The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hint: Why are all of the major buildings on UO property numbered? Why? Seek logic and there you will find the lead to your answer. Then you will have to be brave and follow it through.

Teebin, I'm too anxious about this whole thing to even be able to think... The only reason I can think of why they are numbered is for tracking purposes. Sorry I'm all out of logic :shrug:

Teebin, I'm too anxious about this whole thing to even be able to think... The only reason I can think of why they are numbered is for tracking purposes. Sorry I'm all out of logic :shrug:

Good... who would want to "track" a building. Hint... when a hunter is tracking an animal... the hunter is trying to find out where the animal IS. Who would want to know the number of a building... track it down?

are we talking GPS...?

Ugh, some of you people are our future? Dialing phone: "Hi my mother in law is having a heart attack I think.... Other: what is your location? Calller: Central Florida. Other: Where in Central Florida? Calller: Near lake eola... Other: WHAT IS THE ADDRESS? Caller: we are the Williams family... we are well known in our neighborhood... you know where we are! Other: What? What is your address? Caller: We are near the Mall. My mother in law has stopped breathing... get here quickly!!! Other: Where are you.. we need your address? Caller: Address??? Can't you see where I am calling from on my Cell Phone? Other: No we can't, not that quickly.... what is your address??? Caller: I dunno know.... it is a nice area near the mall, something called something palms lonely something...it is really pretty, it even has lake frontage...

So, why are the buildings numbered???

Last edited:
Ugh, some of you people are our future? Dialing phone: "Hi my mother in law is having a heart attack I think.... Other: what is your location? Calller: Central Florida. Other: Where in Central Florida? Calller: Near lake eola... Other: WHAT IS THE ADDRESS? Caller: we are the Williams family... we are well known in our neighborhood... you know where we are! Other: What? What is your address? Caller: We are near the Mall. My mother in law has stopped breathing... get here quickly!!! Other: Where are you.. we need your address? Caller: Address??? Can't you see where I am calling from on my Cell Phone? Other: No we can't, not that quickly.... what is your address??? Caller: I dunno know.... it is a nice area near the mall, something called something palms lonely something...it is really pretty, it even has lake frontage...

So, why are the buildings numbered???

i. have. no. idea. all i can think of is soundstage numbers like; 18, 22, 23... whats this all about anyways? Oh yeah, cause we were bored right? Now i'm bored and a little annoyed for no reason. lol

call me stupid but I just don't know.

edit: I'm sure these buildings have numbers for emergancy situations, like reference numbers for emergancy reasponders to refer to.... so I see where you're going with that hint. Are we talking phone numbers...?

Last edited:
Universal is making a HUGE mistake if they are seriously advertising the GRAND OPENING on the 18th and not letting the general public in. The countless complaints they will be receiving including mine i just cannot fathom. Ill call tomorrow about this issue. When i talked to the women about booking the hotels i briefly stated "you are aware why i am asking for these dates" and she replied "Yes, the Wizarding Worlds Grand Opening" We laughed it off. If the GP was not allowed in, wouldn't she be required to tell me this information?

i. have. no. idea. all i can think of is soundstage numbers like; 18, 22, 23... whats this all about anyways? Oh yeah, cause we were bored right? Now i'm bored and a little annoyed for no reason. lol

call me stupid but I just don't know.

edit: I'm sure these buildings have numbers for emergancy situations, like reference numbers for emergancy reasponders to refer to.... so I see where you're going with that hint. Are we talking phone numbers...?

It makes it easier to say where you are in the park, as an employee. For example, "what area of the park are you in", other employee responds "in building 35". Its easier saying that, then saying "in The Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey building". I'm so smart. :D Anyways # 35 was just an example.

Haven't been following the recent conversation with regard to Grand opening date and all that, but when a theme park announces an "Opening date" for a land, attraction, or park, that's the day it's open to all guests. Passholder previews, press previews, cast/team member previews, employee previews, etc are all done prior to the "Grand Opening." That's the way it's done. Often times the media gala will be held the day before the official opening.

So when Universal says the grand opening date is June 18th, that means that anyone who's in the park is allowed to enter Wizarding World and ride any attractions that are functioning. Whether or not you'll be able to get in due to capacity problems is another story, but they won't tell you, on June 18th, "we're sorry, this grand opening was for hotel guests only" or something to that effect. Otherwise they'd advertise the opening as an exclusive opening for specific types of people only, not as simply a general grand opening.

Unless they have unexpected delays with attractions, June 18th is the "open to all of the public" date, capacity not withstanding.

To clarify - I personally believe that park capacity, in addition to Wizarding World capacity, are going to be maxed out on June 18th. You will have a tough time even moving around at IOA. But if you get there early enough (how early I don't know), you will absolutely not be turned away because you don't have a special lanyard. Publically announced "grand opening dates" are just that. The day it's open to the public. Having FJ, the centerpiece and only true attraction in the Wizarding World, closed on "opening day" would be a colossal nightmare for Universal. They would not, under any circumstances, announce June 18th as the official opening date of WW if FJ was going to be off limits to people without special access. But again - good luck riding it on that day in light of the masses of people that will be there.

--- Update ---

Scroll back, I just posted pictures. This was the day before EE's QUOTE "Grand Opening". Major theme park Grand Openings are NOT, and NEVER HAVE BEEN open to the public in recent memory. I promise you that this is truly the case with this mega attraction. I am not trying to be a jerk... but my pictures above speak for themselves. You couldn't get NEAR EE.
Grand Openings are always open to the public. Media days, preview days, etc are (almost) always closed to the public. June 18th is the public opening of WW. If the FJ attraction is fully functioning, and you get there early enough, you will not be turned away for not having the proper authorization to ride. You can, and likely will, be turned away for getting there too late or for capacity reasons. Sorry, Teebin, I like and respect your posts, but you're wrong on the terminology on this one.

Last edited:
Then forbidden journey may not be open on the 18th? I'm going to Universal on July 6, you think that is open and can be ride?

:stitch:

Then forbidden journey may not be open on the 18th? I'm going to Universal on July 6, you think that is open and can be ride?

:stitch:

Teebin was only saying that on the day of 18th June it may only be open to the media (although that hasn't been officially said anywhere). The 18th june is still the grand opening of the FJ ride too, so is open from that date onwards.

Often you take my weight off! I thought that was not going to go up to FJ and I have great expectation to view it

Stitch :stitch:

My guess is that at 9am when the park opens you will not be allowed into twwohp. They will have a private ceremony in hogsmeade with the stars, execs, and media around 10am and after that they will open the gates for all to enter. For several hours after it opens I would think the stars will be around so guests can get pics "of" them (not "with" them).

When Disaster and Simpsons had their grand opening, the attraction was indeed closed to the public. However, once the grand opening ceremony was finished the members of the media were allowed into the attraction. Sometime after this (and the celebrities and executives were gone) the attraction did open to the public. The public would then wait in an already huge queue behind whoever was left from the media event.
There is a very good chance that FJ will open to the public on June 18th, but it WON'T be at park open and when it does there will already be a massive queue of media and others.

This is how it is. Grand opening ceremonies aren't for the public. It has always been that way and precedent says it will be repeated here. Again, there is a very good chance that FJ will open to the public on June 18th, but it WON'T be at park open and when it does there will already be a massive queue of media and others.

I understand what all of you are saying. Its just a huge mistake on Universals part on an attraction this big. We didn't have people flying in from all over the country for Disaster or Simpson's. Wether or not it is common for Grand Openings to not include the general public, this is one of those projects they should not be doing this with. Like I said, ill call UNI either later or tommorow and see what they have to say on this matter...

I'll be interested to hear what Universal reports. Typically the rides are closed until after the media event are done and long gone. When Mummy opened they were letting the public in to ride around 2 or 3pm, but the line was a few HOURS long. I haven't read too far back, but if Teebin is saying not go go on the 18th, I agree with him...unless you just want to look from afar. There haven't been any confirmed stars, but I'm sure the more that attend the longer the media will stay and the longer it will take to get a look. Universal is planning quite a show considering they're opening an entire land, not just a ride.

SO if you just want to take some pictures of oceans of people, have fun on the 18th! It will be an experience to remember...please don't expect to get a ride unless you know someone in the media you can take a media pass from!!!!!

So many people were invited to the grand opening that they didn't have room to invite the UC team who BUILT and DESIGNED the ride. If their team can't fit, I don't believe people from the public will be able to get too close.

Has anyone tried to actually contact Universal and find out when (and if) guests will be aloud in that day? It is incredibly easy to obtain this information from them, but you may have to lie about your identity when contacting them.

So if the general public won't be allowed in, what about the on-site hotel guests who booked the packages? I mean, Uni has already said they would honor their packages. Maybe that would be the question to ask. Will on-site guests be able to visit that day if they booked the packages?

I haven't read too far back, but if Teebin is saying not go go on the 18th, I agree with him...unless you just want to look from afar. There haven't been any confirmed stars, but I'm sure the more that attend the longer the media will stay and the longer it will take to get a look. Universal is planning quite a show considering they're opening an entire land, not just a ride.

ALERT THE MEDIA! soyouthinkyouknow and Teebin actually agree on something!

Truly folks, Simpsons, the Mummy etc were small potatoes compared to EE and the WWofHP. Sure you could ride those in the afternoon after the grand opening.

Simpsons redux: 10 - 20 million (fart)
Mummy: 40-45 million (belch)
EE: 100-150 million (yikes) no riding on both the day and evening before and the day and evening of the grand opening.
WW: 200-250 million and counting (holy friggah!)

Did you know that the grand opening press kit for EE was almost as elaborate as the WW press kit we have seen in recent days? I could find only this tiny picture of what it looked like.

1_a695f66dd6823dc190ab3f48bd3d4465.jpg

I find it hard to believe that UC wasn't even invited to the grand opening event. That's cold.

Well, keep in mind, they have already seen it ad nauseam and are probably SICK of it by now...

Last edited: