The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
sounds like an O.D. situation ^. I won't hold you to everything you might have made an error on. :)

considering how much you've been able to open our eyes to especially!

Is there a bathroom area within the hogwarts structure for guests? That would be a first from what I know of parks in Orlando. What is the Disney rule for distance between bathrooms... there IS one believe it or not. And all Orlando parks follow it.

Thats weird to have a certain distance between bathrooms. What if the WWoHP bathroom was to go over capacity (It probabally will at the grand opening)?

Did moaning murtle ever leave the toilet, sorry i didnt watch to much HP

Yes she went to Nearly Headless Nick's Deathday party. She went to the prefect's bathroom (where Harry took a bath, on the advice of Cedric in Goblet of Fire as opposed to the Girl's bathroom). And also in Goblet of Fire she joined Harry in the lake. She certainly can go anywhere it would seem. It was only mentioned her being in Hogwarts from what I recall. Though I think in one of the books it mentioned that before she started haunting the bathroom she haunted the girl who teased her... I may be wrong on that last part. Even though she can apparently travel anywhere, I am betting that she will be in the bathrooms.

So is the 4 min. ride time accurate or is that AAA thing untrustworthy? I suppose that's a reasonable turn around time for a dark ride. But 5 would be nice. 11 scenes crammed into 4 minutes should make for a non-stop action experience. I don't really care for any dead space where we just glide happily around a set piece. Ex. Jurassic park. you see the raptors, then slowly float around the turn to the drop where like 2 other things happen.

Thats weird to have a certain distance between bathrooms. What if the WWoHP bathroom was to go over capacity (It probabally will at the grand opening)?

No, it isn't weird. It provides the guest of whatever age a level of confidence... that it is safe for those who might have a problem to be visiting; think children, elderly, crones disease or hundreds of other requirements a guest might have. It might be something like 250' or under making it 500' apart.. you are either within 250 of one or the other. I am not sure that is the number... but there IS a number they attempt to stay within. Not everyone on this planet is between 13-17 years of age... and even they might require such tight distances.

No, it isn't weird. It provides the guest of whatever age a level of confidence... that it is safe for those who might have a problem to be visiting; think children, elderly, crones disease or hundreds of other requirements a guest might have. It might be something like 250' or under making it 500' apart.. you are either within 250 of one or the other. I am not sure that is the number... but there IS a number they attempt to stay within. Not everyone on this planet is between 13-17 years of age... and even they might require such tight distances.

I thought its weird because the bathrooms at UO don't seem to have certain distances apart form each other. They are all scattered about away from each other. I could see Hogwarts having its own personal Bathroom but I doubt it will happen because it would mess up the flow of the line. Just like the preshow rooms not having doors. Did they ever get doors to separate them?

^That is cool. But there are distances set in plans so that everyone is happy as much of the time as possible. It is filed under GREAT theme park design and engineering. It has been so since Disneyland, or close. But I do know that Disney Co. defined it. Take an IOA map... and draw a line between each advertised bathroom... and don't forget things like mythos or other table service restaurants in the park that also have bathrooms. You will be surprised. Nothing about a well designed park is random.

Last edited:
I'm bored, so I'll post this:

[video=youtube;Q2G4dXJopUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2G4dXJopUY[/video]

Although it's a new interview, it provides no new info... but it's on topic, so what the heck :p

Reactions: mantaguy
Wanted to note in the virtual tour at least one facade store it out of place. Dominic whatever it's called with the sheet music in the window is actually the very 1st store on your left not almost all the way to FJ. We know this from the pics I (& many others) have taken

From what I've seen, the map is correct. Dominc Maestro's is well past the Butterbeer cart and is right by the stacked cauldrons.

hey, ive been an avid reader of this forum hopin that when my holiday arrives I will get to see harry potter opened, if only a soft opening. Its been 2 years since i last visited orlando, that time missin the simpsons grand opening by 2-3 weeks. Well today is my first day of my holiday and going to i.o.a to see all the new harry potter stuff in person. I have luved seeing all the photos that have been placed on here but today i get to go and see it for real even if i cant walk thru the castle itself. Im sure it will be impressive from all the pics ive seen so ive just come on to say thank you for all the pics and info, now im just hopin for a soft opening in the next two weeks!!!

From what I've seen, the map is correct. Dominc Maestro's is well past the Butterbeer cart and is right by the stacked cauldrons.

ditto. even the props they have in the windows are accurate.

--- Update ---

FOTH, is that through the large arch on the right before you reach the castle? Or does that arch go somewhere else?

There is about 250 feet between that arch and the castle. The street shows will be by that arch. If you go to the left of the arch and when walk around the birm, you will see the FoTH. The sign for the ride isn't that grand, but it's a pretty stone carving.

Wow this place is slow going today. Anyway how bout some speculation on the fog screen we heard about? Was that suggested by SAS, or is it legit? Cuz that would make for an awesome on-ride video to buy, show your reaction to different terrifying moments from the ride. Especially watching your soul be sucked from your face on DVD.

This ride features sudden drops stops twists and turns and features effects such as fog, fire and wind. if you are sensitive to motion or have head neck or back problems it is recommended you do not ride this attraction. It also includes frightening images of your soul being sucked from your face.

^^ I saw my quote on another forum /website. I'm quite honored that someone thought it was funny enough to be used ! :) made my day. I was just searching for pics of the ride and when i read it i thought it sounded familiar then realized i wrote it.haha

Ha. That is pretty cool. Hope you got a shout out for that one.

Also I am surprised heart or high blood pressure was not mentioned in there along with everything else.

I really do hope the online universal map is changed when the wizarding world is added i hate the current one:

iyjt6f.png