tested and people have rode it :D

Yeah, I was thinkin since it was a previous attraction that all the tests that need to be done have been done by now, I don't know how many of your are this familliar with the movie scores, but I keep listening to "Buckbeak's Flight" from the Prisoner of Azkaban and I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe they installed an onboard sound sytem to FOTH that plays this song on it, it would add such an amazing mood to this attraction, esspecially with the begining drum prelude playing as you assend the chain lift.

Interesting but I don't think so as it is such a short attraction and lifthill that it would not be utilized to the max. That could be pretty darn cool though I like the thought behind it.

Hopefully we hear some of that or at least a similar composed score for the attraction near it or around it with the station and all. Could hype up the mystic and magic behind it.

I think it is the little touches now for the area of FoTH. Those pumpkin carts and such. That along with the detailed carts near the end of hogsmeade should pop up around the time Dragons goes down for the final period. Once that stuff rolls out you know they are about ready for showtime.

DisFreakBrent;105888 The WWoHP area has a capacity of 1 said:
Just because it is limited to 1500, doesnt mean that is the capacity. I think its a simple example of supply and demand. 1500 should be easy to "sell out", and still make wait times acceptable for those in attendance, while still giving them time to experience the entire island.

If the capacity was only 1500 we would be in a lot of trouble.

consider this. If a ride has a capacity of 1400(near average estimate of many attractions) an hour and has a multiple hour plus wait...that is more than that amount right there. Now take into account there are three attractions, large walking areas and retail/refreshment services around...

Capacity will beyond that in the thousands.

They capped that capacity at 1500 or so because that is mainly what the event is for...The Wizarding World. There are not going to be as many things open or places around it to go and lurk. So they cap it and charge more for the special event.

Last edited:

Are you going to the parks? If so can you take a lot of photos from the entrance wall near the Hogwart's Express? Also a lot of the castle from the Dragon Challenge line. Also some of the Greenhouses. I have a feeling they will have a lot of themeing done by tomorrow and the days to come.

I love how even when I post a reason for the low number & we've had the talk about how it's not that # there are still people quoting me saying I'm wrong. I KNOW IT WAS LOW one of the main reason I mentioned it was to stop people from slamming certain members & how they post. ;-) But glad everyone is on their toes enough to question me again on it & I do realize it's only the "capacity" for the event.

As far as if soft will have some kind of notice yes in some form we will know even if it's just based on previews for TMs & Passholders

Just got back from IOA today and saw nothing new around Potter. The music was playing full blast by the Dragons entrance under the Hogsmeade sign and people where stopping to listen to it. The only thing I noticed was that the tower by the Hogsmeade sign is still unpainted. I wonder why they just left it?

What?!?! something is still unpainted oh geez *rolls eyes* no wonder this is taking so long to open up they need to get on this & hurry the frick up already

In case you want to listen to it again, PotterCast's episode with discussion about intricate details of Forbidden Journey's queue and storyline is now online.

Listen to it online here: http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://media.libsyn.com/media/pottercast/pc100425.mp3

To open in iTunes click here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=79138340

Leaky Cauldron's description
The 219th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now online with a special extended preview of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando Resorts. Our own Melissa Anelli was recently on site for a special preview, and can now dish on the many details about the forthcoming Potter theme park, set to have its grand opening on June 18. In this special report, Melissa takes us through the many elements of the park, its rides, and attractions, as well as its many shops, sights, and scrumptious food and drink options. From the Forbidden Journey ride to Butterbeer at the park, this preview will offer up an abundance of information about the expansive Harry Potter attraction. We also take questions from the Livestream audience and give a few tidbits of information about our upcoming conference, LeakyCon 2011, which will take place at Universal Orlando Resort in July of 2011.

Last edited:
Travel Channel Special.

They have done all the specials for WDW and IOA.

I would think, they are already filming something during the contruction process.

I wonder when will this special be out.
Detailing on all the "magic" tech inside Potterland

Really want to see all the secrets out (of course after it opens and the secrets are out)

So... this is not as legit as Wednesday... but I think all of us should keep a trained eye on here and on this new Island starting tomorrow, Monday 04/26/2010. I also believe it will be unlike other past situations... "people" will be hushed beyond hushed about what they "experience" in the next few days. Again... this is a hunch far more lose than Wednesday... going with my gut and knowledge of clues, news and events of the past 5 days. Did you know there have been a few "events" in central Florida in the past 5 days? Everyone listen closely and watch closely.

The first thing that popped into my mind was the possibility of a new, unexpected batch of soft pretzels... hmmm.
Even though it's not as Legit as Wednesday, I certainly hope we'll be saying Legit as Monday come tomorrow.

Damn my location and lack of ways to get to Orlando.

psion I believe NBC has one planned & it was airing in June if I am correct?

Teebin I value your hints & if I could go I would but since it's nothing to do with soft & I don't have the means to rush over there this time someone else will have to go for it. But if my info is in tune with yours it wouldn't surprise me if this was a very interesting week of visitors to the area.

Will this event be visible in any way, shape, or form? Even without our seeing of it?

Only if I am correct... and only if we look, watch and listen very closely. How they will keep it quiet is beyond me, but I think that is being attempted. I can say no more.

Teebin I value your hints & if I could go I would but since it's nothing to do with soft & I don't have the means to rush over there this time someone else will have to go for it. But if my info is in tune with yours it wouldn't surprise me if this was a very interesting week of visitors to the area.

No, don't go... we might know it here first... by accident. Watch for misstatements from a certain "type".

Last edited:
Only if I am correct... and only if we look, watch and listen very closely. How they will keep it quiet is beyond me, but I think that is being attempted. I can say no more.
No, don't go... we might know it here first... by accident. Watch for misstatements from a certain "type".

Ahh ok that makes even more sense now I'll stay put & enjoy the view from home. But those thinking it has to do with soft pretzels I can tell you that's not the case. As you heard someone say today there are things yet to be painted & other things that still need to be done before you can get a nice bite out of this soft pretzel. Sad but true we just have to wait a bit longer to sink our teeth into anything.

grr, I wish I wasnt working like all day tommorrow so I can watch and listen here. It sounds interesting anyway.

Oh by the way, mugglenet just posted that the ww website has an updated tour of entrances to FJ and DC. I cant get it to work so I dont know exactly what it is but I thought Id give you all a heads up.