The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
who are these insignificant people getting invites grr

he obviously knew what it was since he rehearsed retrieving the box lol

i thought the chest was real too, good to know it's only a cardboard box

In Celebrity apprentice, they had a wand that lit up and made sound effects. I'm asusming it came from the assortment of merchandise, though it could be from the younger kid "make a wand" assortment.

In Celebrity apprentice, they had a wand that lit up and made sound effects. I'm asusming it came from the assortment of merchandise, though it could be from the younger kid "make a wand" assortment.

That's the replica wand style I was referring to that has the light up tip & sound effect. Again hate to be the bearer of bad new but the "make a wand" option went away when they decided to not go with the Magiquest stuff. They are going to have the 13 that chose you & maybe a good 10 replicas with a possible one plastic cheapie wand for the younger set.

Last edited:

he obviously knew what it was since he rehearsed retrieving the box lol

i thought the chest was real too, good to know it's only a cardboard box

If your talking about Lance from Screamscape he gets the HHN boxes every year so he would know what he would be receiving.

I'm newposter on an Harry Potter website but sadly we did'nt receive the box but i supposed it's because we're french (so Universal can't paid us an trip to Florida)

That's the replica wand style I was referring to that has the light up tip & sound effect. Again hate to be the bearer of bad new but the "make a wand" option went away when they decided to not go with the Magiquest stuff. They are going to have the 13 that chose you & maybe a good 10 replicas with a possible one plastic cheapie wand for the younger set.

Are you sure about that? Less than three months ago Thierry Coup said there will be a "build-your-own wand" section for younger kids. From Mugglenet's report on Coup's discussion of Ollivander's:

A build-your-own wand station will be available for younger kids. Wand accessories will be available at Dervish and Banges, and Universal is looking into getting the wands to interact with other parts of Hogsmeade.

If Coup said it and Mugglenet reported it, I assume it will be there. The wand accessories being available at D&B makes sense, as the two stores are probably connected. Also, not that Coup said that they were "looking into" interactivity, a sneaky way of saying that it won't be there. It allows them to say later, "We tried, but it wasn't possible."

Last edited:

They're not really insignificant. They are webmasters for major sites related to Harry Potter (Andrew Sims from Mugglenet.com) and the theme park industry (Lance from Screamscape.com). They are invited to cover the Grand Opening and promote it on these popular sites ;-)

I had heard different things & since MagiQuest is the big thing for creating your wand & all the interactivity I thought they killed a larger aspect of creating your own wand. Maybe though it was kept in a small form in D&B as a cheap wand alternative. Honestly I always thought the Magi wands had a cheap crafty element to them & would rather have the cheap option be a plastic replica wand like you see sold with the costume at Halloween time. But sadly they more than likely kept the create option in D&B like you said.

Note as far as the press getting what they got after watching that video I think there should be a quiz the press has to pass on the subject before they get the cool invite. I mean really your going to a HP event you should know a bit about the series.

Last edited:
Just a reminder... my quiz is still in play. To follow up, every major building at Universal Orlando has a building number. i.e. Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, Sound stages etc.

So the quiz is this: What is the number for the Forbidden Journey building?

PM me the answer so as not to give up the game! We don't want people saying "oh I knew that..." after the gig is up.
Remember this is not a riddle and the number has no secret meaning that I know of.

Just as a heads up and something to discuss while its kind of slow... ALL rooms of ALL on-site hotels are booked solid for the night of the 18th, and surrounding dates. I only live 2 hours away so i will be driving up EXTREMELY early and sleeping in my car untill the parks open. What is the policy of cars being in the parking line before park hours? I was thinking of getting my spot around 12am on the 18th and sleep till they start letting people in. Would this work? Anyone else planning on going up early without having a hotel? and what times/plans do you have for getting in the park?

that sucks that you have to sleep in your car hope you dont get kicked out of the Park use your Cell Phone as a alarm clock to wake up early so you get a good spot to wait in line for the new harry potter ride. that sucks all the hotels are booked it really is gonna be crazy when it opens.

--- Update ---

are you sure all hotles are booked where did you hear this info from or how did you find out about this.

Just as a heads up and something to discuss while its kind of slow... ALL rooms of ALL on-site hotels are booked solid for the night of the 18th, and surrounding dates. I only live 2 hours away so i will be driving up EXTREMELY early and sleeping in my car untill the parks open. What is the policy of cars being in the parking line before park hours? I was thinking of getting my spot around 12am on the 18th and sleep till they start letting people in. Would this work? Anyone else planning on going up early without having a hotel? and what times/plans do you have for getting in the park?

lilmike... the 18th is going to be the BIG GRAND OPENING with stars and news crews and god knows what else. This has been confirmed by all the invites. No one else will be able to get near the WW. It will be shut down to all general guests. And I hope they have plans for limiting access to the temp bridge that day or there could be a collapse. I really hope they have thought about this.

Does anyone recall if on the grand opening of EE whether or not the attraction opened to regular guests at all sometime later in the day? I don't believe it was as there were huge trussed stages set up all over the walkways with cables for news, lighting... the whole thing was just one big show and private party well into the night as I recall.

Not to be a doggy downer but this is what AK looked like the day BEFORE EE had is grand opening. No regular guest could get near it.

PICT1118.JPG

PICT1122.JPG

PICT1125.JPG

PICT1126.JPG

PICT1134.JPG

Last edited:
Where was it confirmed that the 18th was a media opening day only? Universal would not be advertising the 18th as the Grand Opening if guests can't get it on the 18th. The issues would be unbearable for Universal if they denied people entrance on what they are advertising as the Grand Opening. This sounds like you may have been misinformed along the way.

Where was it confirmed that the 18th was a media opening day only? Universal would not be advertising the 18th as the Grand Opening if guests can't get it on the 18th. The issues would be unbearable for Universal if they denied people entrance on what they are advertising as the Grand Opening. This sounds like you may have been misinformed along the way.

Scroll back, I just posted pictures. This was the day before EE's QUOTE "Grand Opening". Major theme park Grand Openings are NOT, and NEVER HAVE BEEN open to the public in recent memory. I promise you that this is truly the case with this mega attraction. I am not trying to be a jerk... but my pictures above speak for themselves. You couldn't get NEAR EE.

So, since it's slow, I'll post a nifty picture. I really don't know where this was taken from, but it was in a recovery folder and I stumbled over it again today. The admins can remove it if they so desire, but I guess its just at the entrance to contractor parking. Doesn't show anything "revealing", but I think the logo is pretty BA. Enjoy!

db_2009_0707_StrongarmParking1.jpg